Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Cemersons countdown thread begins

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Lane assist meant I didn't have to steer either pretty much, though it does moan on the straight bits that you've let go and threatens to turn off (even when you haven't)
    I've only had it complain once and that was when I actually had let go as an experiment.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Really? I might have a moan about it to the dealer then
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    I've got the green indicators for dipped and side lights on my S line.

Anyone else with a sport our SE care to check?
    Yep, exactly the same for the SE trim
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

6th Gear

Status
    In case anyone is interested in my towbar electrics troubles...

Went to the dealer today but he's not sure they can do anything, but is going to check. I also asked about the ACC extra menu (to change the default distance), and turning off the detection for whether you are holding on to the steering wheel or not for the lane assist (mine keeps beeping and saying i've let go when I haven't!), and he's going to try to get both of those done as well.

They also have an s-tronic 184PS A3 in at the moment which he is going to try and get for me for the day while my car is in, which will be an interesting comparison
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status

Went to the dealer today but he's not sure they can do anything, but is going to check. I also asked about the ACC extra menu (to change the default distance), and turning off the detection for whether you are holding on to the steering wheel or not for the lane assist (mine keeps beeping and saying i've let go when I haven't!), and he's going to try to get both of those done as well.

They also have an s-tronic 184PS A3 in at the moment which he is going to try and get for me for the day while my car is in, which will be an interesting comparison
    I'd be interested in the comparison if you do get the chance.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

3rd Gear

Status

Argh how can they not supply it to UK standards? If they can't I would suggest requesting your money back for the tow bar option! Either that or they will have to pay someone to bring it to UK spec without voiding your warrantee.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

6th Gear

Status
    It's not UK spec, it's an international spec (although obviously used in the UK as well)! IOS 11446. I requested it was wired to this beforehand, and he confirmed it would be. The issue is that the 12V switched lines aren't connected. I don't even really need them at the moment, but I might do in the future. Most manufacturers won't bother connecting these for some reason (probably cost saving) but should do it on request. If they are going to advertise 13 pin electrics, it should be to the documented standard!

3rd Gear

Status
    It's not UK spec, it's an international spec (although obviously used in the UK as well)! IOS 11446. I requested it was wired to this beforehand, and he confirmed it would be. The issue is that the 12V switched lines aren't connected. I don't even really need them at the moment, but I might do in the future. Most manufacturers won't bother connecting these for some reason (probably cost saving) but should do it on request. If they are going to advertise 13 pin electrics, it should be to the documented standard!
    That's exactly the point! You may not need them right now but as long as they bring it to spec! It's an expensive option after all! I know you won't let it go though
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

6th Gear

Status
    Was in Wales this weekend and managed to run over a rock which completely wrecked my back right tyre - the road was barely wider than the car so couldn't do a lot! Luckily there was no other damage or scratches anywhere, so put on the space saver (worked great, and all the tools you get to work with are brilliant as well). Managed to get a new tyre in Bangor today after a 50mph drive, very quick to do, and is an identical tyre to the ones on there (even being the Audi specific 'A0' one), so that was good! Space saver back in the boot, everything back to normal! Bit of an adventure (and an expensive one at that), but everything went very smoothly so can't complain really!

3rd Gear

Status
    Bummer! I assume you didn't take out tyre insurance? Would it have made a difference in this case?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

6th Gear

Status
    I don't know as I don't know the details of tyre insurance, but I've now got the new one insured for a year through kwik fit for a tenner, thought I might as well!

6th Gear

Status
    Well, car is dropped off but didn't get the 184PS A3, got a 2.0TDI SE A4. I don't like it that much really, lower power (or power/weight ratio anyway), offset pedals, no toys, and just too big to park!

2nd Gear

Status
    Well, car is dropped off but didn't get the 184PS A3, got a 2.0TDI SE A4. I don't like it that much really, lower power (or power/weight ratio anyway), offset pedals, no toys, and just too big to park!
    The pedal offset on the A4 is noticeable but not as bad as the offset on the A5 which is just huge...

Hope you get your car sorted in only 1 day so you can get back to A3 bliss.

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, I'm picking it up tonight so hopefully back in my A3 soon enough! I'm really noticing the lack of hold assist, and kept having to tell myself that the cruise control wasn't going to slow down to meet the car in front as it wasn't adaptive!

6th Gear

Status
    Or not.... they just rang me to say it has to stay in till tomorrow, grr

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234