Saloon on configurator

cemerson

Reaction score
Not seen this posted before yet, but the Saloon is now on the online configurator

Reactions: hittchy
Yep seen that just now. Looks very nice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I've been invited to a 'Preview' event for the new A3 Saloon at my local dealers on Wednesday evening. Presumably one of the LHD models that have been the rounds.

Had a look at it yesterday, it was one of the German ones doing the rounds with all options included :) Have to admit seeing it in the flesh swung it for me, have been trying to choose between the Sportback and Saloon for some time, its a cracker especially with all the bling on board including Panoramic sun roof, 19" rims, Tech Pack with Audi Connect and B&O System which filled the showroom!! my eldest son was suitably embarrassed! If you are toying between the two make sure you see it for real, pictures don't do it justice, can't help thinking its going to knock A4 sales until the 2014 model arrives, had sorted a cracking price on the Sportback now back to the drawing board to try and negotiate a deal on the Saloon :-( IMAG0166IMAG0167

Last edited:
Had a look at it yesterday, it was one of the German ones doing the rounds with all options included :) Have to admit seeing it in the flesh swung it for me, have been trying to choose between the Sportback and Saloon for some time, its a cracker especially with all the bling on board including Panoramic sun roof, 19" rims, Tech Pack with Audi Connect and B&O System which filled the showroom!! my eldest son was suitably embarrassed! If you are toying between the two make sure you see it for real, pictures don't do it justice, can't help thinking its going to knock A4 sales until the 2014 model arrives, had sorted a cracking price on the Sportback now back to the drawing board to try and negotiate a deal on the Saloon :-( View attachment 18751View attachment 18752

Talk about wetting ur whistle ... Lol
Where is the rest of the pics for us to gaze at? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Sorry as soon as I jumped out to get these shots others jumped in therefore unable to get further shots, once again have to say how impressed I was with the car, if you get a chance to see it at your local dealership go for it :)

more....

Attachments

• a32.jpg
    a32.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 205
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 193
  • a33.jpg
    a33.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 192
I visited my local dealership on Friday to view a LHD A3 Saloon they had on display outside the showroom. I agree that it looks even better than in the brochure. The model they were displaying was not an S-Line but one of the European specifications somewhere near our Sport spec. It did not have many extras fitted but still looked great. Sorry, no photos.

Got the build week for my saloon, week 42 but hoping it may come forward a few weeks.

Hi Broadstraik I am about to place my order for the Saloon and just wondered in a previous post whether you managed to negotiate much off the list price, my local dealership is reluctant on that front, however, if I travel 35 miles I can get almost £1000 off list price, an idea on ballpark discount would be good :)

If you are toying between the two make sure you see it for real, pictures don't do it justice, can't help thinking its going to knock A4 sales until the 2014 model arrives...
I think it looks quite good in the pictures. Have mixed feeling about seeing it for real because I think I will want one and I'm not due a change for 2 years. My wife is changing next year. If she sees this car...

Spoke to my local dealer - he said they are not expecting to sell big numbers compared to the Sportback. The saloon is IMO far better looking than the Sportback. It also looks far neater than the A4. Not sure how the new A4 is going to beat it on style as it will probably just look like a fat A3 saloon.

... can't help thinking its going to knock A4 sales until the 2014 model arrives...
Could that be why there is not going to be a entry spec A3 Saloon SE model? The A3 Saloon will only be available in higher spec Sport or S-line.

The Saloon is a cracking looking car, thinking of getting the S3 saloon to replace my current B8 S4, just hope audi pull there finger out and not make us wait for a silly long time for delievery once the order books open!!

Anyone looking at buying a new car you need to get a quote of a broker then take it into your local dealer if they wont play ball order it through the broker its a no brainer when you could be saving 2k plus on list price.

Hi Broadstraik I am about to place my order for the Saloon and just wondered in a previous post whether you managed to negotiate much off the list price, my local dealership is reluctant on that front, however, if I travel 35 miles I can get almost £1000 off list price, an idea on ballpark discount would be good :)

I got a discount of £1,150 off a list price of £30,538 which is about 3.75%. Drive the Deal were offering only £1,000 off and Orange Wheels £1,250 so I am quite happy with the dealers discount.

The Saloon is a cracking looking car, thinking of getting the S3 saloon to replace my current B8 S4, just hope audi pull there finger out and not make us wait for a silly long time for delievery once the order books open!!

Anyone looking at buying a new car you need to get a quote of a broker then take it into your local dealer if they wont play ball order it through the broker its a no brainer when you could be saving 2k plus on list price.

The estimate for the open for order date for the S3 Saloon is February 2014 and for the 2.0 TDI 184 PS Saloon is summer 2014.

I was interested in the S3 saloon myself but not willing to wait nearly a year for it.

I got a discount of £1,150 off a list price of £30,538 which is about 3.75%. Drive the Deal were offering only £1,000 off and Orange Wheels £1,250 so I am quite happy with the dealers discount.

Thanks Broadstraik that gives me something to work on, I've had various quotes via CarWow with one of the dealers offering almost £1900 off the deal, it will depend on what they can offer me on my car but they're only an hours' drive away, it certainly is worth consideration just waiting to hear how close my local dealership can get to that deal, in an ideal world would like to support the local dealership as it would be serviced there to,

Your right, the discount is only part of the equation if you have a trade in as one can play off the other and getting a good discount at the expense of a poorer trade in price. I have left myself with the option of selling my car or trading in. I think I should be able to get a better price for my car by at least £500 than the Audi dealer has offered by selling it to a trader but if this falls through I will just trade it in. Would probably get even more as a private sale if I put it in the paper but I cannot be bothered with the hassle.

Your right, the discount is only part of the equation if you have a trade in as one can play off the other and getting a good discount at the expense of a poorer trade in price. I have left myself with the option of selling my car or trading in. I think I should be able to get a better price for my car by at least £500 than the Audi dealer has offered by selling it to a trader but if this falls through I will just trade it in. Would probably get even more as a private sale if I put it in the paper but I cannot be bothered with the hassle.

It seems a great idea to keep both options open, I do get the impression on previous trade ins particularly with BMW that they have already factored in a profit margin on the part ex vehicle therefore not sure they will be able to give me such a good deal if they know that I am doing a cash & finance deal, will explore this possibility though, thanks for the advice

The estimate for the open for order date for the S3 Saloon is February 2014 and for the 2.0 TDI 184 PS Saloon is summer 2014.

I was interested in the S3 saloon myself but not willing to wait nearly a year for it.

Yeah thats what i was told, well apart from one sales women at a local audi showroom who told me there wasnt an S3 saloon being built!!! when i said well its on the audi uk website she got all arsey! where the hell do they get some of these chimps in sales from!!! half of them dont know sod all about the cars they are selling or new ones coming out.

I know what you mean about the wait but imo it will be worth it and its the only car thats coming out that i really like the look of and would suit my needs. its very rare i buy new but think i will take the plunge on this one.