AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By number3
  • 1 Post By A3sportbackMark

Thread: A3 8V mini meet and cruise on 1st September

4th Gear

Status

A3 8V mini meet and cruise on 1st September

A few months ago I suggested doing the above and there were a couple of folk potentially interested. Now I have my collection confirmed for 1st September thought I would gauge interest. Personally I think it would be great to get a collection of new A3's on the road at the same time and met some of the characters on here especially as so many of us have had very similar experiences over the last few months.

When: 1st september, early/mid afternoon.
    Where: somewhere close to M25 between the A10 and A12
    What: meet at a car park and the head off on mini cruise for perhaps 20 miles or so (30 mins) and then reconvene at another car park, maybe a pub for a chat and non alcoholic drink for those interested.
    Who: A3 8v's only, originally was for Daytona Grey but happy to extend to all colours.

For me this all depends on what time of day my collection is and have been promised first slot on Sunday morning by my dealer as need to get over to south London to collect and drive back. Is this a reasonable thing to do or am I way off the mark?

Just ping a note back if you might be interested and if the date works for you and I will organise if we can get enough interest, and post on the meets part of the site as well.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Nice idea but probably a little too far away for me
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

3rd Gear

Status
    I may be interested but it depends on if I deffo get sept 1st collection? Guess I will get that confirmed once the car has been built?
    Also depends if I can drag myself away from showing it off to all my friends

Does sound like a good photo opportunity though? If not the 1st maybe a group of us could meet up at some point? A13/M25 Thurrock services is always a good place to meet, then on to a good location for photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post
    I may be interested but it depends on if I deffo get sept 1st collection? Guess I will get that confirmed once the car has been built?
    Also depends if I can drag myself away from showing it off to all my friends

Does sound like a good photo opportunity though? If not the 1st maybe a group of us could meet up at some point? A13/M25 Thurrock services is always a good place to meet, then on to a good location for photos?

I am pretty much in same position but at least I know my car is built and just need a good allocation time from the dealer on 1st.

Thurrock services could work, I was thinking about Holiday in Brentwood to Traveloodge, Cheshunt or vice versa with a stop off somewhere in Cheshunt or Brentwood for photos, a few good places in either place.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

6th Gear

Status
    If enough people are interested then I'd make the trek down. Not really worth the journey if there's like three of us but if we can get a few more then I'm game
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

4th Gear

Status
    Great idea, be nice to meet the people behind the words. I don't actually have the car yet, expecting a 1st sept delivery, so only a slim chance I can make it.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

6th Gear

Status
    Maybe if you didn't have it stuffed at one end of the country I might have driven over (assuming mine comes by then...)
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    If enough people are interested then I'd make the trek down. Not really worth the journey if there's like three of us but if we can get a few more then I'm game
    Agree, would only want to organise if I had at least half a dozen definate's and a few more tentative as you will always get a few last minute back outs, based on experience of years of sorting out sports team selections. Hence the early heads up to judge interest.

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok looks like we could drum up some interest in this, I think with enough of us together combined with Vertigo's photographic skills this could turn into something interesting.
    Personally I wouldn't want to travel too far on the day of collection (especially if I am up late to collect it at midnight, no doubt I will be driving for a few hours after collection) but we could organise something a little more central at a later date if it meant more would come?

We could set up a thread and organise when and where etc? What do people think?

A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

1st Gear

Status
    Some of us have our location shown in our profile.

If more did so it would be easy to see where we are all located and be better placed to choose an area for a meet.

I wonder if Sandra is able to provide some information in this respect, something like name of location and number of people on the A3 8v forum, without infringing the Data Protection Act, of course?
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

4th Gear

Status
    Based on the colour poll, close on 150 entrants, I reckon at least 10 -15% are in the southeast and within maybe an hour of north London/ Essex/Herts with cars by start of September and if we could get half to turn up that would be around 9 or 10

With a few people hoping for 1st September collection trying to do this no the first might be a bit premature but let's see how the thread and interest pans out and make a call on date and location when we have a better feel for how many might be interested.

5th Gear

Status
    Could be tempted, depending on location. Anywhere south of London would be possible for me.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

4th Gear

Status
    Just pushing this to the top again to see if there are any more yes's, no's or maybe's

3rd Gear

Status
    Like others said it depends on location shall we make a decision on that then decide on a date?
    I think an M25 service station would be a good idea then a mini cruise on to a photo location

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    This is something I would be up for. I live between Essex/Suffolk border and literally would take me 30 mins to get to the meeting point.

I trust this offer extends to those on 13' plates?????

My only snag is that my wife is due to have our first child around the 1st/2nd September and if she goes in to labour she will not be a happy bunny if I have managed to put 40 miles between us. lol.

I'm definitely up for this.
    Sportback / 2TDI / Manual / S-Line / Amalfi White / Sport Suspension /
    Alcantara Leather Split / Heated Seats / Elec Lumbar / Phone Box / Audi Sound System / Sat Nav /
    Privacy Glass / Through Load / Rear Side Airbags / Tyre Pressure Monitor

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    I trust this offer extends to those on 13' plates?????
    And 62' plates!!!! Would be up for this as well

Vertigo, do you remember when ours where all shinny and new
    Vertigo1 likes this.
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

Neutral

Status
    Now let's not forget about me!!! 1st September would be a struggle although I have a 10:30am pick-up slot, I have to go to Manningtree and other places to show it off first.
    On Order...Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sportback S-Line. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoking and Tyre Monitor...Due in July...ordered March

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    My only snag is that my wife is due to have our first child around the 1st/2nd September and if she goes in to labour she will not be a happy bunny if I have managed to put 40 miles between us. lol.

I'm definitely up for this.
    Congrats SJW :D

I think because a number of people will be collecting on the 1st would it be a good idea to move it to a later date if it means more people could make it.

3rd Gear

Status
    P.S I think it would be a good idea to keep it open to all 8V owners and maybe get a show of hands as to see who will be interested in a photo opportunity somewhere in the Essexish area

3rd Gear

Status
    Sorry for multiple posts but lets start a show of hands then we can sort out a date and location

Up for a photo shoot?

1) 97Catalunya
    2)

5th Gear

Status
    1) 97Catalunya
    2) mjcourtney
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

4th Gear

Status
    Ok looks like nearly enough interest to make it worthwhile organising, keeping adding your interest (or not) to this thread

I will send out a list of folk confirmed, interested or tentative at the weekend some point

Update to the plan as folllows:

When: Sunday 8th September, early/mid afternoon.
    Where: somewhere close to M25 between the A10 (Jct 25) and A127 (jct 29)
    What: Meet at a car park and head off on mini cruise for perhaps 20 miles or so (30 mins) and then reconvene at another car park, for drinks and photo opportunity (I'll look for options here, or open to suggestions, thanks 97 Catalunya for suggesting Thurrock services)
    Who: A3 8v's only 3 and 5 door, all reg's

3rd Gear

Status
    Your welcome Daveotto. Sorry for hijacking your thread ;-) just getting enthusiastic about drumming up interest

3rd Gear

Status
    1) Daveotto
    2) mjcourtney
    3) 97catalunya
    4)
    5)
    6)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Get mine on the 2nd and live in bexleyheath so not a million miles away if your staying north m25 ish. I will be in depending on date of course.

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    1) Daveotto
    2) mjcourtney
    3) 97catalunya
    4) SJW
    5)
    6)
    7)
    Sportback / 2TDI / Manual / S-Line / Amalfi White / Sport Suspension /
    Alcantara Leather Split / Heated Seats / Elec Lumbar / Phone Box / Audi Sound System / Sat Nav /
    Privacy Glass / Through Load / Rear Side Airbags / Tyre Pressure Monitor

4th Gear

Status
    1) Daveotto
    2) mjcourtney
    3) 97catalunya
    4) SJW
    5) A3sportbackMark (tentative)
    6)
    7)
    Daveotto likes this.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

4th Gear

Status
    Ok folks, quick update on this before I head off for 2 and bit weeks in the sun - any more folk confirmed or potential please add yourselves to the list.

Where: somewhere close to M25

I have two meet options either Cheshunt Travelodge (0.5 miles from M25 jct 25) or holiday Inn, Brentwood (0.5miles from M25 jct 28) - will go with the majority. Both offer plenty of parking and very easy to find from M25 junctions.

Then on to a pub car park in Epping Forest, no more than 2-3 miles from M25 jct 26, currently making enquiries with couple of places trying to get reserved parking in a nice country setting for the photos.

Let me know if this works for you all or if you have any other ideas?
    Last edited by Daveotto; 29th July 2013 at 21:35.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by number3 View Post
    And 62' plates!!!! Would be up for this as well

Vertigo, do you remember when ours where all shinny and new
    Haha, I remember being the only one on the roads around here for a month or two!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Ok folks, quick update on this before I head off for 2 and bit weeks in the sun - any more folk confirmed or potential please add yourselves to the list.

Sorry but I won't be able to make that weekend as I'm away

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Sorry but I won't be able to make that weekend as I'm away
    Awe that's a shame, would have been good to have your photography skills there.

3rd Gear

Status
    1) Daveotto
    2) mjcourtney
    3) 97catalunya - *Brentwood*
    4) SJW
    6)
    7)

6th Gear

Status
    Awe that's a shame, would have been good to have your photography skills there.
    Nice of you to say I'm still recovering from a wedding at the weekend lol.

4th Gear

Status
    8th sept

1) Daveotto
    2) mjcourtney
    3) 97catalunya - *Brentwood*
    4) SJW
    6)
    7)
    Sorry I am going to have to defer on this for a few weeks, son's football fixtures have just come through and first two weeks, 8th and 15th September are away games so not sure on kick off times and hence availability for a Sunday afternoon meet.

Will try to come up with a new date in next week or two, and would be good to add a few more potential attendees

For those interested and able me and A3Sportack'ark are meeting over at a golf club at heathrow on Sunday morning after collecting our cars, pm either of us if you would like the details.