Advanced key question

Lewis0714

Reaction score
Hi all.
From what I understand, if you spec the advanced key on the A3 this will include the engine start button on the centre console. I was nosing at an S-Line model in my work car park the other day and noticed that it had the small button on the exterior door handles used to lock the car, but upon looking into the interior there was no engine start button!
Are all exterior door handles fitted with the technology as standard but not necessarily activated or something? Slightly confused?

Thanks

From what I have seen I think it is a standard moulding they use for the door handles ;)

That's right.

The door handles shape is the same with and without advanced key.

There is no button to press on the handle, it's simply the hand contact (with advanced key in pocket) which activates the locking mechanism.

Hope this helps!

What type of key do you get as standard? Is it a "proper" key or is it like the A4 where you just pop it in the dash and press?

It's a "proper" key:

Key

Thanks, Just ordered one and wondered what key you get...... currently got a focus hire car and the keyless system is fancy but didn't spec it on the A3

I know it's of little difference to you now, but even when you get the Advanced Key it still looks and works exactly like a regular one if you want it to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fragup