AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: S3 Build/Delivery Dates

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by solaris View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Audi cant cope with supply and demand in this day and age. I'd like to think they are protecting the value of their cars, what do you think?
    If they increased production too much then quality may reduce. Also I'm sure their factory works 24hr and these are popular cars.
    S3 Sportback

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    The production week of my S3 SB has changed from week 41 tot 40!
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

1st Gear

Status
    Just ordered mine this morning
    Gone for a stealthy panthom black, black styling pack and titanium alloys.
    Also chosen the LED lights which I'm hoping will really set the car off.
    Provisional delivery in December, just in time for the snow!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pat15312 View Post
    Just ordered mine this morning
    Gone for a stealthy panthom black, black styling pack and titanium alloys.
    Also chosen the LED lights which I'm hoping will really set the car off.
    Provisional delivery in December, just in time for the snow!

You not going for privacy glass too - for total stealth
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    You not going for privacy glass too - for total stealth
    Yeh sorry, privacy glass too! The only options I didn't go for are the lane and side assist.
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pat15312 View Post
    Yeh sorry, privacy glass too! The only options I didn't go for are the lane and side assist.

Just one thing you may want to check ...

I think there is an 'option' to have extended leather / contrasting stitching (to match the seats) on the arms of the doors and this effect looks really good IMO (have it in the TTS). It could be a couple of hundred quid but well worth having and increases the luxury feel of the interior - you may want to consider this too if you have not already included.

I thought this was standard, but on the on line configurator it appears to be an extra ?
    Not sure if it extends the leather and contrasting stitching to the centre console too.

Good spec by the way and good to see you have specced the super sports seats - even more black

EDIT ...

£295 and defo an extra:

"extended mono.pur interior finish" and does provide leather and stitching to arm rests and centre console knee pads.

(otherwise you may just get plastic in those areas)

100% recommend this !!!
    Last edited by Snake Pliskin; 6th August 2013 at 16:51.

1st Gear

Status
    Just one thing you may want to check ...

I think there is an 'option' to have extended leather / contrasting stitching (to match the seats) on the arms of the doors and this effect looks really good IMO (have it in the TTS). It could be a couple of hundred quid but well worth having and increases the luxury feel of the interior - you may want to consider this too if you have not already included. I thought this was standard, but on the on line configurator it appears to be an extra? Not sure if it extends the leather and contrasting stitching to the centre console too. Good spec by the way and good to see you have specced the super sports seats - even more black

EDIT ...
    £295 and defo an extra:
    "extended mono.pur interior finish" and does provide leather and stitching to arm rests and centre console knee pads.
    100% recommend this !!!
    Yeh have added the mono.pur interior option, certainly looks to be worth the £295. I think the Super Sports seats are an absolute must for this car, look really cool. Thanks for the heads up btw
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

1st Gear

Status
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had the previous S3 in Phantom black priv glass etc looked great clean - Gone Misano red this time and thinking of doing a spec change due to the black pack being released.
    Last edited by JBMNIC; 8th August 2013 at 12:55.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMNIC View Post
    I had the previous S3 in Phantom black priv glass etc looked great clean - Gone Misano red this time and thinking of doing a spec change due to the black pack being released.

Misano Red combined with black pack, privacy glass and pano roof would look superb IMO.
    Perfect contrast of red and black.

Neutral

Status
    Misano Red combined with black pack, privacy glass and pano roof would look superb IMO.
    +1

Theres an s5 for sale on audi website with same colour combo black/red looks sick

1st Gear

Status
    My s3 has arrived! Been to see it and she's gorgeous! 6 days and counting!

4th Gear

Status
    I so very nearly went for misano but estoril 'just' pipped it to the post.

Saying that, I do keep having wobbles wondering whether to change the order to misano.

It is such a fantastic pearl red and against tinted windows and black glass roof it looks stunning !

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylock View Post
    My s3 has arrived! Been to see it and she's gorgeous! 6 days and counting!

any pictures ?

be great to see some please.

1st Gear

Status
    No pics as yet cause it still had all the protective sheets on.

Ill take lots when I get it

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylock View Post
    No pics as yet cause it still had all the protective sheets on.

Ill take lots when I get it

What was your spec again then - was it 3 door, estoril blue and pano roof ?

Could be the first estoril if so and look forward to some shots of that for sure.

1st Gear

Status
    That's it, I haven't got the pano anymore though. I had to cut down the monthly a little.

I was very happy with the estoril when I saw it in the flesh, even if most of it was still covered up. It had only been at dealers for 2 hours

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked666 View Post
    If they increased production too much then quality may reduce. Also I'm sure their factory works 24hr and these are popular cars.
    Manufacturers have processes and controls to maintain quality if production is escalated above Plan. The car manufacturing industry typically operate in a Lean environment and utilise a Pull system to meet demand. Quality does not get detrimentally impacted where those controls are in place. I'm a Factory Manger BTW
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    I'm a Production Manager - that statement is utter nonsense! Manufacturers have processes and controls to maintain quality if production is escalated above Plan. The car manufacturing industry typically operate in a Lean environment and utilise a Pull system to meet demand. Quality does not get detrimentally impacted where those controls are in place.
    Sorry but fundamentally disagree nearly all supply issues that arise when production increases are directly related to the actual increase in volume and the inadequacy of quality systems in place to ensure quality is maintained, either in the factory or within the supply base.

Happy to discuss via PM rather than bore the whole forum with a debate on lean manufacture and robust product supply.

FYI - background in engineering and accountable for the manufacture of billions of high quality plastic parts per annum and lean sigma trained to green belt standard.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Reverse Gear

Status
    From what my dealer told me, this is actually typical for Audi. They allow the waiting lists to grow, in order to ensure that the factory can run at peak capacity for much longer.

The alternative would be to build a bigger factory, but have it underperform once the initial demand has been met, which would be more costly in the long run.
    Daveotto likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RJMahieu View Post
    From what my dealer told me, this is actually typical for Audi. They allow the waiting lists to grow, in order to ensure that the factory can run at peak capacity for much longer.

The alternative would be to build a bigger factory, but have it underperform once the initial demand has been met, which would be more costly in the long run.
    yep..one of the fundamentals of supply and demand for a premium brand in any industry
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    yep..one of the fundamentals of supply and demand for a premium brand in any industry
    What delivery teams are being quotes from time of ordering? I've heard December 2013 and feb 2014?

1st Gear

Status
    206146887-w988.jpg
    Snake Pliskin likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    Manufacturers have processes and controls to maintain quality if production is escalated above Plan. The car manufacturing industry typically operate in a Lean environment and utilise a Pull system to meet demand. Quality does not get detrimentally impacted where those controls are in place. I'm a Factory Manger BTW
    Depends on the product I imagine. Something simple may not require as much QC as a car. Think the explanation that Audi would rather all factories operate as their optimum over the life of the model makes more sense else they will have all this infrastructure going idle when demand reduces.

Bottom line - unfortunately there is a wait for new audi's...but its worth it.
    S3 Sportback

Reverse Gear

Status
    Still sitting on the fence on the black pack, I like the crome detail contrast too. Priv glass already on my order

2nd Gear

Status
    Still sitting on the fence on the black pack, I like the crome detail contrast too. Priv glass already on my order
    just posted photos of Misano red s line with chrome trim I saw this morning when ordering and I think the chrome picks up the silver of the alloys and ties it in. Although i like it the only time I would have the black styling pack personally is if I had black paint or titanium colour alloys so all blends together with dark 'black edition' type looks which is cool.
    Just had 2 black cars so wanted a change and went for Misano red

Thread with photos
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...hat-i-saw.html
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    just posted photos of Misano red s line with chrome trim I saw this morning when ordering and I think the chrome picks up the silver of the alloys and ties it in. Although i like it the only time I would have the black styling pack personally is if I had black paint or titanium colour alloys so all blends together with dark 'black edition' type looks which is cool.
    Just had 2 black cars so wanted a change and went for Misano red

Thread with photos
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...hat-i-saw.html
    Yeah I agree about the black grill - I'm keeping the S3 grill I think it'll look the biz! I bet the S3 black edition will be cool when released

Reverse Gear

Status
    Im sure most of you have seen similar pictures but here are some more - I can't wait for it to arrive!

Misano Red Audi S3
    Fragup likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Im sure most of you have seen similar pictures but here some more

Misano Red Audi S3
    yes thanks, have seen them before and they look the dogs plums
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

1st Gear

Status
    I so very nearly went for misano but estoril 'just' pipped it to the post.

Saying that, I do keep having wobbles wondering whether to change the order to misano.

It is such a fantastic pearl red and against tinted windows and black glass roof it looks stunning !
    206113066-w988.jpg 206113085-w988.jpg 206113063-w988.jpg 20130419-210709.jpg 20130419-210524.jpg 20130406_163759.jpg

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nice pics bjorngra! Happy with my colour choice! And I think these show why.

2nd Gear

Status
    I have gone for Misano red S line and saw one today that looked amazing, but think on an s3 Estorial is as good, but is a bit more special as you will prob never see an estorial a3 S line ( not sure if poss as special order paint on an a3 But even if is will be rare)
    either way a good problem to have as both great !

4th Gear

Status
    Good point regarding the quality of the Merc. I test drove the engineered by AMG a few weeks ago and on the short 20 minute test drive I noticed 3 rattles coming from different parts of the car!
    Snake Pliskin likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    I have gone for Misano red S line and saw one today that looked amazing, but think on an s3 Estorial is as good, but is a bit more special as you will prob never see an estorial a3 S line ( not sure if poss as special order paint on an a3 But even if is will be rare)
    either way a good problem to have as both great !
    I looked at the Estorial blue when I ordered as they had a SQ5 in, but was not taken by it myself I was hoping for it to be like a Spint blue.

4th Gear

Status
    I used to seriously like sprint blue, but with the introduction of sepang and estoril, I think sprint is starting to look a bit dated now and the newer colours look more modern.

Different audi blue's - light to dark

Sprint
    Sepang
    Estoril

JBMNIC likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nice job on the blue order, but I was hoping the Estorial blue would be more vibrant and when I seen it in the flesh, it just didnt appeal to me personally.

4th Gear

Status
    Estoril comes alive in the sun though .....

Battlekrapz likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah, I see what your saying and perhaps the show room didnt give it its best light! But I'll stick with Misano red although was tempted with Monsoon grey after viewing these:

Audi S3 Sportback 8V - 2013 (MY2014) - Video 2 - YouTube
    Audi S3 Sportback 8V - 2013 (MY2014) - Video 1 - YouTube

Went to see a A4 Black Edition in it and it's more silver than grey.

Neutral

Status
    I spoke to my dealer salesman this morning and he still has no build date for me. He says the order has 'yet to be accepted' and until that happens, I won't get a date. Annoying since I placed my order on 26 June and I know others on here placed their orders later and have build dates. I know its all down to dealer allocations etc but it doesn't help.
    Current car: A5 3.0 TDi Sportback
    Ordered 31 May 2014: S3 Sportback S-Tronic in Sepang Blue
    Current Build Week: 29 (14 July)
    Delivery: 18th August

4th Gear

Status
    Gotta say that looks a great colour too seeing in those vids ... great choice

You notice in video 1 though, the S3 passes an S7 which looks like its in estoril blue ... looks good

Misano red is superb though no doubt about that !
    Last edited by Snake Pliskin; 12th August 2013 at 14:00.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast