Build dates - things might be getting better

Daveotto

Staff member
Reaction score
Just seen the latest european car sales figures for June and with the exception of the Uk sales have dropped significantly in the last month or so over the whole of europe, which might explain why we are all now starting to see, in a lot of cases, much earlier build weeks and delivery dates compared to a month or so ago.

BBC News - European car sales fell 5.6% in June

"Among luxury carmakers, Mercedes sales bucked the market decline again with a 2% monthly gain. BMW fell 7.7%, and VW's Audi dropped 8.9%"
"The UK was the only major car market to expand, with sales up 13.4% in June and 10% for the six months"

"Between January and June, sales in Germany fell 8.1% from a year earlier and in France they were down 11.2%. Spanish sales fell 4.9%, while Italy suffered a 10.3% decline"

Agreed, you could well be right!

The UK always demand high spec cars from VW / Audi in comparison to what they sell in other European countries (our SE A3 for example is spec'd well above the minimum you can get in the rest of Europe). So as well as bucking the trend for declining car sales we are also buying the high price models and optional extras from the manufacturers. I think as a country we are propping up the EU automotive industry a fair bit at the moment!

Yep I ordered last week of May with an ETA of September 25th but have just found out car is built and already shipping its way to Australia now. New delivery date expected to be 24th of August. Could not be happier really - hope everyone waiting gets similar great news.
A3 rocks - cant wait to take ownership!

Agreed, you could well be right!

The UK always demand high spec cars from VW / Audi in comparison to what they sell in other European countries (our SE A3 for example is spec'd well above the minimum you can get in the rest of Europe). So as well as bucking the trend for declining car sales we are also buying the high price models and optional extras from the manufacturers. I think as a country we are propping up the EU automotive industry a fair bit at the moment!

Ducking the potential political firestorm - but maybe the UK is after all in a better positon to come out of the global down turn compared to the majority of our european neighbours

In my experience, since ordering in march, started at build week 32, still build week 32!...... Must be exception to the rule.

In my experience, since ordering in march, started at build week 32, still build week 32!...... Must be exception to the rule.

Mark, certainly not the exception to the rule tag you want to be labelled with ,but thanks for taking one for the team!!!

I'm ever hopeful of doing a "mark wiggy" where he didnt even get a build date, just a somewhat casual call from the dealer saying "oh it's ready for you to pick up"

Haha about taking one for the team!!!.....If only I could get access to all the smilies on my iPad..........

Reactions: Daveotto