Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

How long will the car take once the build date starts to get to me?

Originally I had a build date of start of July. I called up my salesman and said that If I booked a short break down south (where part of the point of it was to give it a good run- but don't tell the girlfriend that!!) on the 4th of September, is it a good bet that I will have it by then. He said he can guarenteed nothing but would say I'm safe. I said I would hold nothing against him if I did change. Well I booked it. And what do you know, the very next day I get a call from him saying my build date has changed to week 31 (29th July). He said that I am down as priority for taking delivery on the 1st of September and following days if it arrives due to my booking.

Based on everybody's experience, do you think it is likely to arrive before or on the 4th of September with a build week of week 31?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    That would be 3 weeks from the end of the build week to delivery. It's certainly possible, but 4 weeks is officially the time they state. Personally I think you'd be fine, provided the dealer is quick in collecting it from the port and doing the PDI.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

2nd Gear

Status
    4 weeks from start of build week is typical so you should be fine unless customs hold it up.

6th Gear

Status
    More than possible. Mine was two months from initial order to being at the dealer!
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    That would be 3 weeks from the end of the build week to delivery. It's certainly possible, but 4 weeks is officially the time they state. Personally I think you'd be fine, provided the dealer is quick in collecting it from the port and doing the PDI.
    As I understand it, dealers are not allowed to collect a car from the port. They have to wait for it to be delivered by the delivery company. Quite often this only takes a few days from the time it is driven off then ship.

As stated by others the normal period between the build date and it arriving at the dealers is 3-4 weeks. Ships leave Emden in Northern Germany with Audi cars for the UK almost every day.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    4 weeks is about right, but the delay will be in final inspection at factory, boat to the port in the uk, car transporter to dealership then PDI so you can see the date sliding, but the sales person should keep you up to date as they are informed of all movement. I have been with my last 2 Audi's

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

4th Gear

Status
    My build week was first week of July and was a small possibility I could have got my car by end July before hols, but as it was going to be tight, opted to take it on 1st September.

so in your case build at end of July will also be tight for 1st September collection. Suggest you push for a courtesy car if you car is not ready because of the booked holiday based on dealer recommendation.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Neutral

Status
    Well just got the build week confirmed! And hopefully you are all right!

4th Gear

Status
    see my recent post....mine would have been 3 weeks from build week to collection had I decided to take it ASAP
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.