Soon to be a Sportback sport owner, descision and advice before I commit!

Schizophonic

Reaction score
Been looking to upgrade my CTR for something a bit more elegant and more practical.

Found a fleet 1.4 (122BHP) Sportbacksport with a few extras like comfort pack and cobra tracking.

Before I put a deposit down and pay in cash what should I look out for? I've been umming and arrhhging between a diesel or a petrol for the last couple weeks and for my town journeys and small long distance driving a petrol is more suitable for me. I'm on a budget so the bigger engines like the 1.6 or 2.0 are a no in my book. I would like the new 1.4TFSI but finding a used fleet car are hard to come by.

Is there anything I can use to barter to get or a discount for this car. This is the first time I've brought a new car and don't know how much I can push to get a discount or a freebie thrown in. Suggestions.

Thanks

Hey Schizo - at the end of the day they want to have your money so you can get some great bargains if you are willing to walk away from the table unless they play. I saved about 12% on my 1.8 TFSI I ordered in March. Took it for a few test drives and after a couple of weeks of asking questions I sat down with them and told them I was not paying on road costs or dealer delivery and gave them my final price and let them know I was quite happy to leave. They gave me exactly what I asked for and I saved over 7K.
Remember - you hold all the power!
Best of luck mate.

I've just ordered a SLine Sportback 1.4COD and managed to get £1.5K off with free AutoGlym kit and LifeShine thrown in. I didn't really know how far to push them as this is my first Audi. I was happy with the saving so ordered.