Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Build Date Confirmed

Hi Guys,

I've had my build date confirmed as 22nd July 2013 (week 30).

From experience of your orders how long does it take from build to actually getting the car? Not that I'm impatient, that was a lie I am!!

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Usually arrives in the country a couple of weeks from when it leaves the factory (can be quicker if you're lucky!). Dealers collect from British ports within a week.

They say officially allow 4 weeks from build to dealer, but you should have it sooner if things go well
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    same build week as me mate. the day is drawing ever closer for us. cant wait now. just need to sort my personal reg out. £105 to put it on retention!!!!! Gutting

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Usually arrives in the country a couple of weeks from when it leaves the factory (can be quicker if you're lucky!). Dealers collect from British ports within a week.

They say officially allow 4 weeks from build to dealer, but you should have it sooner if things go well
    splendid news, thanks mj

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jackintheb0x View Post
    same build week as me mate. the day is drawing ever closer for us. cant wait now. just need to sort my personal reg out. £105 to put it on retention!!!!! Gutting
    It'll be worth it when the car arrives! Hopefully not too long for us!!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNorthernBoy View Post
    It'll be worth it when the car arrives! Hopefully not too long for us!!
    Bet you two boys are excited, you are both just ahead of me, build week 32 for me. Are you waiting for the 63 plate, or are you just toooo excited and want it as soon as possible?
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Smythy On Twitter Add Smythy on Facebook Visit Smythy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Bet you two boys are excited, you are both just ahead of me, build week 32 for me. Are you waiting for the 63 plate, or are you just toooo excited and want it as soon as possible?
    Whats the 63 Plate comment about? Is it just a UK thing?
    MY14 Audi A3 1.8TFSi Sportback Manual S-Line Daytona with SSP1 Wheels, Technik Package, Comfort Package and Assistance Package.

6th Gear

Status
    Yep, new '63' plates come out on Sept 1st here, of the format 'AB63 CDE'
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Audi A3 1.8 TFSI

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Smythys View Post
    Whats the 63 Plate comment about? Is it just a UK thing?
    i was just thinking the same thing - mine ordered in March and expected in September and I think it will be the 2014 edition of the 1.8 TFSI.

Reverse Gear

Status
    In England we have codes on our plates which shows when the car is first registered on the road. So from 1st March 2013 - 31st August 2013, we have XX13 XXX plates as standard (Letters replace X). Then from 1st September 2013 - 28th February 2014, the plates look like XX63 XXX. Then it moves up to 14/64, 15/65 etc...

It helps slightly when selling the car, as a 63 is newer than a 13 so it's worth a bit more. So when someone says they're waiting for a 63 plate, it just means they're waiting until september to pick up the car...

Hope that makes sense!
    Old Car - BMW 330i Msport E92

On Order - A3 1.8TFSI S Tronic Sport - Scuba Blue - Comfort Pack - Interior Light Pack - Technology Pack - Xenon Pack - Kinetic Alloys - Advanced Key - B&O - Heated Seats - Milano Leather - Privacy Glass - Reversing Camera - DAB - Tyre Pressure Monitor

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Mark,

I've advised I want mine as soon as possible, my current car goes back this week so I'm having to hire/borrow cars until the new Audi arrives. I left it too late with my order not realising the popularity of the Audi A3 Sportback so I'm not really bothered if it's on a new plate or not, I just want the car!!

Can't wait!!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNorthernBoy View Post
    Hi Mark,

I've advised I want mine as soon as possible, my current car goes back this week so I'm having to hire/borrow cars until the new Audi arrives. I left it too late with my order not realising the popularity of the Audi A3 Sportback so I'm not really bothered if it's on a new plate or not, I just want the car!!

Can't wait!!
    good call for you, especially if you won't have a car! I will have had a 5 month wait from order time when I eventually get mine. When did you order your car?
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Reverse Gear

Status
    good call for you, especially if you won't have a car! I will have had a 5 month wait from order time when I eventually get mine. When did you order your car?
    I ordered the middle of May and was originally advised Oct, when I ordered I emphasised it was urgent, I've been keeping in touch with Audi Customer Services and was provisionally given a build date of week 36 but it kept coming down and down when I was ringing for updates every couple of weeks, finally confirmed 22nd July (week 30) which I was chuffed about.

6th Gear

Status
    Haven't checked on my build date in a while... perhaps I should nag my dealer again for an update
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack