Only 1 month old...

Blurk

Reaction score
The wait was finally over. Four months that never seemed to end. What a beauty she was, and what a joy to drive. The only thing he needed to get used to was the jog dial for the MMI. After a month he still needed to look down and think hard which way to turn that stupid knob. Then the road curved to the right. He didn't...

MMI: designed in Germany

edit: don't forget to click the link...

Last edited:
I sat in a left-hand drive version of the new A3 Saloon this afternoon. I am right-handed and using the dial with my right hand and sitting on the left everything seem that bit more logical. The salesman was saying he is left-handed and finds it no problem.

My wife finds the same problem with her A1. When she turn the dial in her car it seem to turn the wrong way, but if she sits in the passenger seat it all seem much better.

In my Nissan there's a setting to change which way the dial operates... amazed there isn't one here tbh.

The menus have a curved edge. If you think of the MMI knob as rotating around the curve rather than moving up and down a list then it all makes a lot more sense.

Yup, I know that, but it's a shame you can't change where that appears as well - left or right

Can't say it's ever been an issue for me. As said above, the dial rotates around a circular menu with a cursor or bullet to indicate the selected option. If it was the other way around, it wouldn't make sense.

Pretty gutted for the guy in the photos. I'd be kicking myself though and probably wouldn't mention anything to do with the MMI!

Why did he get out the drivers side, the wet side!!
Now it needs a new door some people don't think, company car maybe?

Why did he get out the drivers side, the wet side!!
Now it needs a new door some people don't think, company car maybe?

I wondered the same thing...maybe he jumped out before hitting the ditch!!!

I sat in a left-hand drive version of the new A3 Saloon this afternoon. I am right-handed and using the dial with my right hand and sitting on the left everything seem that bit more logical. The salesman was saying he is left-handed and finds it no problem.

My wife finds the same problem with her A1. When she turn the dial in her car it seem to turn the wrong way, but if she sits in the passenger seat it all seem much better.

I'm left handed and have not had an issue using the dial in both my current A3 and A4, previously.

The comments about the curved edge for the menu options is good, follow the curve and it should help!

The first drives in the car it caught me out, but now i'm completely used to it. So much so that I find myself turning other dials the wrong way around the house! Doh!!