Now Ordered!

smk82

Reaction score
Bit the bullet and now ordered! Following specification..

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
Shiraz Red Metallic
Heated Seats
Comfort Pack
Folding Mirrors
Privacy glass
Panoramic Sunroof
Interior Light Pack
Hill Hold Assist
Deletion of Model and Engine Badges
Audi Sound System:music: (was thinking about this for a bit, and after looking at some figures and listening to it vs the stock system worked out at ~£4 per month extra, so thought sod it I want!)

Looking at week 46 build :notme:unfortunately, but that's just after they checked the system today, so may change. Decent deal and good helpful salesman too. Only thing I can't decide on is whether to stay with the standard "sport" suspension, or switch to the S-line. Tried the S-line today, and coming from an Audi TT, it didn't seem too bad. Whats the consensus on here?

Forgot to mention - deal was ~7.5% off list, so pretty happy with that...

Last edited:
Congratulations smk on you order, looks a great spec. Havn't seen a Shiraz red ordered for a while, but it looks a great colour.

There have been many threads discussing the choice of suspension..... Everyone has their own opinion, and no matter what option people go for, there is no wrong answer!

I know. It did feel like the car was better in the corners, and despite deliberately taking a rough road (I'd specifically asked for that), it wasn't too bad.. no very stomach turning drop even after going over potholes/recessed drains. Whether I go for it or not needs some more thought though. Is the delay with S-Line setups still occurring as mentioned in some other threads?

From what I've seen there's only two other people on here who ordered that colour (7PastShilton and Creep according to the picture thread)Looking around the dealerships lot today, there wasn't a single red car on there (apart from the misano red in the show room), so I will be feeling pretty special when I pick it up!

Last edited:
On a related note, what do people think of purchasing an extended warranty when you pick up the car? I've seen plenty of threads about people doing so when there std warranty runs out, but not many about the ones straight from day one? I ask as the prices seem fairly reasonable compared to what audi charge to extend their warranty when the std one expires?

If you're keeping it out of warranty, buy at time of purchase. You'll never get the same cover at a better price.