Volks AutosJMB Retrofits

Thread: Now Ordered!

1st Gear

Status

Now Ordered!

Bit the bullet and now ordered! Following specification..

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Shiraz Red Metallic
    Heated Seats
    Comfort Pack
    Folding Mirrors
    Privacy glass
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Interior Light Pack
    Hill Hold Assist
    Deletion of Model and Engine Badges
    Audi Sound System (was thinking about this for a bit, and after looking at some figures and listening to it vs the stock system worked out at ~£4 per month extra, so thought sod it I want!)

Looking at week 46 build unfortunately, but that's just after they checked the system today, so may change. Decent deal and good helpful salesman too. Only thing I can't decide on is whether to stay with the standard "sport" suspension, or switch to the S-line. Tried the S-line today, and coming from an Audi TT, it didn't seem too bad. Whats the consensus on here?

Forgot to mention - deal was ~7.5% off list, so pretty happy with that...
    Last edited by smk82; 7th July 2013 at 10:32.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Congratulations smk on you order, looks a great spec. Havn't seen a Shiraz red ordered for a while, but it looks a great colour.

There have been many threads discussing the choice of suspension..... Everyone has their own opinion, and no matter what option people go for, there is no wrong answer!
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

1st Gear

Status
    I know. It did feel like the car was better in the corners, and despite deliberately taking a rough road (I'd specifically asked for that), it wasn't too bad.. no very stomach turning drop even after going over potholes/recessed drains. Whether I go for it or not needs some more thought though. Is the delay with S-Line setups still occurring as mentioned in some other threads?

From what I've seen there's only two other people on here who ordered that colour (7PastShilton and Creep according to the picture thread)Looking around the dealerships lot today, there wasn't a single red car on there (apart from the misano red in the show room), so I will be feeling pretty special when I pick it up!
    Last edited by smk82; 6th July 2013 at 13:47.

1st Gear

Status
    On a related note, what do people think of purchasing an extended warranty when you pick up the car? I've seen plenty of threads about people doing so when there std warranty runs out, but not many about the ones straight from day one? I ask as the prices seem fairly reasonable compared to what audi charge to extend their warranty when the std one expires?

3rd Gear

Status
    If you're keeping it out of warranty, buy at time of purchase. You'll never get the same cover at a better price.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro