Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vertigo1
  • 1 Post By cemerson

Thread: VED Band (Tax Disc) - A3 Sportback

1st Gear

Status

Question VED Band (Tax Disc) - A3 Sportback

Hi all,

When I was ordering the sportback I noticed that the CO2 emission was different for the sport version in the brochure (the back page and the price list near the front).

I just want to know for the ones who have just got their new cars (MY14 version) whatis the actual VED band/CO2 emission on the tax disc/V5C log book?

Band C (120g/km) or band D (123g/km)?

Thanks
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    The latest brochure says 120g/km for the 1.4TFSI (non-COD). I can't see any mention of 123g/km, nor will it differ depending on the trim level.

EDIT: Ah, the 120g/km is for the 3-door, the Sportback is 123g/km so it's the latter figure that applies to you.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    If you look at page 30 this is what is shows for the A3 Sportback Sport

1.4 TFSI 122PS 6-speed manual 120 £17,004.17 £20,405.00 £21,050.00
    Same for the S Line, but for the SE states 123
    Then on page 86 it states 123g/km.
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

6th Gear

Status
    I think it's a misprint to be honest - the data pages from 82 onwards show the figures for each engine type and model (3-door or Sportback). To my knowledge the CO2 rating never changes between trim levels of the same model.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    I think it's a misprint to be honest - the data pages from 82 onwards show the figures for each engine type and model (3-door or Sportback). To my knowledge the CO2 rating never changes between trim levels of the same model.
    Just looking through the new brochure July 2013 and it now has the correct figure of 123g/km.

Guess it was a misprint. Oh well, thought I would only have to pay £30 each year.
    On order (June 2013):

6th Gear

Status
    TBH, unless you're in one of the ridiculous £400 bands, I don't really understand why people get so hung up on the cost of road tax or VED to give it its proper name.

Nothing personal here of course, it just seems to me that the cost of the tax disc really doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of what it costs to run a car for a year.
    hittchy likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    You do notice it more though when you have to pay a big lump sum at once... not going to complain about £20 a year though for mine
    SJW likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    I guess. Maybe I'm just out of touch, not having paid for road tax for 17 years :D