• 2 Post By markjames
  • 1 Post By A3sportbackMark
  • 3 Post By markjames

Thread: MarkJames's Countdown begins - 30 days

Neutral

Status

MarkJames's Countdown begins - 30 days

Hi all,

have been looking forward to starting my countdown - call from dealer to confirm that I can collect my A3 on the 28th-30th July give or take a few day, so 30 days left! In usual fashion I am waiting for Sandra's encouragement to get me through this next month (p.s. for any song suggestions I am a diehard hiphop fan!)

3dr S-Line 1.6 TDI S-stronic, Glacier white with privacy glass, comfort package and Audi sound system.

Mark
    Sandra likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Hi Mark, think we will start you off with a little trance music. This is one of my favourites. Enjoy. x

Armin Van Buuren - Coming Home - YouTube
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Neutral

Status
    I like!

4th Gear

Status
    Nice one mark, what flavour is your Audi, and what options to you have?
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Nice one mark, what flavour is your Audi, and what options to you have?
    Hi Mark,

here's what I ordered:

3dr S-Line 1.6 TDI S-stronic, Glacier white with privacy glass, comfort package and Audi sound system.

they told me there was a big delay on automatics at the moment, ordered 1st feb, can't wait now! Not seen many glacier 3drs with privacy glass, I think people think its a bit drug dealerish but I love it :D

1st Gear

Status
    I've had a few drug dealer comments from work colleagues! Said it might stop chavy kids scratching it ha ha!
    I am now the very very proud owner of an A3 Sportback S-line 2.0 TDI Glacier white - panoramic sunroof and privacy glass!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markjames View Post
    Hi Mark,

here's what I ordered:

they told me there was a big delay on automatics at the moment, ordered 1st feb, can't wait now! Not seen many glacier 3drs with privacy glass, I think people think its a bit drug dealerish but I love it :D
    haha...yes I have heard that too, Ruthus put a pic up upon delivery, it did look stunning.
    Ruthus_1 likes this.
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthus_1 View Post
    I've had a few drug dealer comments from work colleagues! Said it might stop chavy kids scratching it ha ha!
    Can but hope Ruthus! Terrified of people damaging it... fortunately as I have a blue badge, I get the big parking bays to keep other people's mits from denting my doors...

Has anyone had any experience here of requesting a discount because of such a long wait? As my delivery date was 15th May, I was debating asking for either the soundsystem upgrade free, or atleast a full tank of fuel. unfortunately I am a push over and terrible at negotiations... do you think I am in the right to do so?

1st Gear

Status
    I got 3/4 of a tank of fuel any way when I picked mine up!
    I am now the very very proud owner of an A3 Sportback S-line 2.0 TDI Glacier white - panoramic sunroof and privacy glass!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

Neutral

Status
    Update from Dealer to say that car is early, awaiting shipping and will be a maximum of 2 weeks!
    Sandra and SportbackStu like this.

Status
    ​Wow Mark, better get myself organised with your music. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

Neutral

Status
    Yesterday, my dealer told me I could collect it next Wednesday AM, and that it was enroute to the dealership on Friday. So very excited, I had put it to the back of my mind until next week.

However, a friend who works there just messaged me a photo of a newly delivered 1.6TDI auto A3.... think this one is mine! Kind of wish I hadn't seen it, as now the next 5 days are going to feel like a year...

photo.jpg
    Coxy234 and Fragup like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Yesterday, my dealer told me I could collect it next Wednesday AM, and that it was enroute to the dealership on Friday. So very excited, I had put it to the back of my mind until next week.

However, a friend who works there just messaged me a photo of a newly delivered 1.6TDI auto A3.... think this one is mine! Kind of wish I hadn't seen it, as now the next 5 days are going to feel like a year...

photo.jpg
    hi mark, looks like you car! It's definitely an s-line(can see the vent on front bumper side). Hope the next 5 days go quickly for you! Mark
    markjames likes this.

Neutral

Status
    hi mark, looks like you car! It's definitely an s-line(can see the vent on front bumper side). Hope the next 5 days go quickly for you! Mark
    Yeah and has the spec'd privacy glass and cruise control (so I was told) - 100%! very excited now. Il get better photos when I get it.

Neutral

Status
    So, my car has been at Audi for nearly 2 weeks now, being fitted with my hand controls (adaptions). However, the supplier hasn't made hand controls for the new A3 yet, so they are having to source elsewhere! The car is beautiful... frustrated I can't drive it yet lol! Will try post a good photo of it tomorrow.

2nd Gear

Status
    Saw a glacier white 3 door with privacy glass the other day at a dealer (was one of the salesmans I think) looked amazing. Will be worth the wait.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Neutral

Status
    Thank you, I can't wait. The company fitting the controls called me today and in their words "I bet you are itching to get your hands on it, this car is absolutely beautiful". - Audi have excelled themselves with this S-Line design.

Neutral

Status
    Oh - and go for Misano red and get alloys sprayed amphasite!

2nd Gear

Status
    Definitely will have s line c.o.d. 3 door Misano red, pano roof and privacy glass, plus few bit inc audi sound system.sall decided now but iPad won't let me change signature at bottom of post, unless I'm missing something.
    Down side is wont get car till late in year, so compared to me your wait looks really good.
    Very jealous
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

4th Gear

Status
    Thank you, I can't wait. The company fitting the controls called me today and in their words "I bet you are itching to get your hands on it, this car is absolutely beautiful". - Audi have excelled themselves with this S-Line design.
    Haha! I think they are keeping your car for themselves......they are very clever people!!!....lol. Seriously, hope you get it soon.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    iPad won't let me change signature at bottom of post, unless I'm missing something.
    I had this issue with my iPad.
    After logging in, at top of the page, there is a "settings" tab. Then after pressing this, on the LHS, there is a field to edit your signature. Hope this helps.

Status
    Changing your signature on an ipad is just the same as when your on a pc. Any difficulties, just ping me a om of the changes and i will do it. (from my ipad) lol. Mark James good luck with the car collection i hope its soon. Sporty Mark, thats you dwn to around 6weeks now, time has flown in, you may not agree though. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

4th Gear

Status
    Sandra, yes time is flying, still hoping for 1st sept delivery, just praying there are no delays at the port or the dealers, and of course build date slippage!
    "sporty mark" I like that, much easier to say.......as long as you really do mean me, after all, we have been here before! Lol.
    Sandra likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    I had this issue with my iPad.
    After logging in, at top of the page, there is a "settings" tab. Then after pressing this, on the LHS, there is a field to edit your signature. Hope this helps.

thanks, Sorted it just after I posted.

Now I can change it again when I order I a week or so !

and can then i put a vote on colour poll for a Misano red, as needs some help getting up the table !!!

Status
    Sandra, yes time is flying, still hoping for 1st sept delivery, just praying there are no delays at the port or the dealers, and of course build date slippage!
    "sporty mark" I like that, much easier to say.......as long as you really do mean me, after all, we have been here before! Lol.
    Lol, just too many marks. So yes your now Sporty Mark. x
    A3sportbackMark likes this.
    Smaller (Local) Events

Neutral

Status
    Haha! I think they are keeping your car for themselves......they are very clever people!!!....lol. Seriously, hope you get it soon.
    Collect tomorrow morning
    Sandra and Fragup like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Collect tomorrow morning
    Mark, enjoy you day, your wait is almost over.
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Collect tomorrow morning
    Good luck tomorrow, im sure you will be having some trouble sleeping tonight. Enjoy your collection and first drive. We all look forward to pics tomorrow if you have the time and can drag yourself out from behind the wheel to get the camera out. Be safe and enjoy. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Good luck tomorrow, im sure you will be having some trouble sleeping tonight. Enjoy your collection and first drive. We all look forward to pics tomorrow if you have the time and can drag yourself out from behind the wheel to get the camera out. Be safe and enjoy. x
    In love!

image.jpg
    Sandra, Karl Alesbury and Fragup like this.

Status
    [QUOTE=markjames;1929816]In love!

image.jpg[/

QUOTE]

So pleased for you Mark, car is stunning. Thts you now an official member of the 8v "grin club" Enjoy. x
    Smaller (Local) Events