someone hit my side mirror please help

karlabdool

Reaction score
Hi i was driving, all windows up and some idiot hit my side mirror cover (driver - right side), i turned the car around and came back and looked everywhere and couldn't find it,I think either someone picked it up or it flew in the car belonging to the person who hit me.

The good news is the glass is not broken, no clips seem to be broken and all mirror electric folding and functions work.

do you guys know anywhere i can get one?????please help me.....

I just need the cover, not the whole mirror

I didnt go to dealership as yet. That will be last resort.
Thanks so much
karl

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 325
£33 from audi, get from them, will need painting as they come primed, I'm amazed it popped of so easily with no damage to anything else, but kind of lucky tbh.

Look at my sig, how do you think lol.

I duno what the 8V mirrors are like but the 8P mirrors have two screws on the bottom, i'd check to see if theres anything and make sure theres no damage there or u may have difficulty getting the new covers on

I duno what the 8V mirrors are like but the 8P mirrors have two screws on the bottom, i'd check to see if theres anything and make sure theres no damage there or u may have difficulty getting the new covers on

no damage at all, i not seeing this cover online at all ! only covers for the older a3's !
buying a 2013 car sucks when it comes to this

As NHN says, they will need painting, which will cost more than the part.

I don't get you, you ask me to help you, I openly say ok I will get a price on monday from my guys, now you're asking around for part numbers, so what's the point in me spending my free time doing this for you, if you want to get it yourself now, when there's no profit in it for me at all, I'm not wasting my time on this if you're going to mess me about ok, especially when I'm doing you a favour.

Reactions: markwiggy and Quarz
Probably because he's in Trinidad and you're not. Unless you were going to post it for free as part of your favour.....

Did you even think even for a split second, before posting that?

Yep, I re-read the thread, considered my response and posted it...

I don't get you, you ask me to help you, I openly say ok I will get a price on monday from my guys, now you're asking around for part numbers, so what's the point in me spending my free time doing this for you, if you want to get it yourself now, when there's no profit in it for me at all, I'm not wasting my time on this if you're going to mess me about ok, especially when I'm doing you a favour.

hey man i was just looking for the part number (which i sent you in a pm) to make it easier for you at dealership. I appreciate your help and i will pay you extra for your troubles. I am just really upset about the whole incident, the car is just a day old.

I am not trying to waste your time. I appreciate your help very much.

Reactions: NHN
Yep, I re-read the thread, considered my response and posted it...

Obviously, must have been a very long second of considering...............I guess you may have forgot to use another second to consider maybe I'd already thought about the location, that we had already discussed delivery to TT & that myself & he had already been aware of the costs to TT, urmmm, guess not huh.

hey man i was just looking for the part number (which i sent you in a pm) to make it easier for you at dealership. I appreciate your help and i will pay you extra for your troubles. I am just really upset about the whole incident, the car is just a day old.

I am not trying to waste your time. I appreciate your help very much.

How do you think I got the price in the beginning mate, from the parts catalogue, with respect thought that would be obvious I had the part numbers & always confirmed via your vin anyway, hence why I asked for it, just leave it with me.

I haven't asked for anything for my time & I don't expect to be paid for my trouble, just the expense/cost of sorting it out & delivery, no more, no less, hence the word favour.

How do you think I got the price in the beginning mate, from the parts catalogue, with respect thought that would be obvious I had the part numbers & always confirmed via your vin anyway, hence why I asked for it, just leave it with me.

I haven't asked for anything for my time & I don't expect to be paid for my trouble, just the expense/cost of sorting it out & delivery, no more, no less, hence the word favour.

wow i'm truly grateful, you have a free room to stay if you ever decide to vacation in the caribbean.

Reactions: NHN
No worries, I can only find a 100% accurate price then you can decide, the unfortunate thing is courier is more than the part itself lol.