Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By @udi A3
  • 1 Post By karlabdool

Thread: omg tyre pressure/cd eject issue !

1st Gear

Status

omg tyre pressure/cd eject issue !

got my new 8v today, and the front and rear driver side tyres were over pressured ! like 58psi and the max rating on the tyre is 51 psi !! The recommended psi is 32....i was pissed cause i drove it home like this.

Most likely the dealership messed this up, they probably used a compressor with no gauge to inflate that side. The other side was fine. The car should ride better now and hopefully less tyre noise ! the continentals seem very noise, or the sound insulation is a bit poor.

I had another scare with the cd player, when i insert a cd and say i am playing a song, and say i want to eject it instantly it does not eject when i press the eject button! the only way to get it to eject is to shut off the audi mmi totally, listen to when the cd stops spinning and then press eject to remove the cd ! it takes like 1 minute to do this !!!! anybody else having this problem ??????

I tried holding the eject button,holding eject while pressing power all sorts of things !

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds like an issue you should get checked! I didn't realise anyone still used CDs :P
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    i didnt have a sd card as yet so i just dumped some mp3s on a blank and tried it, it plays fine, just the eject issue. I thought it was the blank causing the problem, but when i got it to eject i tried an original and same issue

6th Gear

Status
    Last car i saw with tyres over 50psi was smashed up in a ditch! You got away lucky with that one!

I was secretly hoping your cd was ejecting itself each time you dropped your tyre pressure from the title!!
    hendry10 likes this.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

6th Gear

Status
    Think I'll take a pressure guage with me when I collect...
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by @udi A3 View Post
    Last car i saw with tyres over 50psi was smashed up in a ditch! You got away lucky with that one!

I was secretly hoping your cd was ejecting itself each time you dropped your tyre pressure from the title!!
    sorry man, they are unrelated issues, wasnt feeling like opening a new thread for minor issues like the cd.

6th Gear

Status
    The CD player issue sounds like a fault.

As for the tyres, I'd be demanding new ones from the dealer. If they've been inflated beyond the manufacturer's maximum rating, who knows what damage may have occurred?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

5th Gear

Status
    That's dangerously high PSI. Interestingly round here dealers have been slightly underinflating the tyres on s-lines to soften the ride due to complaints. But we are only talking about a few psi.....

Checked mine as soon as I got it home, but as the dealer wasn't from the area mine were spot on. In your case I'd be demanding new tyres all round, the tyres will have been stressed in ways you can't see.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by karlabdool View Post
    ....and hopefully less tyre noise ! the continentals seem very noise, or the sound insulation is a bit poor.
    Don't bank on it.
    My car has very poor tyre noise, and that's with 17's and SE suspension !
    (Pirelli P7)
    A3 Sportback 8V 1.4 TFSI SE

1st Gear

Status
    The chance of getting new tyres will be very poor to say the least, you will need to know if the gauges were calibrated at the dealers and the place you checked them, I have digital gauges in the A3 and Q5 for this type of reason but also have a compressor at home. You cannot rely on analog gauges for this reason.

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldoug View Post
    The chance of getting new tyres will be very poor to say the least, you will need to know if the gauges were calibrated at the dealers and the place you checked them, I have digital gauges in the A3 and Q5 for this type of reason but also have a compressor at home. You cannot rely on analog gauges for this reason.
    yea man, i have my digital gauge from amazon, works fine.
    dieseldoug likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Cars are transported from the factory with over inflation on purpose, the pressures are adjusted when the PDI is carried out. Whom ever carried out your PDI obviously forgot.

6th Gear

Status
    There's a difference between over inflation according to recommended pressures and over inflation according to maximum pressures set by the manufacturer

Neutral

Status
    Yes indeed there is a difference. There is also a big difference when you check tyre pressures cold and hot. Pisses you off when you spend a lot of money on a car and something simple like tyre pressures are incorrect.