Could have been worse ...

Sonjx

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372369121399750
This is the damage to my A3 after meeting a 16 tonne lorry at a London roundabout. His fault! Think the wheel is bent... will see.
Not happy :(

Gutted. Last 5 miles of a 350mile journey too. Grrr

I know... It's much more complex than it looks I think. Need to make sure it gets to a main dealer. Still negotiating with insurance co. fingers crossed.

I know... It's much more complex than it looks I think. Need to make sure it gets to a main dealer. Still negotiating with insurance co. fingers crossed.

its up to you who repairs it when I had bumper wrecked by a third party they wanted to put my car to a local body shop I insisted the put it to the dealers own vag approved repairer as to keep corrosion warranties intact they were not keen and it took a bit longer to get it done but it was worth it

Reactions: SJW
I feel for you, just make sure you stick out for getting the work done at a VAG approved garage/body shop

Reactions: SJW
Yeah that's a big job as they'll probably end up cutting out most of the panel and welding in a new one. I had a very similar accident in a 3-door 106 years ago and they cut it half way up the c-pillar. I also had to battle with them as they wanted to send it to some random body-shop but I insisted it went to a main Peugeot dealer so it was done properly and didn't risk any warranties. Just tell them that, as it's such a new car, having it repaired anywhere other than an approved Audi bodyshop risks harming warranties and/or devaluing the car in the future.

I had a very similar accident in a 3-door 106 years ago .

Had to do a double take and re-read that post of yours Vertigo. Initially read it that your accident happened 106 years ago. It finally dawned on me 106 was referring to the model of Peugeot. haha :) Not got my coffee fix yet this morning so that is my excuse for being slow on the uptake.

View attachment 17404
This is the damage to my A3 after meeting a 16 tonne lorry at a London roundabout. His fault! Think the wheel is bent... will see.
Not happy :(

I feel for you Sonjx. I would be pretty annoyed about that. At least you are free of injury. Just the inconvenience and hassle of getting it corrected.

I did the same!

What happened exactly? Hope they stopped so you could get their insurance details!

Had to do a double take and re-read that post of yours Vertigo. Initially read it that your accident happened 106 years ago. It finally dawned on me 106 was referring to the model of Peugeot. haha :) Not got my coffee fix yet this morning so that is my excuse for being slow on the uptake.

I did the same lol

Hi, ironically it happened due to another accident having occurred on the roundabout already! Two fire engines, a police car and ambulance were on the scene and the traffic was chaos! The fireman was waving me forward and the lorry coming from the right just didn't see me and hit me from behind! All details exchanged and its not my fault but this is not going to be a straight forward panel replacement! :(

Damn there's some serious 8V envy out there, as I keep reading horror stories like this on 8V's.

Hi, not sure I understand your comment :p... Most important thing is I've got it going into main dealership this week. Hopefully they will do a good job. Do people think it can be straightened out or will they have to cut it out? My poor car :(

I mean I keep hearing of 8V's with damage by other cretin drivers, so can only be envy/deliberate lol.

As for the damage, well tbh probably a rear quarter panel tbh, pics need a slightly zoomed out focus, so we can see the whole panel to be sure, but I would say my initial thought would be the way they will go.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372626898521746
Boo hoo...
The lorry driver genuinely didn't see me, and after getting into his cab to exchange details I could see why!! He's about 3 meters up in the air! I had no chance! First bump in 20years driving! I hope Audi fix it up as new.

I would say rear quarter, although I know some guys that could make that panel look perfectly new with the tools & skills they have, but most bodyshops would probably just cut/shut to save themselves the hassle of shaping the panel again, but approved bodyshops are not always as good as they're supposed to be, I've seen some approved bodyshop results & it was horrific, so inspect the work very well, if they cut the panel, join it across the roof line then make sure there's no signs of the join.

Thanks, its being taken away today :( they think rear quarter replacement. I can't imagine what damage a 16tonne lorry could have done at speed... I wouldn't be posting on this thread that's for sure!
Fingers crossed they do a good job and I get my car back soon.

Get my car back on Monday... Rear quarter panel has been replaced. Big job but apparently there was no damage to the suspension. Phew! ... Any ideas what I should be looking for when I pick it up? Thanks!

So, it's several weeks on and I am still car-less! They have had it back three times due to poor quality workmanship. It's been problem after problem. Anyone else had to deal with bad bodywork repairs from apparently VAG approved centres?

I've seen some shocking bodywork done by an "approved" bodyshop, all the approved part is a fee per year I was advised.

A clients S3 had been repaired by a socalled approved shop in London, the workmanship was shockingly bad & the fact they told me on the phone they QC every car before it goes out, just makes it even worse if they saw this & accepted the quality, even there assessor who came down to check what we found, was shocked it went out there door like that.

Hence my guys redid the work & the original approved bodyshop paid the bill, the redone work was completely factory looking when finished, nothing like the terrible quality work by the socalled approved shop.

Point being is, I'm not at all surprised to hear this.

Thanks for the confirmation! Most annoyingly they have sent it back (against my wishes) to the same garage for the third time!! Outrageous!