MMI confused!

Mark996

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've bought an SD card (SDHC to be exact) for the A3 and after dragging loads of songs straight from my itunes library onto the card (all in .mp3 format to save issues) I've put the card in slot 2....

The MMI has picked up the card no problem but then just started working its way through the list, blanking out the majority of the songs and not playing them - then all of a sudden it kicked in on one of the songs and started playing - however, no album art (yes they all have album art embedded) was displayed - just a list of the songs....

How do you get to the screen where just the current playing song (and its art work) is displayed on the central screen?

Also, i've no idea why it didn;t like the majority of songs and blanked them, as I've been back into my itunes library and compared the songs/files along side each other and they are identical in their make-up.....

Cheers for any help!

Mark.

Hi Mark, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im sure one of the guys will be along to advise you shortly. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Mark996.

I can't think why some of your songs might be working while others aren't, but to get the screen with just the currently playing song you need to select 'reduced display' in settings. Yes I know it sounds counter-intuitive to want a reduced display to see more (album, artist, song title and artwork), but you are reducing the display to just one song, not a list.

It might depend on what format your itunes files are in, (it doesn't technically support lossless), and whether there are any DRM locked files. Mine skips over some itunes files that I've purchased unless I create an 'acc copy' from itunes first.

Thanks mate - that makes sense.....

Any idea how to reduce the size of album artwork within iTunes so that they display on the screen? I've a feeling that although all mine are tagged correctly to the mp3 files, the size of the image is too big.....

iTunes images do tend to be massive, your best bet is to use a program like MP3Tag to re-tag your media. Bit of a ball-ache, but worth it in the long run.

It might also help to understand if you have the Tech Pack or not, from what I've seen of the standard audio set up, you can't search by artist/album on that, and it just gives you long list of files. If you have the Tech Pack and files are being greyed out it's because they're not compatible with the player, or you're referencing files in a playlist that it can't find.

Hi mate, Thanks for that - I thought that it might be the case of having to start agin re album art, however as my iTunes library has 28,000 songs plus, its gonna take years to sort!

No, I don't have the tech pack spec'd, just the standard MMI in mine....

I had the same issue with a friend at work, SD Cards are handled differently to set ups with the Tech Pack, to be honest I found it easier to manage the music on the device, rather than the SD Card on her car. Using the iPod/iPhone allows you navigate through the artists/albums/playlists much easier.