A3sportbackMark's countdown begins

Mark, time for your countdown thread to begin. :) x

Journey-Dont Stop Believing - YouTube

Wow, wasn't expecting a countdown thread so early, thanks sandra......and I won't stop believing that one day I will actually have a delivery day!

2 quality tunes chosen so far to keep me focused (the other sitting on the dock of a bay...love that tune)

Reactions: Sandra
Wow, just realised it's only 2 and a bit months now... time flies! Hoping to eventually share a delivery day with you too :p

Wow, just realised it's only 2 and a bit months now... time flies! Hoping to eventually share a delivery day with you too :p

Ditto for me - hope to get get a firm date in next 2 - 3 weeks but realistically cannot see why it will not be 1st September as it was originaly offered to me for Mid August on the back of a mid July build week -------OMG only 2-3 weeks until the conception of my car

I'm hoping mine'll be ready for 1st September, and I'm now trying to time the selling of my current car!

​Another few countdown threads required i see. :) x

Since I now have my own countdown thread, just thought I'd share my journey with you all from ordering to the present day.
I realise that the majority of people on this forum have been through the same experiences, some at the same stage, and a few of you, this is all to come!

It all started by deciding to buy a new car, but which one?.....half a dozen came to mind, and were discarded, and the final 3 were BMW series 1, VW golf and Audi A3. Didn't like the BMW and it was the interior that persuaded me to opt for the Audi, and not a days regret!

I've never really been in the situation of buying a new car, but I was sure there was a deal to be done. After scouring the Internet, the deals offered up to 8%, all sounded good, but was unaware of their credibility. Negotiated with the local dealership close to the above figure, as I said I really wanted to buy from them.

After the deal was done, I joined this forum (in hindsight, this was the wrong way round) as I found out I wanted the options you guys had! I actually went back twice to add more 3 options....and believe me was tempted by many more!

I tell you, the 1st 2 weeks felt like 10!....looking out for new Audi A3 on the road...the LED DRLs...the misano red, glazier white.....all the Daytona greys you guys were tempting me with......should I change colour? What agony.

Well, after ordering in march, here I am 95 days of waiting for my 63 plate delivery, coincidently, this is now 63 days away, exactly 2/3 of my journey.

I have followed the joy of you guys collecting your cars, and in some very rare cases the agony when things don't go as anticipated, but in the end the Audi grin has always prevailed!

After writing my journey, there are still 63 days of waiting.....thankyou guys/gals for keeping me entertained!!!!

Reactions: SJW, cemerson, coolguy and 1 other person
Thanks for the write up Mark. We are all behind you here, the countdown thread will be awesome and 63 days will fly past. Glad you enjoying the forum. :) x

Since I now have my own countdown thread, just thought I'd share my journey with you all from ordering to the present day.
I realise that the majority of people on this forum have been through the same experiences, some at the same stage, and a few of you, this is all to come!

It all started by deciding to buy a new car, but which one?.....half a dozen came to mind, and were discarded, and the final 3 were BMW series 1, VW golf and Audi A3. Didn't like the BMW and it was the interior that persuaded me to opt for the Audi, and not a days regret!

I've never really been in the situation of buying a new car, but I was sure there was a deal to be done. After scouring the Internet, the deals offered up to 8%, all sounded good, but was unaware of their credibility. Negotiated with the local dealership close to the above figure, as I said I really wanted to buy from them.

After the deal was done, I joined this forum (in hindsight, this was the wrong way round) as I found out I wanted the options you guys had! I actually went back twice to add more 3 options....and believe me was tempted by many more!

I tell you, the 1st 2 weeks felt like 10!....looking out for new Audi A3 on the road...the LED DRLs...the misano red, glazier white.....all the Daytona greys you guys were tempting me with......should I change colour? What agony.

Well, after ordering in march, here I am 95 days of waiting for my 63 plate delivery, coincidently, this is now 63 days away, exactly 2/3 of my journey.

I have followed the joy of you guys collecting your cars, and in some very rare cases the agony when things don't go as anticipated, but in the end the Audi grin has always prevailed!

After writing my journey, there are still 63 days of waiting.....thankyou guys/gals for keeping me entertained!!!!
Hi Mark, I'm feeling the same thing as you mentioned, this 1st week feels like a few weeks has past. Waiting when I will get my new car.
As you said, started with a thought of wanting to change a new car and trying to see which one.

I could not have put it better myself.....sounds exactly like me only exception was that I did join this forum before ordering, just.

Cheers - I've started advertising it now. You can always turn down prospective buyers or tell them of a delay before they can collect. I'm also able to go without a car for a bit as well as I can just nick the girlfriend's.

If you know anybody who wants a 2008 Seat Ibiza, you know where to send 'em! ;)

I was lucky enough to get a bonus from work meaning I can get the new car before I have to sell my old one, though still got to scrape the rest of my deposit together!

Reactions: SJW and Sandra
Thanks Sandra, it's just like me spinning round and round looking for audis on the road!

soon, I will be able to put all my tunes together and produce an album, "Marks Audi Tunes" produced by Sandra. Lol

Glad you liked your tune, i was listening to music on shuffle today, heard this one and thought it was perfect for you. times marching now Mark, wont be long now. Lol, how nice "Marks Audi Tunes" :) x

Here is another tune for you Mark ... Shrek: Donkey - On The Road Again - YouTube.... ON THE ROAD AGAIN (SHREK)

I am still waiting for a confirmed (or so) build date.... Fingers crossed I'll find out tomorrow (eek)

I am also with a few of you about knowing when to sell my own car! it's a total ball game!

Totally new to this forum and loving the moral support :)

Reactions: A3sportbackMark
Here is another tune for you Mark ... Shrek: Donkey - On The Road Again - YouTube.... ON THE ROAD AGAIN (SHREK)

I am still waiting for a confirmed (or so) build date.... Fingers crossed I'll find out tomorrow (eek)

I am also with a few of you about knowing when to sell my own car! it's a total ball game!

Totally new to this forum and loving the moral support :)

Thanks for the tune....haha!

Good luck with your build date, hope it comes soon for you.

Doing a part exchange with dealer is an option, although generally not at a favourable price. I hope to sell privately and spreading the word!

Yes the dealer offered me a part exchange but the price wasn't great. Going by what I see in Auto Trader too I know I could get more for it ... I have it in mint condition!! :)

so Mark How long is left to go for you???

Yes the dealer offered me a part exchange but the price wasn't great. Going by what I see in Auto Trader too I know I could get more for it ... I have it in mint condition!!
yes I did exactly the same, looked at autotrader, and people selling my car were advertising 10 times, yes.....10 times what was being offered by part exchange. I went to 4 garages and all about the same price.

so Mark How long is left to go for you???
mine is being built week 32, 5th Aug, and hope to have it 1st sept, so 6 weeks! It's been a long agonising wait, but within reach now.

10 times as much that is U N R E A L!!!!!!!!! I'll have to start spreading the word just to be sure I have it sold before the big day!! ..I read somewhere on this forum ...getting a new audi is like waiting for a new Baby ... TRUE DAT!!!!!

6 weeks will fly ..... Keep yourself busy busy! I find myself looking at every audi that goes by ....still haven't seen this baby!!

The trade in they tried to offer me was terrible as well, and I've been lucky enough to manage to scrape enough money together to allow me to buy the new car without selling the old one first, which takes a bit of pressure off things.

Hey Guys, the Trade In I have been offered is awful too and I have decided to privately sell instead. Same boat as you though, when do you start selling it? What happens if it isn't sold. I had an answer, I got a Tesco Clubcard Credit Card with 0% on purchases and will pay the amount left by not trading in using this. Once I have sold the car, I pay off the credit card. Simples.

Totally agree with the wait comments, I guess we all wish we were one of the lucky ones who seem to have received their cars despite ordering weeks/months after us. Good on them, for the rest of us...the wait continues. 23rd March to the 1st September...anyone would think it was a Ferrari being handbuilt.

Hey Guys, the Trade In I have been offered is awful too and I have decided to privately sell instead. Same boat as you though, when do you start selling it? What happens if it isn't sold. I had an answer, I got a Tesco Clubcard Credit Card with 0% on purchases and will pay the amount left by not trading in using this. Once I have sold the car, I pay off the credit card. Simples.

Totally agree with the wait comments, I guess we all wish we were one of the lucky ones who seem to have received their cars despite ordering weeks/months after us. Good on them, for the rest of us...the wait continues. 23rd March to the 1st September...anyone would think it was a Ferrari being handbuilt.

Ditto...trade in's I have been offered are taking the P###.

Typically being offered £500 - £1000 less than trade value, and thats before the formal appraisal and the "sucking in air through clenched teeth" and "they are doing me a favour!!!!!!!" spiel. I would rather sell it privately at that price rather than give some spiv an easy 2 - 2.5K on an almost immaculate 3.5 year old car

Dealer is giving me a figure in August once August book figures come out but not optimistic it will be that reasonable so going pvt....anyone want a 3.5 year old A3 1.4TFSI.

btw my wait will be 11th March - 1st September

Last edited:
Just popped into the dealership to get an update on progress. my car was due to be built week 32, and was informed it was built week 29 and should be at the dealers in a couple of weeks! Build weeks are comming forward, even for me. Also checked that my latest option of xenons were present, as I have had this awful feeling that a simple phone call to add them was lost in communication, Phew!!! :laugh:

I will still wait for a 1st Sept delivery, just have to go through the feelings like a lot of you ..... Knowing I could have it earlier.

Reactions: RossR
Got built the same week as mine :) That's 4 weeks earlier than my original build week, although at one point it was going to be 5 weeks early.

Dealer said today that mine will "maybe" be with them in a week. They are only 3 miles from the port though.

I did have a wobble when I thought I might be able to have it this month - which would save me from taxing my old car. I'm waiting for September too though. Only 24 working days to go!

Hi Ross,
Maybe our cars came on the same ferry, although I remember you are from Durham, and I'm in Berkshire. Are the UK ports Tyne, Grimsby and one other?

My current car tax and insurance runs out end of August, so may be perfect timing, although I have a feeling I will have to put 6 months tax on it. I may try and sell it soon and be car-less for a week or two.

I think they also use Sheerness.

I'm going to have to tax my car, but you can get a refund of whole months you haven't used.

My tax (and MOT) are due at the end of Sept... hoping I can get rid of it before then!