A3 COD 1.4tfsi - problems !

I drove a 2.0l diesel saloon on my one and only test drive. It was typically 'diesel like' in its performance, tons of turbo lag below 1600rpm compared to my present car. The front end felt heavy and less 'pointy' than my own car, but that might have been due to electrically assisted steering setup. Plus the diesel noise could be heard from within the car. I'm looking forward to the 1.4, on paper it only has 8ps less than my present car, in a normal state of tune, but 10Nm more in torque....

That sounds good! I just think that the 1.4 COD might be underpowered compared to the 2.0 tdi. Argh! Tough decisions!!!!!

That sounds good! I just think that the 1.4 COD might be underpowered compared to the 2.0 tdi. Argh! Tough decisions!!!!!

I actually doubt if the 1.4 will be underpowered, as I have driven a car with a similar output, I think it will be fine. Of course it will not have the out and out 'grunt' of the diesel but most of the tests I have read suggest it has enough for good overtaking...

I actually doubt if the 1.4 will be underpowered, as I have driven a car with a similar output, I think it will be fine. Of course it will not have the out and out 'grunt' of the diesel but most of the tests I have read suggest it has enough for good overtaking...

Is this the engine you have on order? Also I was wondering if the 1.4 COD comes with twin exhausts? I think the 2.0 tdi (150) does do?

Is this the engine you have on order? Also I was wondering if the 1.4 COD comes with twin exhausts? I think the 2.0 tdi (150) does do?

yes it does have twin exhausts, as does standard 1.4, only 1.2 TFSI and 1.6 diesel don't.

except S3 which gets 4 (twin each side which is extra cool)

Yes it is in my sig, and you've already been answered about the exhaust. I think I am in a better place to compare two very similar engines in two different cars. The Focus with its 148ps, 240Nm torque, against the A3 Saloon, 140ps and 250Nm or torque, the saloon is a bit lighter though. There is no point in my mind comparing with the Audi 2.0l diesel as you really do need to be making out of town longer journey's and I do not do that.