What have I done !!!

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
Been puzzling for a while about chopping the 8P for an 8V as the cost to change was a tad steep ! Anyways called in yesterday to make sure the dog crate goes in and ended up ordering one. Gone for exactly the same spec I had before apart from Brilliant Red opposed to standard White which looks dirty compared to my current Ibis White.

There may be an holdup fitting the welly, boot and fishing rod racks tho !

Will it fit my garage ?? How much wider and longer is the 8V compared to the old 8P ??

8p. 8v
4237. 4310mm
1966. 1966mm
1421 mm. 1425mm
1195 kg. 1225kg

And there was me thinking the new model was supposed to be lighter!

Reactions: TDI-line
And there was me thinking the new model was supposed to be lighter!

The 8v is lighter.

It also depends on which model you choose though. The current 8v brochure shows that unladen weight varies from 1150KG to 1415KG for a 3 door. (1.2 vs S3 stronic)

Finding 8P data seems a little harder, my 2008 brochure doesn't give weights and browsing on the web I can't find much apart from a random SB which is listed at 1480kg.

Well over 4 weeks down the road from point of order and still no build date !!! Could be picking the old 8V up as a Chrimbo pressy at this rate.

Looks like I gotta tax and MOT my 8P !!!!

Do you think they would loan me a TT Roadster for a while till my 8V arrives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe not then.

....................................STILL NO BUILD DATE...............................Beginning to wonder if I did order one.... Or was I just dreaming...

Have you been in touch, or are you waiting for them to get back to you?

....................................STILL NO BUILD DATE...............................Beginning to wonder if I did order one.... Or was I just dreaming...

I would give them a ring and ask for an update on your order.
I was in the same position as you, no communication after 5 weeks from order. More than likely you have been allocated a build week but not been informed.