Air Conditioning fuel consumption and full drinking features

brad9753

Reaction score
For the first time this year, I was reminded how much my fuel gage falls when the air con is on. It's a 03 corsa, so I am assuming the technology has improved, has it?

Last edited:
Yes :) the climate control is so good you will want to leave it on all year round. So you won't notice the extra fuel it uses when you switch it on.

Wear and tare, lack of dealership servicing, if the costs bother you you need to purchase a cheaper build vehicle from another manufacture. Or a pedal bike which AC will be free, lights on dynamo, loose the membership to the gym and hire a car for the long drives, then your costs will drop....

Reactions: SJW and Daveotto
For the first time this year, I was reminded how much my fuel gage falls when the air con is on. It's a 03 corsa, so I am assuming the technology has improved, has it?

I read an article a couple of years ago which said a car uses more fuel if it is driven with the windows open that with the air conditioning switched on. The main time when a little more fuel may be used is when the compressor in engaged and this only happens when the system is asking for cold air. It has an electronic clutch and is only engaged when required.

Personally I have my a/c switched on all the time. The car is always at the right temperature and I never have steamed up windows.