Badger5AH Fabrications

A3 Saloon - prices

I have just been sent the new A3 Saloon brochure by my dealer. It seems at the moment Audi UK are only offering it in Sport or S-line. As far as I can see from a quick look most of the options available on the 3-door and Sportback are available and at the same prices. The basic prices are:

Sport
    1.4 TFSI 140PS 7-speed S tronic £24,305.00
    1.8 TFSI 180PS 7-speed S tronic £25,955.00
    2.0 TDI 150PS 6-speed manual £24,275.00

S-Line
    1.4 TFSI 140PS 7-speed S tronic £26,455.00
    1.8 TFSI 180PS 7-speed S tronic £28,105.00
    2.0 TDI 150PS 6-speed manual £26,425.00

Personally I will be more interested when they release the 2.0 TDI 150PS with s-tronic.
    Last edited by h5djr; 17th June 2013 at 12:45.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I take it the top 3 are sport and bottom 3 s-line?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Yes that's right - forgot to add that fact.

Also just checked and neither the prices nor the brochure are on the Audi UK website as yet.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    Thought you'd given up on the A3 and were getting a Golf?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Brochure is on the Audi website, with prices
    Last edited by Chelmersteve; 17th June 2013 at 13:21.
    A3 1.4 Sport, S-tronic, Monsoon Grey, Comfort Pack, DAB radio, Interior lighting pack, Front Rubber Mats, Model / Engine badge deletion, Service

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Thought you'd given up on the A3 and were getting a Golf?
    Still not decided one way or the other to be honest. The luggage area of both the Sportback and the Golf are too short for my needs so I will be looking at the A3 Saloon or the Golf Estate. My dealer is having an A3 Saloon in his showroom for a couple of days in July so it will be interesting to see what it's like. Fortunately I still have plenty of time for both Audi and VW to come out with the models I would consider as my current Sportback is only 16 months old and I still prefer it to the new one.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Reverse Gear

Status
    One interesting detail about the A3 Saloon: It will be produced in Györ, Hungary, and not in Ingolstadt.

Quote Originally Posted by betaspin View Post
    One interesting detail about the A3 Saloon: It will be produced in Györ, Hungary, and not in Ingolstadt.
    Probably the same arrangement as with the TT. The bodies are made at Ingolstadt, taken by train to Gyor. The cars are assembled and brought back to Ingolstadt, again by train. Spare capacity at Gyor and none at Ingolstadt.

Nearly all the engines used by Audi are now built in a new plant in Gyor. 1,915,567 engines built there in 2012.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Probably the same arrangement as with the TT. The bodies are made at Ingolstadt, taken by train to Gyor. The cars are assembled and brought back to Ingolstadt, again by train. Spare capacity at Gyor and none at Ingolstadt.

Nearly all the engines used by Audi are now built in a new plant in Gyor. 1,915,567 engines built there in 2012.
    Actually, Gyor just finished a massive plant expansion last week and they now have a complete process including presses, body shop, paint shop, assembly and checkout. They're slated to build 125,000 units per year there.