MMI and AMI

I do have the red gromet cable and the MMI and I should be able to see video on the display.
I tried several video files (synced by iTunes) but I never successeed to see anything. Most of the times, it says that the video format cannot be displayed and once I had a (magnificent) black screen with the audio ...
What aim I missing ?

Has anyone tried an android phone with the ami? My galaxy s4 works fine with bluetooth for phone calls etc. But the music you have to select on the phone. Was wondering if with the ami cable all the music is displayed on the screen and selectable with the cars controls?

I'm not sure this is correct. Just look, at the pic :

IMG 0234.

Has anyone tried an android phone with the ami? My galaxy s4 works fine with bluetooth for phone calls etc. But the music you have to select on the phone. Was wondering if with the ami cable all the music is displayed on the screen and selectable with the cars controls?

If you have the phone set in the MTP mode it should allow you to select things as though it were a standard Usb drive, though not having my car yet I can't confirm! Bluetooth still supports track forward/back etc so I would expect the car to be able to do this

I'm not sure this is correct. Just look, at the pic :

View attachment 17231.

Man that is a perfect example of how crap the resolution is of the mmi screens, when I was testing an 8V months back, I was extremely surprised aswell as disappointed they put those screens in the new 8V, also the new Golf unit screens are awful.

If you have the phone set in the MTP mode it should allow you to select things as though it were a standard Usb drive, though not having my car yet I can't confirm! Bluetooth still supports track forward/back etc so I would expect the car to be able to do this

The bluetooth will skip tracks forward and backwards which works fine. But I would like a list of all my songs on the screen to select them. Will buy the ami to micro usb cable to try it. Cheers

Maybe consider the ami BT adapter which should list track data.

SPOTIFY: This works over bluetooth. If you're using an iPhone (5), you get info about which track you're listening to currently on the screen, but you can't scroll through a list via the MMI. The display of how far you've gone through the track also gets stuck sometimes. If your'e using Android, you don't get any info on the screen at all but the skip back and forwards is much more reliable (I'm not sure we ever got it to work at all on the iPhone version).

AMI TO MICRO USB: I've had my Galaxy S3 plugged in via USB and the car hasn't picked up the music output at all - it's just worked like a charger. I'm not putting my phone into any sort of file transfer mode that would mean that it isn't going to function as a phone, so I stream everything over bluetooth and I'm happy with that. If I were to put files on my phone permanently (as opposed to streaming over Spotify) then I'd go for the option of putting them on a memory card and plugging it into the slot in the glove box.

Man that is a perfect example of how crap the resolution is of the mmi screens, when I was testing an 8V months back, I was extremely surprised aswell as disappointed they put those screens in the new 8V, also the new Golf unit screens are awful.
I'm guessng this is the standard screen - if you have the Tech Pack you get high res that uses the full screen.

Afaik the cars I have played with had the so-called better screen & the res for me was awful in comparison to the so-called inferior mk2 rns-e, they could of done better imho.

Afaik the cars I have played with had the so-called better screen & the res for me was awful in comparison to the so-called inferior mk2 rns-e, they could of done better imho.

I agree with jet_andy on this one - that looks like mine, which is basic. If you have the basic screen there's a wide bezel (screen is 5.something inches), and if you go for the Tech Pack you get a narrow bezel with about 7.something inches of actual screen with a much better resolution.

Vertigo would be able to confirm, but based on the narrower bezel (plus the fact that my "Car" menu has the format of the screenshot above rather than this snazzy one here) I'd say this is the high-resolution version:

2013-Audi-A3-Interior-Nav-Screen-CES-1024x640.jpg

Interesting to see the difference between screens. Perhaps someone with the smaller screen could take a pic showing one of the menu screens that has a graphic and text (like the one above) and someone with the tech pack could navigate to the same menu screen and take the same pic at the same angle so they can be compared?

Also saw this video on YouTube and wondered what kind of screen was this? I thought all A3's came with at least the 5.8"!

http://youtu.be/5vh7xES2rN0

I've never heard of the Attraction model - maybe it's a basic basic version in some markets? I know we're due something below SE sometime - maybe that's what'll come on that as standard?