Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MMI and AMI

6th Gear

Status
    Ah ok my mistake
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I do have the red gromet cable and the MMI and I should be able to see video on the display.
    I tried several video files (synced by iTunes) but I never successeed to see anything. Most of the times, it says that the video format cannot be displayed and once I had a (magnificent) black screen with the audio ...
    What aim I missing ?
    A3 SB 8V TFSI 1.4 122 Glacier White

1st Gear

Status
    It's not suppossed to be able to play video files, only DVDs.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sportback Sport : Scuba Blue : Xenon Light Pack : Technology Pack : Audi Sound System : DAB : Hill Hold Assist : Comfort Pack....
    and Sport Suspension

Reverse Gear

Status
    Has anyone tried an android phone with the ami? My galaxy s4 works fine with bluetooth for phone calls etc. But the music you have to select on the phone. Was wondering if with the ami cable all the music is displayed on the screen and selectable with the cars controls?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm not sure this is correct. Just look, at the pic :

IMG_0234.jpg.
    A3 SB 8V TFSI 1.4 122 Glacier White

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett001 View Post
    Has anyone tried an android phone with the ami? My galaxy s4 works fine with bluetooth for phone calls etc. But the music you have to select on the phone. Was wondering if with the ami cable all the music is displayed on the screen and selectable with the cars controls?
    If you have the phone set in the MTP mode it should allow you to select things as though it were a standard Usb drive, though not having my car yet I can't confirm! Bluetooth still supports track forward/back etc so I would expect the car to be able to do this
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by blt7878 View Post
    I'm not sure this is correct. Just look, at the pic :

IMG_0234.jpg.
    Man that is a perfect example of how crap the resolution is of the mmi screens, when I was testing an 8V months back, I was extremely surprised aswell as disappointed they put those screens in the new 8V, also the new Golf unit screens are awful.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    If you have the phone set in the MTP mode it should allow you to select things as though it were a standard Usb drive, though not having my car yet I can't confirm! Bluetooth still supports track forward/back etc so I would expect the car to be able to do this
    The bluetooth will skip tracks forward and backwards which works fine. But I would like a list of all my songs on the screen to select them. Will buy the ami to micro usb cable to try it. Cheers

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Maybe consider the ami BT adapter which should list track data.

1st Gear

Status
    SPOTIFY: This works over bluetooth. If you're using an iPhone (5), you get info about which track you're listening to currently on the screen, but you can't scroll through a list via the MMI. The display of how far you've gone through the track also gets stuck sometimes. If your'e using Android, you don't get any info on the screen at all but the skip back and forwards is much more reliable (I'm not sure we ever got it to work at all on the iPhone version).

AMI TO MICRO USB: I've had my Galaxy S3 plugged in via USB and the car hasn't picked up the music output at all - it's just worked like a charger. I'm not putting my phone into any sort of file transfer mode that would mean that it isn't going to function as a phone, so I stream everything over bluetooth and I'm happy with that. If I were to put files on my phone permanently (as opposed to streaming over Spotify) then I'd go for the option of putting them on a memory card and plugging it into the slot in the glove box.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Man that is a perfect example of how crap the resolution is of the mmi screens, when I was testing an 8V months back, I was extremely surprised aswell as disappointed they put those screens in the new 8V, also the new Golf unit screens are awful.
    I'm guessng this is the standard screen - if you have the Tech Pack you get high res that uses the full screen.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sportback Sport : Scuba Blue : Xenon Light Pack : Technology Pack : Audi Sound System : DAB : Hill Hold Assist : Comfort Pack....
    and Sport Suspension

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Afaik the cars I have played with had the so-called better screen & the res for me was awful in comparison to the so-called inferior mk2 rns-e, they could of done better imho.

1st Gear

Status
    Afaik the cars I have played with had the so-called better screen & the res for me was awful in comparison to the so-called inferior mk2 rns-e, they could of done better imho.
    I agree with jet_andy on this one - that looks like mine, which is basic. If you have the basic screen there's a wide bezel (screen is 5.something inches), and if you go for the Tech Pack you get a narrow bezel with about 7.something inches of actual screen with a much better resolution.

Vertigo would be able to confirm, but based on the narrower bezel (plus the fact that my "Car" menu has the format of the screenshot above rather than this snazzy one here) I'd say this is the high-resolution version:

3rd Gear

Status
    Interesting to see the difference between screens. Perhaps someone with the smaller screen could take a pic showing one of the menu screens that has a graphic and text (like the one above) and someone with the tech pack could navigate to the same menu screen and take the same pic at the same angle so they can be compared?

Also saw this video on YouTube and wondered what kind of screen was this? I thought all A3's came with at least the 5.8"!

http://youtu.be/5vh7xES2rN0
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

1st Gear

Status
    I've never heard of the Attraction model - maybe it's a basic basic version in some markets? I know we're due something below SE sometime - maybe that's what'll come on that as standard?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12