Why?

Audi Steve

Reaction score
I've been a member on here for some time now and it is starting to bug me home some people insist on being so negative about Audi AG, Audi UK and Audi dealers. Don't get me wrong some Audi dealers do take the p:;s sometimes but the way some people refer to the as "stealers" bugs me, they do a lot for us and at the end of the day they are a business.
Audi spend hundreds of millions developing and researching each model, there are bound to be problems with these cars as there are with all manufactures,
The reason we buy these cars is because we love them, we like to drive them, they are good value for money and they make us feel great. With this is mind why do some of us feel the need to knock them and quote the "sales of goods act" at every slight issue?
When I purchased my A3 I understood that it comes with a 3 year warranty and that everything will be covered, when this runs out and something fails I expect to pay for it to be repaired not say it isn't fit for purpose and demand Audi pay or give me good will. If my dealer decide to contribute to the cost then that's great but if they don't then they don't.
Last point, When was the last time you were contacted by Audi AG saying there was a recall (not campaign) on your vehicle and it isn't safe to drive?
To my knowledge its been over 10 years (TT mk1 suspension and spoiler upgrade) unlike Toyota (brakes and steering), BMW (steering and overheating) and Mercedes (leaking fuel tanks)

Come on people, give Audi a break

Rant over :)

Reactions: h5djr, NHN, hittchy and 2 others
I've onl ever dealt with Arnold Clark and have had some issues to say the least but I won't go on about it here. 3 months ago I walked into an Audi dealership and definately had one of the best experiences yet. There was no hard sale of any kind and since then, the salesman has helped me out no end,even thrown in the interior light pack for free. So, up to now it's all been excellent....and I haven't even got the car yet!

nice speach

It may be due to the Dealers charges in relation to the level of service/attitude you receive from them. Some seem eager to take your money but if you have any problems they try and worm their way out and the level of service/helpfulness in resolving problems you would expect suddenly disappears.
Car Forums in general always seem to be full of people looking for help and having problems,you hardly ever hear good things about Dealers.

as above labour charges for one
and £95 for a scan STEALERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!

£95 for a scan STEALERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!

Couldn't agree more with that,
if the car is under warranty and you say there is a fault then it should be check under that warranty, but if you have just decided to ask them to do a scan fornthe sake of checking for anything then they should charge, but only pay there labour rate for the amount of time units shown on the top of the log (expended diagnostics time)
example £100 an hour, log shows 25 tu then we pay £25 + vat

Couldn't agree more with that,
if the car is under warranty and you say there is a fault then it should be check under that warranty, but if you have just decided to ask them to do a scan fornthe sake of checking for anything then they should charge, but only pay there labour rate for the amount of time units shown on the top of the log (expended diagnostics time)
example £100 an hour, log shows 25 tu then we pay £25 + vat
£95 !!! Can I retract my first comment??

I have to agree - hate the term stealers. Not quite sure how someone can choose to take their car to a franchise dealer, be given a firm quote and then complain about said price with terms like 'stealer'.

Personally I wouldn't own an Audi outside the warranty period. I prefer to know how much I'm paying (monthly cost to cover depreciation) on a fixed basis. Then if anything goes wrong, it's effectively 'in the price'. However, for the price of a new A3, I could have a nice B7 RS4. Champagne Charlie for lemonade money as they say..... until something goes wrong!

I have a suspicion though that lots of people buy into the brand with a prestige used car at 'mondeo money'. Then when things do go wrong, they haven't budgeted this in, and the repair costs come as quite a shock.

I don't see the issue with the term stealers, when i take a drive or just in general life i get called much worse :uhm: