Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Question Apple Iphone/Ipod Connectivity

Thought I would start a new thread on this to see what people are finding out there. I have the phone box option with an Iphone 4 connected via the short cable supplied by Audi. Through the media menu I can play tracks from the Iphone via Bluetooth. However, although it displays on the screen with the artist and album, I cannot search on this and instead have to go through all the tracks which are listed alphabetically to play music. I cant see how you can select and play an album. I dont get any album art on the screen but noticed that this does display on the Iphone whilst playing.
    I understand that the search may be possible if I put my songs onto an SD card and use the second SD slot in the glove compartment. It is also possible to put songs into folders on the SD card so you can select whole albums or create playlists.
    What are others experiencing. Ideally I want to be able to search on track/album and artist. I would like to use the music from my Iphone so wondered if anyone has cracked it before I buy an SD card.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    What colour's the collar on your cable? (red or blue)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Mine has the red collar. I tried the SD card and very easy to manage using the folders.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Right, realised what I was doing wrong. I had the music from the IPhone via Bluetooth. If I source the IPhone in the media menu then easy to sort via Album or artist....plus can play videos.

6th Gear

Status
    Yes, I was wondering why you were plugging it in and then playing via bluetooth!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    I bought the red gromet MMI cable and I have the artwork from all my iPhone 4S albums.
    But I am not satisfied with the iPhone hidden under my elbow because of the short cable.
    I 'd like to see the iPhone screen ...
    I tried the Shopinnov Rallonge pour câble iPhone iPod iPad 1m de Shopinnov
    My A3 cannot see the iPhone when I use it, althhough it works great with my Mac.

110E7OJcHxL.jpg
    Did someone hear of a working iPhone extension cable ?

A3 SB 8V TFSI 1.4 122 Glacier White