Chris NottVolks Autos
Results 1 to 33 of 33
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By cemerson
  • 5 Post By Cruiser89

Thread: Audi A3 8V VIM

  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21

    Audi A3 8V VIM

    Hi all,

    i have just received my first new car ever. It's the new A3 8V S-Line 2.0TDI S-tronic.

    I like all the toys so have ordered it fully loaded with the following :

    panoramic roof
    communication pack
    luggage pack
    lighting pack
    bang and olufsen
    alcantara leather
    adaptive cruise
    Park Assist
    Lane Assist
    roof rails
    heated folding mirrors
    etc etc.

    the communication package is awesome and will probably be better than my house stereo, but as I spend a lot of time in the car, this will be we'll used.

    The one thing I had previously however was video in motion, so that my wife can watch movies on long journeys. I know not everybody is keen on this but it doesn't distract me and I have had it for over 5 years.

    Does anyone know how easy it will be to do on the new A3? I have approached Ross tech who don't have the ability to do it at the moment but wondered if anyone with more knowledge would know if it was even possible?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    RETFORD, NOTTS
    Posts
    1,753
    Is this the MMI or something different?
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

  4. #3
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    84
    I'm also keen to get this activated. I was reading the guide for coding it in on the A1 but I've not come accross anything for the 8V yet.

    Anyone brave enough to have a play with the coding? I know I'm not!
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey S-Line with technology pack, Bang & Olufsen, comfort pack, privacy glass, leather & alcantara seats, interior light pack and 40mm lowering springs

    Project car - VW Golf MK4 1.8T conversion from 1.4E

  5. #4
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    RETFORD, NOTTS
    Posts
    1,753
    If you have a guide please put it up or link it, Ill happily experiment on your cars :D

    Hardly likely to cause any problems, and coding is always reversable
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    84
    This is the thread on the A1 forum:

    The Audi A1 Forum • View topic - HOW TO - Enable Video In Motion (VIM)

    And this is the code generator & instructions which work for the A1

    VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G

    If do try it, please let us know how you get on
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey S-Line with technology pack, Bang & Olufsen, comfort pack, privacy glass, leather & alcantara seats, interior light pack and 40mm lowering springs

    Project car - VW Golf MK4 1.8T conversion from 1.4E

  7. #6
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,837
    When I tried VCDS on a 2013 Sport, there was very little coding, none at all in 90% of the modules including the 5F.

    VCDS 11.11.6 wouldn't even recognise the 8V chassis so had to download the Beta 12.

  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal_16 View Post
    This is the thread on the A1 forum:

    The Audi A1 Forum • View topic - HOW TO - Enable Video In Motion (VIM)

    And this is the code generator & instructions which work for the A1

    VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G

    If do try it, please let us know how you get on
    I tried this, it doesn't work on the New A3, anyone got any other ideas?

  9. #8
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Porter View Post
    I tried this, it doesn't work on the New A3, anyone got any other ideas?
    Hi,

    check this: VAG CAN PROFESSIONAL

    New ZDC uploader opens now new options for programming the ECUs. Example: loading THIS FILE disables the speed limiter for Video playback in newest MMI systems installed in Audi A3 8V MQB. So, yes, it's first in the world VideoInMotion (VIM) for A3 8V !

  10. #9
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    With the new vcds 12.12.0 I got this pic and I think this is where to look but it doesn't let me change the testmode video speed cutoff from 0 km/h to anything.The pin below must be found.
    These are in adaptation!
    20130924_193852.jpg

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Trinidad W.I.
    Posts
    133

  12. #11
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by mateoosh View Post
    Hi,

    check this: VAG CAN PROFESSIONAL
    This looks great, has anybody used this?

  13. #12
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21

  14. #13
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Ok So I have now sorted it, I think I am the first in the UK to crack VIM on an A3. I can now do up to 255MPH with the screen on (if my car was that quick!)

    I am going to start offering this as a charged service as the hardware required to do this cost me an arm and a leg.

    If anyone is interested and is willing to come to me (I'm in the West Midlands) then I am willing to activate this for £80.00

    Email me at alporterjunk@gmail.com if your interested.

  15. #14
    mjcourtney's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South England
    Posts
    1,041
    So how did you manage it in the end?
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Porter View Post
    Ok So I have now sorted it, I think I am the first in the UK to crack VIM on an A3. I can now do up to 255MPH with the screen on (if my car was that quick!)

    I am going to start offering this as a charged service as the hardware required to do this cost me an arm and a leg.

    If anyone is interested and is willing to come to me (I'm in the West Midlands) then I am willing to activate this for £80.00

    Email me at alporterjunk@gmail.com if your interested.
    Why on earth would anyone want to spend a lot of money on a brand new A3 and then spend "an arm and a leg" making that car totally illegal.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  17. #16
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,231
    Don't see the attraction mysqelf. Certainly not for £80! Shame people can't give back to the community and help rather than try and make money from it instead.
    Sandra and t8ups like this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  18. #17
    BGS
    BGS's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Northampton, UK
    Posts
    153
    I'd be very wary of this too, VIM would negate any insurance policy held on the car. Policies won't pay out where VIM is found. Even if it was not in use at the time of an accident. As an undeclared and illegal modification it invalidates your cover.
    A3 1.4tfsi CoD Saloon Stron Sline - Misano Red & 19's
    Advanced Key, Mag Ride, Parking Plus, B&O Sound, Driver Assist Pack, Extended Mono Interior, Super Sport Seats, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Int Lighting, LED Headlights, Prog Steering, Reversing Cam, Tech Pack - High.

  19. #18
    snowfree52's Avatar
    Full LED baby !

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by papaspeter View Post
    With the new vcds 12.12.0 I got this pic and I think this is where to look but it doesn't let me change the testmode video speed cutoff from 0 km/h to anything.The pin below must be found.
    These are in adaptation!
    20130924_193852.jpg
    does the vag com ask for a pin code ?
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

  20. #19
    Silky-S3's Avatar
    Is loving his new 8V S3!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Porter View Post
    Ok So I have now sorted it, I think I am the first in the UK to crack VIM on an A3. I can now do up to 255MPH with the screen on (if my car was that quick!)

    I am going to start offering this as a charged service as the hardware required to do this cost me an arm and a leg.

    If anyone is interested and is willing to come to me (I'm in the West Midlands) then I am willing to activate this for £80.00

    Email me at alporterjunk@gmail.com if your interested.
    What a joke...

  21. #20
    Cruiser89's Avatar
    Advanced In Car Technologies

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bournemouth, Dorset
    Posts
    1,425

    My Social Networking

    Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Ok so here are my thoughts on the issue...

    It would have been nice for the OP to at least advise the route that he's gone down to be able to get a resolve. It all seems a one way street at the moment. Posting up asking if anybody had a resolve, if somebody knew how to do it then the OP would have tried and hopefully got a workable solution.

    Now I'm not quibbling about time spent on researching it and possible parts used and so the OP is looking to re-coupe that money which is fair enough.

    I believe this is what's happened and how VIM has been activated.

    1 - Purchased a VAG COM PRO system from the guys here or possibly the UK Re-Seller - http://www.vag-tech.eu
    2 - Downloaded a specific file format for the software here - http://www.vag-tech.com/vagcanpro/zd...LL_MMI_VIM.zdc

    Run the software and then it has written the code to the ECU that handles this stuff and now has VIM. I can see the cable is 185 Euros and with the exchange rate it's about £160. Hence the arm and a leg part the OP is referring to.

    I could be totally barking up the wrong train and if so - apologies. The above however seems the most logical solution.

    I do think that £80 is rather high for something that probably only takes about 5mins... As a business if somebody wanted something coding then I think £25 as a favour is about right. For instance, Alarm Chirp. I'm sure other Retrofit Folk on here such as NHN and N8 would agree with me on this.

    Alan - A bit of advice If I may. You have quite a low post count which others on forums may see you as quite new and that you don't post up much and so asking for £80 for a service you are offering is quite strange, hence why some of the replies...

    Please remember though as you are not a sponsor to the forum you are not allowed to post up offering services for cash unless it's seen as beer tokens to help somebody out. I have seen that you have posted in another thread offering your "service" If you offered it at a £10 then I think that would be seen as "Beer Token" worthy.

    The above is by no means to undermine you or the work you have done but more to explain why you may get a few questionable replies. I will however be looking for a resolution when my new car turns up.
    Last edited by Cruiser89; 24th October 2013 at 17:18.

    Tim - Project & Marketing Manager of Advanced In-Car Technologies LTD. An Audi Approved OEM / Retrofit Specialist Company. All views expressed are my own and bear no reflection on Advanced In Car Tech.




    Audi A3 For Sale: 2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI Black Edition. Low Mileage. Great Condition. Manuf Warranty
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wanted-audi-cars/219560-sale-2011-audi-a3-1-8tfsi-black-edition-low-mileage-great-condition-manuf-warranty.html

  22. #21
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser89 View Post
    Ok so here are my thoughts on the issue...

    It would have been nice for the OP to at least advise the route that he's gone down to be able to get a resolve. It all seems a one way street at the moment. Posting up asking if anybody had a resolve, if somebody knew how to do it then the OP would have tried and hopefully got a workable solution.

    Now I'm not quibbling about time spent on researching it and possible parts used and so the OP is looking to re-coupe that money which is fair enough.

    I believe this is what's happened and how VIM has been activated.

    1 - Purchased a VAG COM PRO system from the guys here or possibly the UK Re-Seller - http://www.vag-tech.eu
    2 - Downloaded a specific file format for the software here - http://www.vag-tech.com/vagcanpro/zd...LL_MMI_VIM.zdc

    Run the software and then it has written the code to the ECU that handles this stuff and now has VIM. I can see the cable is 185 Euros and with the exchange rate it's about £160. Hence the arm and a leg part the OP is referring to.

    I could be totally barking up the wrong train and if so - apologies. The above however seems the most logical solution.

    I do think that £80 is rather high for something that probably only takes about 5mins... As a business if somebody wanted something coding then I think £25 as a favour is about right. For instance, Alarm Chirp. I'm sure other Retrofit Folk on here such as NHN and N8 would agree with me on this.

    Alan - A bit of advice If I may. You have quite a low post count which others on forums may see you as quite new and that you don't post up much and so asking for £80 for a service you are offering is quite strange, hence why some of the replies...

    Please remember though as you are not a sponsor to the forum you are not allowed to post up offering services for cash unless it's seen as beer tokens to help somebody out. I have seen that you have posted in another thread offering your "service" If you offered it at a £10 then I think that would be seen as "Beer Token" worthy.

    The above is by no means to undermine you or the work you have done but more to explain why you may get a few questionable replies. I will however be looking for a resolution when my new car turns up.
    Thanks for that reply, nice to see it from both sides. When I tried to get this issue resolved myself, the cheapest price offered was £110 by a reputable specialist Audi retro-fitter. I drove my car over 100 miles to them to have this done only to find it wasn't possible. Based on that I thought my price was cheap and if someone had offered it to me I would have jumped at the chance. Interestingly I approached Advanced in car technologies too who told me it wasn't possible

    Your assumption about VAG COM is not true, this is what the company thought they were going to use, but to my knowledge Ross Tech have deliberately locked this so it is not possible, If I now find out it is then I will have wasted a lot of money! Vag Com is relatively cheap compared to the hardware I purchased.

    It is interesting the comments I have received on here and yet I have had 8 emails asking to have it done in the first 2 days.

    I wasn't however aware of the sponsor thing and beer tokens, which I now understand and apologise to anyone offended and am happy to remove my post if I only knew how!

  23. #22
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Near Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    1,097
    Interesting - do you have the technology pack with the 7" screen and DVD player?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

  24. #23
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Interesting - do you have the technology pack with the 7" screen and DVD player?
    Yes I do. I assume you were asking me?

  25. #24
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Near Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    1,097
    yes - was just checking that your setup was the same as the one I've ordered in our new car.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

  26. #25
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Advanced In Car Tech know what they are about. James in particular was great fitting RNS510 to Golf hack!

  27. #26
    Cruiser89's Avatar
    Advanced In Car Technologies

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bournemouth, Dorset
    Posts
    1,425

    My Social Networking

    Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Porter View Post
    Thanks for that reply, nice to see it from both sides. When I tried to get this issue resolved myself, the cheapest price offered was £110 by a reputable specialist Audi retro-fitter. I drove my car over 100 miles to them to have this done only to find it wasn't possible. Based on that I thought my price was cheap and if someone had offered it to me I would have jumped at the chance. Interestingly I approached Advanced in car technologies too who told me it wasn't possible

    Your assumption about VAG COM is not true, this is what the company thought they were going to use, but to my knowledge Ross Tech have deliberately locked this so it is not possible, If I now find out it is then I will have wasted a lot of money! Vag Com is relatively cheap compared to the hardware I purchased.

    It is interesting the comments I have received on here and yet I have had 8 emails asking to have it done in the first 2 days.

    I wasn't however aware of the sponsor thing and beer tokens, which I now understand and apologise to anyone offended and am happy to remove my post if I only knew how!
    No harm done chum... No need to remove anything.
    I thought it was prudent to pop something up as I knew that you were lining yourself up for the sights as such based on other comments. Just needed a balance is all.

    There will always be people who will pay for top dollar for certain things. Even though you were offering the mod for £80, I'm sure some folk on here aren't as price sensitive as others and will take you up on it!

    If you were closer then we would probably have a meet up over a beer to discuss what and how :D

    Tim - Project & Marketing Manager of Advanced In-Car Technologies LTD. An Audi Approved OEM / Retrofit Specialist Company. All views expressed are my own and bear no reflection on Advanced In Car Tech.




    Audi A3 For Sale: 2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI Black Edition. Low Mileage. Great Condition. Manuf Warranty
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wanted-audi-cars/219560-sale-2011-audi-a3-1-8tfsi-black-edition-low-mileage-great-condition-manuf-warranty.html

  28. #27
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser89 View Post
    No harm done chum... No need to remove anything.
    I thought it was prudent to pop something up as I knew that you were lining yourself up for the sights as such based on other comments. Just needed a balance is all.

    There will always be people who will pay for top dollar for certain things. Even though you were offering the mod for £80, I'm sure some folk on here aren't as price sensitive as others and will take you up on it!

    If you were closer then we would probably have a meet up over a beer to discuss what and how :D
    Thanks for that. I now advertise this on Ebay, I can do it on the new Golf too, and have done 9 cars (5 Audi's and 4 Golfs) in my first week! There definitely is demand. Plus I get to chat to people with similar interests as me while i'm doing it

  29. #28
    Cruiser89's Avatar
    Advanced In Car Technologies

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bournemouth, Dorset
    Posts
    1,425

    My Social Networking

    Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Porter View Post
    Thanks for that. I now advertise this on Ebay, I can do it on the new Golf too, and have done 9 cars (5 Audi's and 4 Golfs) in my first week! There definitely is demand. Plus I get to chat to people with similar interests as me while i'm doing it
    Cool....

    Just make sure that you cover your backside in regards to the listing. You have to have a lengthy script about not being liable, off road use, release etc. If somebody has an accident or caught using it whilst driving and they refer it back to you then you can get in trouble...

    Easiest way is to get a document with it all on and get whoever to sign, date and print for the above.

    Tim - Project & Marketing Manager of Advanced In-Car Technologies LTD. An Audi Approved OEM / Retrofit Specialist Company. All views expressed are my own and bear no reflection on Advanced In Car Tech.




    Audi A3 For Sale: 2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI Black Edition. Low Mileage. Great Condition. Manuf Warranty
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wanted-audi-cars/219560-sale-2011-audi-a3-1-8tfsi-black-edition-low-mileage-great-condition-manuf-warranty.html

  30. #29
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser89 View Post
    Cool....

    Just make sure that you cover your backside in regards to the listing. You have to have a lengthy script about not being liable, off road use, release etc. If somebody has an accident or caught using it whilst driving and they refer it back to you then you can get in trouble...

    Easiest way is to get a document with it all on and get whoever to sign, date and print for the above.
    Yeah I shall do that. It all seems rather odd to me, the car is capable of 140mph and yet we don't blame the manufacturer if we speed. It's up to the driver to drive as he see's fit.

    I am having a lot of enquiries to unlock the old RNS-E units, which I assumed there would be lots of people doing by now but apparently not. Shall I send them your way?

  31. #30
    Cruiser89's Avatar
    Advanced In Car Technologies

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bournemouth, Dorset
    Posts
    1,425

    My Social Networking

    Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Yeah sure chap!!

    For the newer RNSe models it needs to be a box behind the scenes.

    Audi RNSe Video In Motion | Advanced In-Car Technologies

    Tim - Project & Marketing Manager of Advanced In-Car Technologies LTD. An Audi Approved OEM / Retrofit Specialist Company. All views expressed are my own and bear no reflection on Advanced In Car Tech.




    Audi A3 For Sale: 2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI Black Edition. Low Mileage. Great Condition. Manuf Warranty
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wanted-audi-cars/219560-sale-2011-audi-a3-1-8tfsi-black-edition-low-mileage-great-condition-manuf-warranty.html

  32. #31
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5
    ...So is this firmware? VAG? Or is it a "magic" box that pluggs into the RNS-E Mk2????

  33. #32
    Cruiser89's Avatar
    Advanced In Car Technologies

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bournemouth, Dorset
    Posts
    1,425

    My Social Networking

    Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by penogg View Post
    ...So is this firmware? VAG? Or is it a "magic" box that pluggs into the RNS-E Mk2????
    In reference to what?

    If you are referring to Alan's OP then it sounds like a new ECU file that is uploaded into the vehicle.
    If you are referring to my last link then it's a "Magic Box" that is plugged into the back of the RNSe.

    Tim - Project & Marketing Manager of Advanced In-Car Technologies LTD. An Audi Approved OEM / Retrofit Specialist Company. All views expressed are my own and bear no reflection on Advanced In Car Tech.




    Audi A3 For Sale: 2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI Black Edition. Low Mileage. Great Condition. Manuf Warranty
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wanted-audi-cars/219560-sale-2011-audi-a3-1-8tfsi-black-edition-low-mileage-great-condition-manuf-warranty.html

  34. #33
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5
    Yes, sorry I was referring to Alan's post..Though I think you did answer my questions...I was just trying to figure out what exactly Advanced In Car was selling for almost 300 USD? Is it a Kufatec "like" device with A/V in's?
    Last edited by penogg; 12th November 2013 at 14:18.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 Audi A3 VIM?
    By zippster in forum New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th October 2013, 13:47
  2. Audi-Sport Trackday Castle Coombe 2nd April 2003
    By johneroberts in forum Major UK Events
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26th March 2003, 18:25
  3. FYI: Audi Approved Oils for the S3
    By DuncS3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd February 2003, 09:56
  4. Welcome to RS4 forums at audi-sport
    By Administrators in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th January 2003, 13:44
  5. Audi Fest?? Is it on?
    By Moresauce in forum Major UK Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th January 2003, 12:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO