Volks AutosBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 97catalunya

Thread: Interior light pack

Neutral

Status

Interior light pack

Hi everyone- can anyone tell me whether its worth having the interior light pack and where does the ambient lighting come from,all I can see are the cup holders lit up

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    In my opinion its definitely worth it. You get white led lights in all four foot wells, in the door handles, map reading lights, sun visors, rear passenger lights, door sill lights and boot lights.

These can all be controlled from the MMI to adjust intensity. The lights on the front speakers are only if you have B&O (another option that's well worth it!).
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    In my opinion its definitely worth it. You get white led lights in all four foot wells, in the door handles, map reading lights, sun visors, rear passenger lights, door sill lights and boot lights.

These can all be controlled from the MMI to adjust intensity. The lights on the front speakers are only if you have B&O (another option that's well worth it!).
    +1 you should definitely get it ! its really worth it , you get a special feeling from the car at night .

lights on front doors are indeed b&o only and lights on the mmi wheel are technology pack only.

3rd Gear

Status
    It's the first option I tick on any new Audi.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    Are the footwell lights on permanent or just when you open the doors- maybe programable

Neutral

Status
    Definitely worth it - finishes the car off with a great look at night.

There is a red ambient light from a thin slit in the overhead control panel.

The intensity of the footwell lights is adjustable from either permantly on/off with varying degrees of brightness through the MMI.

Neutral

Status
    thanks for all your replies,i almost added it at point of order- phoned dealer today but waiting for call back,youve all made me want it now,got build week 35 so hope i can still add to spec. cheers

2nd Gear

Status
    Should be no problem adding it now.

Neutral

Status
    Never seen the option to increase the light intensity in MMI ?. Can you give me directions - ta !. I've only been using the pop out dial near the headlight switch for the clocks.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JossyB View Post
    Never seen the option to increase the light intensity in MMI ?. Can you give me directions - ta !. I've only been using the pop out dial near the headlight switch for the clocks.
    Yep - MMI: select menu button - Systems- Car Systems - Vehicle settings- Background lighting. (P57 in the handbook).

3rd Gear

Status
    Anyone got any pics ;-)

I have ordered it but not seen it, apart from cup holders and B&O speakers.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post
    Anyone got any pics ;-)

I have ordered it but not seen it, apart from cup holders and B&O speakers.
    MiT took some pics which show off the interior light package. See the pics thread post 332. Sorry I don't know how to do a direct link!
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    MiT took some pics which show off the interior light package. See the pics thread post 332. Sorry I don't know how to do a direct link!
    Thanks Mark.

Yes I have seen these they look great! But I have not seen the lights in the door handles, foot wells, the red strip in the overhead control panel etc, apparently there is one that illuminates the gear selector too?
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

3rd Gear

Status

Interior light pack

Just found this video on YouTube and it shows the LED pack quite well although I still can't see the "illuminated inside door openers"

http://youtu.be/jiGsd2_CxqY
    A3sportbackMark likes this.

Neutral

Status
    check out [you wanted pics] by vertigo1, great pics of car inc interior lights. curantly on page 4.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow JD007F On Twitter Add JD007F on Facebook Add JD007F on Google+ Visit JD007F's Youtube Channel Visit JD007F's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pganders View Post
    Yep - MMI: select menu button - Systems- Car Systems - Vehicle settings- Background lighting. (P57 in the handbook).
    Hi, I've tried doing this but I can't find any of this when I go on to my little screen I get this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374594190.107040.jpg

Could anyone help as I'm trying to sort my lights out.

I have the dome ones in the front of my car
    The rear ones
    The vanity lights and glove box
    Boot lights
    But I don't have the puddle lights or the end of the door lights so I was seeing if I could get them!!

Cheers

6th Gear

Status
    That's an 8P, you are in the wrong forum
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow JD007F On Twitter Add JD007F on Facebook Add JD007F on Google+ Visit JD007F's Youtube Channel Visit JD007F's Instagram Channel
    Yeh sorry I noticed after i had wrote in it sorry guys. I'm new to the website don't Spose anyone has ideas how to adjust the lights like you do on ur a3 on my 8p one I think lol

Cheers