• 1 Post By A3sportbackMark
  • 1 Post By Trebuchet
  • 3 Post By Trebuchet
  • 1 Post By cemerson

Thread: 2 (two) more sleeps!

Neutral

Status

2 (two) more sleeps!

Sorted out the handover paperwork today, pick it up Saturday.

Had a sneak-peak whilst I was there, lookin' goood.

S-Line, 1.4COD. all the mod-cons.
    Sandra, cussycod and SportbackStu like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post

Sounds awesome, will need a little tune for you for saturday. Good job im organised in here x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Third Gear

Status
    Great news mate, enjoy.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Great!...a weekend pick up...!

Welcome to the cod club
    A3 SB,1.4TFSi COD,S-Line, Privacy Glass, Daytona, Sat Nav

4th Gear

Status
    Weather looks good for a Saturday pick up and taking it for a spin, will you have Sandra's countdown music playing as you test out the new motor?
    Sandra likes this.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Status

Here is todays tune for you. Enjoy. x

Phil Collins - One More Night (No Ticket Required) Live! - YouTube

Status
    Where is our latest addition to the " grin club " any pics? X

Nice little driving tune for you To enjoy. x

Queen - A Kind Of Magic - YouTube
    Last edited by Sandra; 15th June 2013 at 18:12.

Neutral

Status
    Parked in Tesco, trying out the park-assist, and a car similar to my previous had parked behind us by the time we returned. Deserved a photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Thanks for the pic, the car looks amazing, are you grinning? Are you happy with the new car? How many miles have you done since collection? Enjoy. x

Neutral

Status

Another photo. No Elise this time, or shopping trollies.
    Last edited by Trebuchet; 15th June 2013 at 20:36.
    Sandra, Daveotto and SJW like this.

Status
    Attachment 16922

Another photo. No Elise this time, or shopping trollies.
    simply stunning. x

6th Gear

Status
    I see you've got the adaptive crusie as well, another one who likes the toys :D
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Third Gear

Status
    Looks gorgeous mate.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Neutral

Status
    Very impressed with the adaptive cruise.

Stuck behind a car, it slows down, as expected. BUT indicate to overtake and it pre-emptively increase revs as you pull out, ie before you're fully in the other lane.

As you're overtaking, if there is already a car in front of you in the lane you're joining, ACC doesn't brake if the other car is going faster than you/pulling away, even if that car is within the distance tolerance you've set.
    Last edited by Trebuchet; 17th June 2013 at 09:53.

6th Gear

Status
    I do like it when people post about how great things are that I've ordered as well
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    She's a beut!
    A3 SB,1.4TFSi COD,S-Line, Privacy Glass, Daytona, Sat Nav

6th Gear

Status
    Very impressed with the adaptive cruise.

Stuck behind a car, it slows down, as expected. BUT indicate to overtake and it pre-emptively increase revs as you pull out, ie before you're fully in the other lane.

As you're overtaking, if there is already a car in front of you in the lane you're joining, ACC doesn't brake if the other car is going faster than you/pulling away, even if that car is within the distance tolerance you've set.
    So to satisfy my curiosity, what happens if you indicate to pull out but then spot another car in the lane and delay pulling out? Does it keep accelerating or at some point does it realise you aren't moving and slow down again?

Neutral

Status
    It stays in the green zone.

Something else I've noticed a couple of times now, it stops you from undertaking in certain situations. Clear road ahead, but it slows down just before it reaches the rear quarter of the car in the next lane.

It's also had two millisecond hesitations when overtaking/alongside big artics. Not sure what that's about.
    Last edited by Trebuchet; 1st July 2013 at 07:43.

Neutral

Status
    It stays in the green zone.

Something else I've noticed a couple of times now, it stops you from undertaking in certain situations. Clear road ahead, but it slows down just before it reaches the rear quarter of the car in the next lane.

It's also had two millisecond hesitations when overtaking/alongside big artics. Not sure what that's about.
    I can't say I've noticed either of those so far. Maybe I haven't given it a chance, but when my lane is clear and there's traffic on my right travelling more slowly than set on the ACC it seems to want to zoom past them. Wouldn't it get confused when you take the car to a country which drives on the right?

Overall though I have to say I've been very impressed with the ACC so far, although I wish the default distance were 2 not 3, as that just leaves too much space and drivers are always jumping into it.
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic, MY14, Scuba Blue, 15-spoke 17" alloys, Comfort Pack with ACC, Interior Lighting Pack, Audi Sound System.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by constvoid View Post
    Overall though I have to say I've been very impressed with the ACC so far, although I wish the default distance were 2 not 3, as that just leaves too much space and drivers are always jumping into it.
    I think the default can be set through VCDS. Might be worth asking at your dealership?

OT: Interesting username constvoid. Are you a C coder?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post

OT: Interesting username constvoid. Are you a C coder?
    I used to dabble, but have less time for it now.
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic, MY14, Scuba Blue, 15-spoke 17" alloys, Comfort Pack with ACC, Interior Lighting Pack, Audi Sound System.

6th Gear

Status
    I can't say I've noticed either of those so far. Maybe I haven't given it a chance, but when my lane is clear and there's traffic on my right travelling more slowly than set on the ACC it seems to want to zoom past them. Wouldn't it get confused when you take the car to a country which drives on the right?

Can't wait till I get mine... been doing a lot of driving on the M1 recently and can see the ACC making it so much less stressful! I have standard cruise control in my car but it just becomes a pain with too many others around - constantly adjusting or cancelling it :/ Don't think the Silverstone traffic helped yesterday when I drove to London though!

2nd Gear

Status
    I used to dabble, but have less time for it now.
    Ah OK. C is my main language at work now (doing embedded systems).

2nd Gear

Status
    ACC is the feature I most wanted on a new car. Really looking forward to trying it out.

6th Gear

Status
    PHP dev here, none of this low level rubbish :P

1st Gear

Status
    .NET here!

6th Gear

Status
    Ew :P
    Karl Alesbury likes this.