• 1 Post By Sandra
  • 1 Post By 97catalunya
  • 1 Post By 97catalunya
  • 1 Post By Curlybob

Thread: Yet another countdown!

Reverse Gear

Status

Yet another countdown!

I have been viewing the forum for a while now and I have really enjoyed reading all the excellent posts. With my wife's new A3 SB due to arrive hopefully within the next week I thought it high time that I actually registered in order to contribute. The A3 on order is as follows:

A3 2.0 Tdi S-Line, Glacier White, electric heated nappa leather seats, electric lumbar adjustment, xenon plus adaptive headlights, Audi sound system, front & rear parking sensors, comfort pack, interior light package, standard suspension, electric mirrors, aluminium roof bars, technology pack, hold assist, tyre pressure monitoring
    Last edited by Curlybob; 12th June 2013 at 21:26.
    First Ever Audi likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Welcome curly bob, you have a nice spec car, have you been waiting long since your order?
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlybob View Post
    I have been viewing the forum for a while now and I have really enjoyed reading all the excellent posts. With my wife's new A3 SB due to arrive hopefully within the next week I thought it high time that I actually registered in order to contribute. The A3 on order is as follows:

A3 2.0 Tdi S-Line, Glacier White, electric heated nappa leather seats, electric lumbar adjustment, xenon plus adaptive headlights, Audi sound system, front & rear parking sensors, comfort pack, interior light package, standard suspension, electric mirrors, aluminium roof bars, technology pack, hold assist, tyre pressure monitoring
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net and the 8v section. We look forward to your countdown and collection of the car. You are in good company in here and will learn so much as well as the enjoyment we all have waiting for the cars. Enjoy. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Third Gear

Status
    Welcome mate, nice car and spec, we should get our cars at similar times.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thank you for the welcome messages. The car was ordered in February to get the £500 discount on the technology package. The wait has not been too bad - that is until the car arrived in the UK and now the days seem to be dragging. I'm hoping the dealer will contact me tomorrow to arrange a collection date.

Neutral

Status
    Welcome, nice spec.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had a call from the dealer today - car has now arrived at the dealership. Agreed to collect next Saturday week at 9am so only 7 more days to go!
    markwiggy and First Ever Audi like this.

Status
    Had a call from the dealer today - car has now arrived at the dealership. Agreed to collect next Saturday week at 9am so only 7 more days to go!
    thats good to hear, another countdown. x
    First Ever Audi likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Pick up now scheduled for Saturday at 9am. My wife saw a transporter near Leicester today with several new SB's on but I have still not seen many on the road in Suffolk.

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    Hello Curlybob, I live on the Essex/Suffolk border and you are quite right there are not too many new SB's on the roads yet in the region. I have only seen x2 s-line SBs (Daytona and Glacier White) and an A3 3dr amalfi white s-line near where I live.

Only 3 more days to go. You and your wife must be excited. Nice spec you have gone with!
    Sportback / 2TDI / Manual / S-Line / Amalfi White / Sport Suspension /
    Alcantara Leather Split / Heated Seats / Elec Lumbar / Phone Box / Audi Sound System / Sat Nav /
    Privacy Glass / Through Load / Rear Side Airbags / Tyre Pressure Monitor

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    Hello Curlybob, I live on the Essex/Suffolk border and you are quite right there are not too many new SB's on the roads yet in the region. I have only seen x2 s-line SBs (Daytona and Glacier White) and an A3 3dr amalfi white s-line near where I live.

Only 3 more days to go. You and your wife must be excited. Nice spec you have gone with!
    Not many in Herfrodshire/Essex borders yet - only seen two 1 SB in Daytona on the road and a 3 door glacier white in a local station car park - maybe same two cars!!!!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Not many in Herfrodshire/Essex borders yet - only seen two 1 SB in Daytona on the road and a 3 door glacier white in a local station car park - maybe same two cars!!!!
    Havnt seen many 13 plate a3 around the Berkshire/Hampshire border. Although I did pull up to one at the traffic lights, saw the pop up screen and was dazzled (not in the eye) by the LED DRLs. Can't rember the colour, and didn't know if an SE, sport or s-line.
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Now only two sleeps to go! Drove past the showroom today hoping to catch a glimpse of the car ready for collection but it was nowhere to be seen. I should really be more patient and wait for the reveal but it's just too damn exciting! Driving through Germany over the summer and have booked a factory tour at the Ingolstadt factory - does anyone want me to check if their car is being built!

4th Gear

Status
    Now only two sleeps to go! Drove past the showroom today hoping to catch a glimpse of the car ready for collection but it was nowhere to be seen. I should really be more patient and wait for the reveal but it's just too damn exciting! Driving through Germany over the summer and have booked a factory tour at the Ingolstadt factory - does anyone want me to check if their car is being built!
    What colour is your new car?
    if you go to Germany in August, you may see my scuba blue being built! Take a pic please...lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    Our car is Glacier White. If I see your car A3sportbackMark I will ask one of the workers if he could add on a few more options FOC. Anything you would like?

4th Gear

Status
    Our car is Glacier White. If I see your car A3sportbackMark I will ask one of the workers if he could add on a few more options FOC. Anything you would like?
    nice colour.

Haha, I don't have many options so any appreciated! I notice cemerson has lots of options in scube blue, so just switch the cars...lol

6th Gear

Status
    NOT happening :P
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    NOT happening :P
    Wow cemerson you are quick on the draw, just admiring your choice of options!

6th Gear

Status
    Heh, just got lucky that I checked at this time!

I just thought if I'm going to get a new car and spend the money on it, then in for a penny, in for a pound - i'm going to make it the car I want! I think I've got a pretty good deal on it though, and I plan to keep the car for a long time so there's an element of 'futureproofing' in there too.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just looking at your options cemerson - I have also deselected the sports suspension. Have your seen a S-line on SE suspension in the metal? If so what do you think about the ride height?

4th Gear

Status
    Yes so I see, it's an amazing spec, probably the best I've seen. Not seen many scuba blue, and not seen any on the road yet. So if I do see one after sept it will probably be you!

6th Gear

Status
    Just looking at your options cemerson - I have also deselected the sports suspension. Have your seen a S-line on SE suspension in the metal? If so what do you think about the ride height?
    I've not really looked too hard at them when I have seen them, and I can't say it's something that bothers me really. Looks are less important to me than practicality, function, comfort etc. My current car isn't all that great over the bumps so I wanted something more comfortable, and all the reviews I've read says it handles better than the 8P (I drove an 8P for about 6 months as a company car), and worth removing - so I did.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Yes so I see, it's an amazing spec, probably the best I've seen. Not seen many scuba blue, and not seen any on the road yet. So if I do see one after sept it will probably be you!
    Heh, I've not seen any scuba blues either. Only a red occasionally on the way home from work going the other way. I do like the toys and gadgets on mine I get frustrated with my cruise control at the moment on the motorway in that i keep having to adjust it, turn it on and off etc, so very much looking forward to the ACC and the lane assist (making it a lot easier to stay in lane in crosswinds etc). To be honest, most of the stuff I've added is just there to make my life easier - acc, lane assist, side assist, variable range headlight control, auto lights, auto wipers etc etc - and make driving a lot more relaxing.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Heh, I've not seen any scuba blues either. Only a red occasionally on the way home from work going the other way. I do like the toys and gadgets on mine I get frustrated with my cruise control at the moment on the motorway in that i keep having to adjust it, turn it on and off etc, so very much looking forward to the ACC and the lane assist (making it a lot easier to stay in lane in crosswinds etc). To be honest, most of the stuff I've added is just there to make my life easier - acc, lane assist, side assist, variable range headlight control, auto lights, auto wipers etc etc - and make driving a lot more relaxing.
    When you get your car i'd be interested to hear your views on all your gadgets, particularly how the lane assist works in practice.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, though I saw someone else on here praise it so should be good! I did quite a lot of research before ordering, even going so far as to read the entire owners manual to see how all the options operated. You can find quite a few youtube videos of the lane assist in other cars being demonstrated too.

Status
    Pick up now scheduled for Saturday at 9am. My wife saw a transporter near Leicester today with several new SB's on but I have still not seen many on the road in Suffolk.
    Well, tomorrow will be a good day for you. I hope you manage to sleep ok tonight. Good luck with the collection tomorrow, look forward to some nice pics. Little tune to keep your mind busy. x

Take That - Patience - YouTube

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thank you Sandra - we're now getting very excited and do not have the same Patience as Take That! Great tune anyway. We walked past the dealership this evening and saw an A3 shape covered up with just the bottom of an alloy showing - must be our car.
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Thank you Sandra - we're now getting very excited and do not have the same Patience as Take That! Great tune anyway. We walked past the dealership this evening and saw an A3 shape covered up with just the bottom of an alloy showing - must be our car.
    Hope you have a really great day tomorrow. Dont forgetto take pic of the unveiling as well, lol. cant wait to see your pics. x

4th Gear

Status
    Good luck curlybob, you have some great options, enjoy! Mark

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers Mark. I hope to post some photos later this weekend. It has been sunny in Suffolk today but the weather doesn't look good for tomorrow. I think I will refuse to drive it out of the showroom if it is raining too hard!

Reverse Gear

Status
    This is it - collection in 1 hour 10 minutes!

Status
    This is it - collection in 1 hour 10 minutes!
    Is the weather nice, are you sitting outside the showroom yet? Have a great time, look forward to seeing the pics, im of to choose a final tune for collection. x

Reverse Gear

Status
    No it's raining and blustery - ideal conditions not. At least I will be able to check the that the auto wipers work.
    Belfin likes this.

Status
    No it's raining and blustery - ideal conditions not. At least I will be able to check the that the auto wipers work.
    Just 3minutes to go, enjoy. x

"I'm Singing in the rain", Gene Kelly - YouTube
    Belfin likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    #Jealous
    Sandra likes this.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post
    #Jealous
    Yours wont be long. x

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Yours wont be long. x
    Thanks Sandra although still not been given a build date?
    Sandra likes this.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Reverse Gear

Status
    Wow! Guys it is worth waiting for. More later.
    Belfin likes this.