EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

S line with se suspension

Has anyone drove s line with standard suspension? Wondering what it looks and feels like, does it wallow in corners etc?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Yes, I have one and my friend has just taken delivery of his with the same set up this afternoon. I find it excellent, can't say i've noticed wallowing into corners, and my previous A3 was on Sport suspension so i've had a good comparison. The photos of my car are here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...ml#post1819468

I also have some shots of both mine and my friend's A3 S-line with SE Suspension that I took this afternoon. Just sorting out uploading them!
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

5th Gear

Status
    I've stuck the photos up now, these are both S-line Sportbacks on SE Suspension.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...ml#post1896900
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    I've stuck the photos up now, these are both S-line Sportbacks on SE Suspension.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...ml#post1896900
    cheers mj cars look great, I've also orderd se sus' just not seen or drove one on that setting b4

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just got my S-line with SE suspension and is really nice. Feels just about right. The Sport suspension I had on a trial car was quite hard.

3rd Gear

Status
    You really need to drive them. Everyone's different. I have sport suspension on my s-line and a small part of me wishes I'd gone for s-line suspension.

I find the sport set up quite soft, contrary to the posts above.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Reverse Gear

Status
    Got SE suspension on my Sport and find it is perfect for the very poor roads we have around here. Certainly doesn't wallow and feels good around bends, but soaks up the bumps amazingly well.

Neutral

Status
    SE suspension on my s-line.

a35.jpg

It was one thing I wasn't sure about so as mentioned before it's a good thing to test drive as it is a very personal thing. I came from a leon fr and an ibiza fr and they both have very stiff set up that banged and crashed over the smoothest of roads. As my priorities changed went for comfort this time and have no complaints over the handling and is comfortable over all the road types I've been on. The sport set up that I test drove seemed a very good compromise though.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ukm120 View Post
    SE suspension on

It was one thing I wasn't sure about so as mentioned before it's a good thing to test drive as it is a very personal thing. I came from a leon fr and an ibiza fr and they both have very stiff set up that banged and crashed over the smoothest of roads. As my priorities changed went for comfort this time and have no complaints over the handling and is comfortable over all the road types I've been on. The sport set up that I test drove seemed a very good compromise though.
    thanks for your reply will stay with se susp'and must add I think your car looks great in white. Cheers!

Neutral

Status
    Would like to thank everyone for there input on my question, most helpful which is why I'm on this forum.cheers!