EM TuningBadger5
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dA3nny
  • 1 Post By dA3nny

Thread: Hello all! Down to 17 days to go from 112 days after some major luck!

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Stockton
    Posts
    42

    Talking Hello all! Down to 17 days to go from 112 days after some major luck!

    Hello all!
    New to the forum, ordered the A3 2.0 TDI Sport 3dr in brilliant black 3 weeks ago on a PCP
    Got a delivery date of around end of Sept,received a text last Friday stating they'd had a cancelled order to my spec so getting the car on 27th give or take a day or two! Over the moon as its my first Audi,and coming from a W reg vauxhall astra which has been running on 3 pots for 6 months!
    Any advise for a new Audi owner?
    Also as its a lease car what's everyone's view on mods,nothing heavy just some wind deflectors and tinting I'm thinking of as I kept the spec pretty standard to keep cost down!
    will post pics as soon as I take delivery of the little beauty!
    Danny :D!
    Sandra likes this.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    TreborA4's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    205
    Welcome to the forum!

    You can find lots of information on here!

    If it's not already here, just ask!

    I've had my A3 for just over two months and loving it!

    I bet you can't wait!

    Cheers!
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

    Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

  4. #3
    mjcourtney's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South England
    Posts
    1,039
    Excellent news!

    With regards mods: PCP technically means the car remains the property of the finance company until the debt is paid off. If you intend to hand the car back at the end of it you must make sure it's in good condition, so keep any mods to the tamer end of the scale or else you'll likely be stung for putting the car back to 'stock' at the end of the lease.

    That was a good spot of luck with the build date!
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

  5. #4
    Daveotto's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    906
    Welcome to the forum, you will certainly notice the difference as I did when i got my first Audi after driving a W reg Astra, Small world!!!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Stockton
    Posts
    42
    Lol yeah I don't think I'll believe the difference from the 2 cars lol!
    Not going heavy on the mods at all,just subtle changes here and there which I can take off at the end of the lease.
    Im sure tints can be removed.
    I wasn't too bad with the excitement knowing i was going to have to wait until september but now I'm like a kid at Christmas knowing its only 3 weeks away instead, very lucky getting it early!
    Another question I have is I've seen on eBay official SD card packs for the sat nav, does anyone know if these are a) legit and b) easy
    enough to install yourself
    Danny

  7. #6
    RossR's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    490
    Hi Danny,

    You've done well there. Must admit I'm slightly jealous.

    I see from your profile you're in Stockton. My wife works at the big Tescos (when she's not on maternity) and I work in Billingham!

    The sd card sat nav should be very easy to install. If they're going for less than £300 then they are unlikely to be legit though.

    Ross

  8. #7
    mjcourtney's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South England
    Posts
    1,039
    Careful with the maps. Although the SD cards may contain official maps the car needs the sat nav feature 'activating' at the main dealer, and the maps authorised from the SD card. It's £500 for the maps and licence from Audi, plus labour on top. It's not just a case of plug n play unfortunately.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

  9. #8
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,441
    Quote Originally Posted by dA3nny View Post
    Hello all!
    New to the forum, ordered the A3 2.0 TDI Sport 3dr in brilliant black 3 weeks ago on a PCP
    Got a delivery date of around end of Sept,received a text last Friday stating they'd had a cancelled order to my spec so getting the car on 27th give or take a day or two! Over the moon as its my first Audi,and coming from a W reg vauxhall astra which has been running on 3 pots for 6 months!
    Any advise for a new Audi owner?
    Also as its a lease car what's everyone's view on mods,nothing heavy just some wind deflectors and tinting I'm thinking of as I kept the spec pretty standard to keep cost down!
    will post pics as soon as I take delivery of the little beauty!
    Danny :D!
    Welcome Danny, since your the next to collect there car we need a seperate countdown thread for you. We will soon help keep you amused for the next 17 days. You will learn a lot on hear, you even get some countdown music as it nears collection day. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Stockton
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Welcome Danny, since your the next to collect there car we need a seperate countdown thread for you. We will soon help keep you amused for the next 17 days. You will learn a lot on hear, you even get some countdown music as it nears collection day. x
    lol this I like! I'll set one up now!
    Danny

  11. #10
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Stockton
    Posts
    42
    Thanks for the advice on the sat nav stuff I'm not bothered about the sat nav so much just not a fan of having a button that does nothing lol!
    RossR I'm assuming your in the local area then,do you know of any meets in the area? For proper audi enthusiasts not some corsa convention like teesside park lol!
    Danny
    mjcourtney likes this.

  12. #11
    RossR's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by dA3nny View Post
    Thanks for the advice on the sat nav stuff I'm not bothered about the sat nav so much just not a fan of having a button that does nothing lol!
    RossR I'm assuming your in the local area then,do you know of any meets in the area? For proper audi enthusiasts not some corsa convention like teesside park lol!
    Danny
    I commute from North Durham. Don't know if that counts as local? Can't say I know of any good meets but I'm sure someone else will be able to help.

  13. #12
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Stockton
    Posts
    42
    Fairly local as far as meeting on here within ten mins haha!
    ok ill have a noisy around and see what happens in the area
    Danny

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Hello all!
    By imported_dumpvalve in forum The Welcome Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2nd July 2004, 07:49
  2. hello all!!!
    By GadsS3 in forum The Welcome Section
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th May 2004, 17:16
  3. HELLO ALL - URGENT HELP REQUIRED - READ MY POST BE
    By leespears1 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st April 2004, 19:38
  4. Hello All
    By Toaduk in forum The Welcome Section
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th March 2004, 14:33
  5. Hello all
    By VuDuStetson in forum The Welcome Section
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th November 2003, 18:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO