JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Rear cup holders

Had a SB Sport for a week and thought I'd look for some of the minor things on the spec list, but just can't find the rear cup holders. Am I being thick or do they not exist despite the spec say they should?
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    On the 3-door they're on the outside front edge of the seats but that's obviously not possible with opening doors there so don't know where they'd be. It must have them though - there's no way they'd put them in the three door but not the five.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    On the 3-door they're on the outside front edge of the seats but that's obviously not possible with opening doors there so don't know where they'd be. It must have them though - there's no way they'd put them in the three door but not the five.
    I have seen them in a picture and I think they pull out from the centre section of the rear seats.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    They're in the rear centre armrest, but you only get one if you have through load.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

Yes you're right. They pull out from the centre armrest when it's in the lowered position and this armrest is part of the through load option.

The item is option 3NU on p65 of the current downloadable Pricing and Specification Guidewhich and reads as:

Through-load facility.
    For safely transporting long objects, includes rear centre armrest with cupholders and a storage compartment.

The main SE model equipment on p22 is wrong in implying that all SEs have cup holders in the rear. This is only true on the 3-door.
    Last edited by h5djr; 8th June 2013 at 11:07.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks to all respondents. Audi dealership has just confirm what H5 said having being flummoxed at first and having to look at a number of SBs to check. Looks like I'll have to return the car - can't live without rear cupholders......

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilConran View Post
    Thanks to all respondents. Audi dealership has just confirm what H5 said having being flummoxed at first and having to look at a number of SBs to check. Looks like I'll have to return the car - can't live without rear cupholders......
    joking?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by deci View Post
    joking?
    must be ?
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

1st Gear

Status
    I've got them in my SB in the rear as I specced load through which means you also get a rear arm rest.

They have not been used so far....two and a half months old and 5500 miles!
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by deci View Post
    joking?
    Definitely. Love it although secretly wishing I had gone for the S-Line. Got a chance to 'play' with Active Lane Assist at the weekend. Awesome technology.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilConran View Post
    Definitely. Love it although secretly wishing I had gone for the S-Line. Got a chance to 'play' with Active Lane Assist at the weekend. Awesome technology.
    Can't wait to get mine then
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack