EM TuningSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ste_Nova

Thread: Interior Lights in Xenon Light Package

Neutral

Status

Interior Lights in Xenon Light Package

Does anybody have any photos? I have them ordered it but I have never seen them in action, was just hoping they look good. So any photos or general thoughts would be good.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Oh and what are Puddle Lights?

Audi A3 1.8 TFSI

Status
    Puddle lights are in the bottom of each door that shine down on the ground so when you stop and open your door you can see if you are about to step into a 'puddle'.

Hope this helped.

5th Gear

Status
    Just to add, the A3 doesn't have puddle lights.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

6th Gear

Status
    Even with the interior light pack? I thought I had read somewhere that it did
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

5th Gear

Status
    Sadly not, it is a feature I would have liked on mine.

"Interior lighting package. Anti-glare lighting for the passenger compartment comprising door sill and footwell lighting at the
    front as well as illuminated inside door openers, vanity mirrors and illuminated cup holders, 2 reading lights each at the front
    and rear, LED interior ambient lighting and active door reflectors. Also available as part of the Xenon light package"
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am sure mine does have lights on the bottom of each door pointing downwards. Will check when I got home

Neutral

Status
    The lighting package on the 8P had puddle lights on the doors, I would be surprised if the 8v didn't, and a bit disappointed.
    On order A3 SB 1.6 TDI S-Line - Daytona Grey, Fine Nappa Leather, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Aluminium Roof Rails, Hold Assist, Park Assist Plus, 5 Year Warranty.
    Build Week 27 Delivery: 1st September.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by brad9753 View Post
    Oh and what are Puddle Lights?
    I ask MiT about the interior light package, and he said they do have puddle lights. see the main Pics thread post 335
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

5th Gear

Status
    Maybe that's what they mean by door sill lights? I could just be very unobservent! I'm used to puddle lights being on the bottom of the wing mirrors, but perhaps they actually on the bottom of the door and I've never noticed.

6th Gear

Status
    Possibly - I think BMWs put them behind the door handles so they do appear in different places on different cars
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    I think the 8P has them under the doors. Wing mirrors seems strange, as when you open the door the lights will swing away, and right where you need to see would be in the shadow of the door anyway surely?

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    I ask MiT about the interior light package, and he said they do have puddle lights. see the main Pics thread post 335
    i will confirm when i am in the car next time
    defo sure they do.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    yep there is a light under the door seal

20130608_232328.jpg
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

5th Gear

Status
    I eat my words. Another feature I knew nothing about!

5th Gear

Status
    my a6 has lights on the bottom of the door and in the wing mirror..... so which one is the puddle light?
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I think the 8P has them under the doors. Wing mirrors seems strange, as when you open the door the lights will swing away, and right where you need to see would be in the shadow of the door anyway surely?
    what if your returning to the car in the dark... the light in the bottom of the door is no good when you've stepped in dog **** before opening it
    Toadoftoadhall likes this.
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg