Chris NottEM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 2014 A3 Saloon @ Manchester Audi. Pics inside

2nd Gear

Status

2014 A3 Saloon @ Manchester Audi. Pics inside

Popped into Manchester Audi on my way home from work today.

They happened to have this saloon in for the day, release date is late October according to the sales lady

enjoy...

apologies for the poor interior pic below.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Damn that's growing on me!!

LED headlights too!
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    I like it!

1st Gear

Status
    Quite possibly my fiancés next car. I do like that a lot in the pictures above.

Neutral

Status
    I'm really liking the Saloon. If the RS3 Saloon is out in a couple years, then I might just be tempted. R8 will need replacing then.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow sammi On Twitter
    I really like the look of that :-)

2nd Gear

Status
    It does look nice from the side - kind of TT like. Doesn't fit my needs as well as the sportback though.

Looks nice. May be the answer to my problem of the Sportback luggage area being smaller than my existing Sportback. On the Audi Germany website the 2.0TDI-150 version is only listed with a manual gearbox but looking at the model codes in ETKA there is a 2.0TDI-150 version listed with an s-tronic due to start production in September. No 184hp version listed as yet.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    I like that

Neutral

Status
    Didn't think I'd like it but I do.

1st Gear

Status
    NICE

6th Gear

Status
    I seem to be the other way around to most - I don't like it as much as I thought I would.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

4th Gear

Status
    That's my next next car sorted
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    That looks ACE !!!!
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

6th Gear

Status
    My mrs is due a mobility car, and the A3 was an option audi offer, i like it, i hope she does!!
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

4th Gear

Status
    Wow that looks great. Ahhhhhh I will just have to be satisfied with my Sportback delivery in sept (not jealous one bit... Grrrrrrr)
    Last edited by A3sportbackMark; 7th June 2013 at 00:06.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Any idea when they can be ordered from or the price? still has TBC on the website.

1st Gear

Status
    Nice, but I can't see me ever buying one as it lacks the practicality of a hatch or sportback.

Its the first time I've noticed the lip of the wheel arches is indented.
    Louay likes this.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

Third Gear

Status
    I like it, no use to me though as mountain bikes won't fit in the back.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Neutral

Status
    I think the car looks great in isolation but on the roads it's just going to blend in with all the A4s out there.

I have just phoned Audi Customer Services to see if they had any schedule for this car going to other dealers. Needless to say the chap did not have a clue what I was talking about!! I even had to explain that Audi were making a Saloon version of the A3 as he said they only did a 3-door and a Sportback.

He did say he would talk to marketing and see if he could find out anything and call me back.
    VeeDubDan likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    I'm liking it ....my niggle is that it's a smaller A4...(is it a poor mans A4!?).I know that there'll be folk who maybe think the A4 is too big and therefore this would suit....but imagine rolling up alongside an A4 at the lights...hmm.......the hatch..is a car with it's own identity...I still like it though!
    A3 SB,1.4TFSi COD,S-Line, Privacy Glass, Daytona, Sat Nav

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I have just phoned Audi Customer Services to see if they had any schedule for this car going to other dealers. Needless to say the chap did not have a clue what I was talking about!! I even had to explain that Audi were making a Saloon version of the A3 as he said they only did a 3-door and a Sportback.

He did say he would talk to marketing and see if he could find out anything and call me back.
    It's amazing how little product knowledge rather a lot of people who work at Audi have, from all over the company. I had someone from their customer services tell me at the beginning of May that the Audi Connect system was 'not coming to the UK', despite numerous press releases and the fact that I was looking at the brochure. Unbelievable - dealer was the same as well, I definitely knew way more about the car I was ordering than him after only a bit of research on the internet - do they not train their people with this knowledge, or even tell their customer facing employees any new developments at the same time as their press releases go out?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    I told my dealership about the DAB radio, they had no idea, also I had to explain that I needed Audi connect to get the full functionality of the MMI system. They told me google maps etc came as standard on the tech pack. If I was a Audi sales rep, I would join this forum and become an expert. Lol
    On order A3 SB 1.6 TDI S-Line - Daytona Grey, Fine Nappa Leather, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Aluminium Roof Rails, Hold Assist, Park Assist Plus, 5 Year Warranty.
    Build Week 27 Delivery: 1st September.

1st Gear

Status
    Liking this also but needless to say once the roads are filled with them they won't continue to have that wow factor, an RS3 saloon however...

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V00D00 View Post
    I told my dealership about the DAB radio, they had no idea, also I had to explain that I needed Audi connect to get the full functionality of the MMI system. They told me google maps etc came as standard on the tech pack. If I was a Audi sales rep, I would join this forum and become an expert. Lol
    You don't even need to do that - just read the configurator or something! Or even the owners manual...

6th Gear

Status
    As for the car - it looks a bit 'boxy' to me from some angles.

2nd Gear

Status
    I certainly knew more about the A3 than the salesman. However I think he may have known more about the rest of the range.

Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    It's amazing how little product knowledge rather a lot of people who work at Audi have, from all over the company. I had someone from their customer services tell me at the beginning of May that the Audi Connect system was 'not coming to the UK', despite numerous press releases and the fact that I was looking at the brochure. Unbelievable - dealer was the same as well, I definitely knew way more about the car I was ordering than him after only a bit of research on the internet - do they not train their people with this knowledge, or even tell their customer facing employees any new developments at the same time as their press releases go out?
    The problem with Audi Customer Services are that they don't work for Audi at all but for an call centre who Audi employ to answer their customer services questions. Perhaps if Audi took the calls in-house the customer would get a better response.

Salesmen are different. They are employed by the dealer and should know about the product they are selling. Some do and some don't. In a lot of cases they are just salesmen and the product is almost irrelevant. The good ones tend to stand out from the crowd. The guy I deal with, and have done for the last 15 years, can answer almost any question I care to ask.
    Dave R (h5djr)

6th Gear

Status
    I actually borrowed the owner's manual from my dealer's demo car and read it to gain knowledge about the options etc
    Last edited by cemerson; 7th June 2013 at 20:29.
    Ste_Nova likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jrgraville View Post
    Any idea when they can be ordered from or the price? still has TBC on the website.
    The poster in the first photo says from £24275 OTR. It also implies only one engine in the form of the 1.4 COD.

4th Gear

Status
    I think its nice however in my personal opinion I prefer the Mercedes CLA if in AMG sport spec.

I do think the Audi will be better built and has a nicer interior but I love the exterior of the CLA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    The poster in the first photo says from £24275 OTR. It also implies only one engine in the form of the 1.4 COD.
    On the Audi Germany website at A3 Limousine there are three engines listed. 1.4COD, 1.8TFSI with s-tronic and 2.0TDI. The 2.0TDI is only listed with a manual gearbox although the ETKA software lists a s-tonic version to go into production in September.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Reverse Gear

Status
    gotta say, wish i could have waited to have this over my SB

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    sweet
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

It looks like the A3 Saloon is doing the rounds of the dealers. I have just had an email from my dealer, Huntingdon Audi, to say that they will be having it on 24/25 July.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sweet, my SB arrives tomorrow, but would have gone for the saloon, but was not ready in time..
    Still, not disappointed and cannot wait until tomorrow. 3years on Saloon looks like a sure bet !

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    I think its nice however in my personal opinion I prefer the Mercedes CLA if in AMG sport spec.

I do think the Audi will be better built and has a nicer interior but I love the exterior of the CLA
    Really? I think the Merc looks a bit too 'boy racer'. I think the A3 has a lot more class.

Neutral

Status
    Slightly dated thread but I have some newbie questions if you dont mind, could anyone tell me what colour this A3 is in please, glacier or amalfi as I really like it?
    Also I see someone mention the LED lights, in your expert opinions are they worth the extra money?
    I also noticed on drivethedeal that the LED lights werent available to be added as an extra therefore making comparisons difficult, any ideas why?

Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf Course), Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Fairly sure its Glacier White....
    Now driving: A3 8V Sportback in Glacier White. 1.4 TFSI SE

Interior Light Pack
    Interior Aluminium Elements
    Upgraded 17" Alloys

Free DAB as standard as of April 2013 sure was!!
    Cheerio: 2.0 TDCI Zetec Mondeo (should have been a good car but hasn't )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast