Will my order no longer be a 63 Plate?

brad9753

Reaction score
When I ordered my Audi, I asked for it to be out for the 63 plates. In September.

My first build week was week 31. This would work because I would have the car in September.

But I have just received an update that my build week is now 8th-14th July- week 28. The text said the car will be with them 3/4 weeks later.

This means it will be ready before September when the new plates are out, so does this mean that it won't be a 63 plate?

My build week is 27. I have asked for the dealer as above to hold onto it. They didn't have a problem with this.

Depends how much you want a 63 reg. Could try and negotiate a bit of discount for a 13? But as you are the customer the dealer should accommodate your request. Good luck.

I have a build week of 32, and the dealer asked if I wanted to wait for a 63 plate. But I guess your build is a bit earlier.
I have read on this forum there are a few with your uild date, and they are waiting for a 63 plate.

Does waiting for the "New Plate" really matter these days?

Come 3 years down the line, you might get a couple hundred quid more by having a 63 rather than a 13, but the state of the car will affect it's value more. If you wait for the 63 plate, the same dealer will still suck air through his teeth come trade-in and explain that if only it had been X or Y, or had option A or B, would the car be worth more.

But yes. Given it'll arrive just a couple weeks before September, then I'd ask the dealer to hang onto it.

Reactions: hittchy
Hi, I have a build week (no idea what number) but first week in July and being told car will be here first week of August and I too have told them to hold onto it for the 63 plate. You shouldn't have any issues with the dealer asking for this....just the pain of knowing that your new pride and joy will be sitting at a dealers for weeks before you get it.

I ordered March 23rd and really didn't expect this kind of wait...had I have known in advance, I would have gone for something else. Dealer promised June delivery before I ordered.

So do the new plates come out on the 1st of September? So I should be able to drive it away on Sunday the 1st September?

So do the new plates come out on the 1st of September? So I should be able to drive it away on Sunday the 1st September?

Bingo...on the 1st September, you should (Fingers Crossed) have your pride and joy!

My build week is 22, and the car will be at the Audi stealership in July, they already know I don't want to pick it up until Sunday the 1st September on a 63 plate, and they are happy with that :)

I was hoping to be the same but my build week is quite late (36). I'm really hoping they can bring it forwards and I can pick up on the 1st after all!