New price list on Audi UK website

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Audi UK have just added a new Pricing and Specification Guide, effective from May 2013 to their website. Some new photographs used but I've not spotting any other changes yet. I still think the best looking car is the one on page 80!!!

EDIT - Just realised it now contains details of the S3 as well as the A3.

Last edited:
I saw it last night located on Audi's brochure request section. Just wished it had included the 184ps TDI version. I want to put my order in. More frustration and more waiting on the horizon. At least as far as I can see there are no price increases evident on existing versions. The good news as well is that the S3 devotees must be pleased to see theirs in print now.

I think you'll be waiting until August for the 184PS, from what I've read elsewhere - I was in the same boat and decided to go with the 150 instead because I didn't want to wait that long

Just noticed the variable range headlight control has been reduced by £100 to £75 when you have it with the comfort pack (I think - there is some option that reduces it, not sure which)

Variable headlight range control. Upgrades the functionality of the Adaptive lights with the aid of a camera which detects other road users or light sources and allows infinitely variable adaptation of the headlight range between main and dipped beam. Only in combination with either Audi active lane assist (PCB) or Audi active lane assist and Audi side assist (7Y5) or driver assistance package (PCE), plus either Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus headlights (PXA) or Xenon light package (WB6) plus either Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with light and rain sensor package (PU7) or Comfort package (WBI). £175.00
In combination with Audi active lane assist or Driver assistance package. £75.00

Just copied the above from the price list, comfort pack is still £175.00

Wishful thinking cemerson lol, we could never be that lucky

C02 emissions have also been reduced for the 1.4 122ps Sportback, from 123g to 120g.
Which means road tax reduced from £100 to £30 a year :yes:

Interestingly, and contrary to previous consensus, the S3 doesn't come with LED headlights as standard. They don't even appear to be available as an option yet.

C02 emissions have also been reduced for the 1.4 122ps Sportback, from 123g to 120g.
Which means road tax reduced from £100 to £30 a year :yes:

Audi have obviously found an even more fairy toed test driver for their emissions tests :yes:

Yes it's called a computer!!

Do you think this applies immediately to ones waiting for build?

The 2014 Model Year production for the A3 started on 1 June 2013 so I would assume any cars/engines supplied after that date will be to the new spec.

shows the prices if I look on audi uk on the iphone

but if I go on my laptop s3 prices are stil tbc??

I doubt it as you already own yours ? The C02 emissions will be stated on your V5 document.

I remember a similar debacle regarding the A1 1.6TDI's emissions being reduced from 105g to 99g. Caused no end of confusion.

I doubt it as you already own yours ? The C02 emissions will be stated on your V5 document.

I remember a similar debacle regarding the A1 1.6TDI's emissions being reduced from 105g to 99g. Caused no end of confusion.
yea i was thinking that. Could i complain to Audi uk and get them to adjust my v5 re typo etc?

You could give it a try and attempt to wangle some discount off servicing etc. But your car is stuck with whatever co2 emissions that came out of the factory.

The engine hasn't changed in any way though so it just seems complete ******** on Audis part.

The engine hasn't changed in any way though so it just seems complete ******** on Audis part.

How do you know if it has or has not changed. Audi engineers are always working on development of the various engines to improve the C02 and fuel consumption. At the moment their are, for example, 3 different engine codes for the 122 1.4 engine. CMBA which was used from 04/12 to 05/13. CXSA used from 05/13 onwards which will be revised version used for the 2014MY and a new CXSB 125 version which will be used from 09/13. All of these are available as manual or 7-speed s-tronic.

The test are carried out to a strick EU criteria and are computer controlled with engines not mounted in cars. All manufacturers have to use the ame criteria so that cars can be compared and is part of the Type Approval system.

Variable headlight range control. Upgrades the functionality of the Adaptive lights with the aid of a camera which detects other road users or light sources and allows infinitely variable adaptation of the headlight range between main and dipped beam. Only in combination with either Audi active lane assist (PCB) or Audi active lane assist and Audi side assist (7Y5) or driver assistance package (PCE), plus either Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus headlights (PXA) or Xenon light package (WB6) plus either Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with light and rain sensor package (PU7) or Comfort package (WBI). £175.00
In combination with Audi active lane assist or Driver assistance package. £75.00

Just copied the above from the price list, comfort pack is still £175.00

Wishful thinking cemerson lol, we could never be that lucky

It is a new thing that it's cheaper with those though, as when I put in my Audi code into the configurator now the list price is £100 less than it was, and I think that's the cause

That link refers to Xenons and LED DRLs and taillights. LED headlights are different altogether

It's sort of a bit confused... I'm sure the picture shows the LED lights, as though they changed all the wording in a hurry

Yeah, that's exactly the same mistake they had in the printed brochures for a while too. The photo was of the LED headlights, but the text described the Xenons with LED DRLs. The photo is the error, not the text.

The test are carried out to a strick EU criteria and are computer controlled with engines not mounted in cars. All manufacturers have to use the ame criteria so that cars can be compared and is part of the Type Approval system.

The engines are not mounted in cars when tested? I thought the emissions and fuel consumption tests were part of the same test done on a rolling road - I presume simulating air and tyre resistence. Otherwise, no wonder official figures are worth nought.

So the weight and aerodynamics of the vehicle have nothing to do whatsoever with the official figures.

What a total joke.

So the weight and aerodynamics of the vehicle have nothing to do whatsoever with the official figures.

What a total joke.

The rolling road is supposed to simulate both the momentum of the vehicle and the dynamic resistance.

They are still a joke but for other reasons. If you piece together two of the acceleration parts of the extra-urban cycle you get 0-62mph in 76 seconds! That's how light footed you need to be to replicate them.

Lots of details on Wikipedia: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_European_Driving_Cycle

The rolling road is supposed to simulate both the momentum of the vehicle and the dynamic resistance.

They are still a joke but for other reasons. If you piece together two of the acceleration parts of the extra-urban cycle you get 0-62mph in 76 seconds! That's how light footed you need to be to replicate them.

Lots of details on Wikipedia: New European Driving Cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's for the mpg test, not the emissions one

Not sure, I thought they were separate... could be though

Emissions doesn't really affect much other than your tax though, so I would have thought a test that is that unrepresentative of real driving would work in everyone's favour - but the mpg figures can vary massively for the same reason

Here are some of the 'cheats' used by manufacturers to get the best mpg and theirfore CO2 figurers for their cars. The details are taken from Wikipedia.

The major loopholes in the current EU tests allow car manufacturers a number of ‘cheats’ to improve results. Car manufacturers can:

• Disconnect the alternator, thus no energy is used to recharge the battery;
  • Use special lubricants that are not used in production cars, in order to reduce friction;
  • Turn off all electrical gadgets i.e. Air Con/Radio;
  • Adjust brakes or even disconnect them to reduce friction;
  • Tape up cracks between body panels and windows to reduce air resistance;
  • Remove Wing mirrors.

I suppose, as these are almost certainly used by all manufacturers, the mpg tests are still probably a reasonable way to compare one car with another but their is no way the same figures will be achieved in normal day to day driving. Also the lower the manufacturers can get the C02 figures the less Road Tax we have to pay.

Interesting!

But does taping up cracks between body panels and removing wing mirrors have any effect on a test on a rolling road? I'd have thought not.

Ian

I have just received a copy of the Summer 2013 Audi Magazine. In the Technology section their is an article called Audi fuel and CO2 figures explained. Here are some of the items from that article:

How are Audi C02 and mpg figures obtained?
Audi tests its vehicles in a laboratory on a dynamometer (rolling road). The tests are carried out to strict adherence with European guidelines.

Why not drive the car on the road?
It is essential that each vehicle is tested in exactly the same manner. It would be impossible to achieve this on the road due to infinite variations in road and weather conditions and driving styles.

How are they carried out?
The Urban Cycle test is carried out at an ambient temperature of 20-30 degrees C with an engine that has not been run for several hours. The test consists of a series of acceleration runs, steady speeds, decelerating and idling over a distance of 2.5 miles, during which the vehicle achieves a maximum speed of 31 mph and an average speed of 12 mph.
The Extra-Urban Cycle test is conducted straight after the Urban test. Around half of the test consists of steady-speed driving, with the remainder consisting of acceleration runs and decelerations and some idling. The vehicle covers a distance of 4.3 miles, reaching a maximum speed of 75 mph and an average of 39 mph.
The Combined fuel figure is an average of the Urban and Extra-Urban Cycle tests.

Why might I not be able to obtain the same results on the road?
Firstly, as it is not practical to test every individual new car, your Audi may produce a better or worse result that that of similar vehicle tested. Secondly different roads, weather and driving style may affect the result.

So why are the figures useful?
While the figures are for guidance only, they do enable you to compare the results not only with other Audi models but also with models from other manufacturers as all EU car manufacturers use the same method for obtaining the C02 and mpg figures.

I had said some 3 weeks or more ago in the thread MY14 Brochure now available online "I notice that the manual 1.4 TFSI Sport and S-line fall into a £30 annual road tax category (after the first year) whereas the SE falls into the £105 road tax category, which I assume is due to the lack of Drive Select as standard on the SE".

AJB had responded: "I wonder if that's a typo. I think they may have just copied the 3 door figures by mistake for Sport and S-Line, but not for SE. The technical details table near the back doesn't have different figures for the different trim levels..."

So is it an error or are Audi claiming lower CO2 g/km for vehicles fitted with Drive Select?

So why are the figures useful?
While the figures are for guidance only, they do enable you to compare the results not only with other Audi models but also with models from other manufacturers as all EU car manufacturers use the same method for obtaining the C02 and mpg figures.[/I]

This last bit from Audi is precisely what I firmly believe you can no longer do.

As someone pointed out, the accelerations used in the test are so gentle that manufacturers are able to get larger engined (and heavier) cars to perform, if not as frugally, then almost as frugally as smaller engined cars.

It is only when you apply the throttle in a way more closely resembling real driving that the difference grows dramatically.

Ok, no big deal when comparing a luxury barge with a city car - no one is stupid enough to believe the figures.

But how do you know how a 320d will perform compared with an A4 2.0 TDI in real life, even if on paper they are very similar? Well, if my experience is anything to go by, then you don't, as the A4 is dire compared with the BMW.

Only with the help of What Car? and others do consumers get an idea of how well (or badly) a car might perform real life.

But why should we have to when we have already paid and continue pay millions of pounds for some eurocrats to devise a test and then others to administer it. It's a farce.

It's the equivalent of testing the battery life of a laptop by simply starting up and letting it idle. No sane person would accept that as a proper test.

The EU should analyse the driving habits of the average driver, and use that as a basis of the test. Watch those official figures drop like a stone!