Badger5Chris Nott
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 97catalunya
  • 1 Post By cemerson

Thread: Just ordered my new A3 S-Line

3rd Gear

Status

Just ordered my new A3 S-Line

First of all hello guys, just found this forum and you guys look like a wealth of knowledge ;-)

Ok just ordered my first Audi (first new car too) so very new to all of this lol. Ordered the car 2 days ago and very excited already.

Ok looking for advise and also a few questions I forgot to ask the sales guy.

Have ordered an A3 S-Line 1.8 S-Tronic with the following options.
    Solid Brilliant Black
    Comfort pack
    Technology Pack
    Comfort Pack
    Parking System Plus
    Reversing Cam
    Folding Mirrors
    Interior Lighting
    B&O Sound System
    A-Glaze
    Sport Suspention

So have I missed any obvious options that that are a real must have or have I ordered anything that I don't really need?

1. I live in a town where the roads are generally good but speed humps down my road, was sports dampers the right choice over S-Line set up?
    2. Non metallic paint? They didn't have a car with this paint but having ticked so many options had to cut back somewhere lol, will it still look nice or does it kill the bling factor?
    3. Tech pack (PNQ) Does this include weather and traffic updates etc, didn't see an option for Audi Connect?
    4. Hill hold assist, is it needed with S-Tronic?
    5. Advanced Key. Was I silly not to order it? I didn't as the useful thing would be if it locked the car as you walked away but I understand it doesn't?

Anyway that's my car and my questions so thank you in advance for your replies and sorry for being a total noob. Just worried as never spent that much on a car before lol ;-)

Chris...
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Loving the spec, suspension is a very personal choice, I have the exact same main spec but with the s-line suspension which is a little hard for me to be honest as i have some savage speed bumps on my estate but it corners like its on rails..

one extra that I rarely see people add is the audi phone box but I love it, again it depends how you use the car but I have a 1.5 hour commute on the m25 and I used to lose calls every morning and evening. I don't think I have lost a single call since I had my a3 and having a USB charging port is nice as it doesn't require a cumbersome 12v to usb converter.
    Glacier White 1.8TFSI A3 S-Line 3-door S-Tronic, Nuff said....

6th Gear

Status
    Audi connect isn't on the website currently but your dealer should be able to order it. The standard tech pack doesn't include it.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    I'd love to have been able to order the Phonebox, but it isn't compatible with Audi Connect for some reason. I'm hoping it's because since Connect already connects to my phone using RSAP, it can connect to the external aerial that way, rather than having to have a separate system for it. I'd quite like the USB point though, but I'm hoping I may be able to retro-fit one myself at some point.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Wow thanks for the quick replies.

I like the idea of the phone box but we get really good reception around our way so I am not sure how much of a benefit it would be.

So Audi connect needs "Phone Prep High" I see this is about £350 on the A1 so I'm guessing its the same for the A3. But my other half and I both have iPhone 5's so I understand it won't work for us anyway, I know you can pop a SIM card in the car but this then overrides the bluetooth connection to the phone?

Oh and how are you finding the B&O system? They didn't have an A3 in the dealership fitted with it but they did an A5 so I'm really hoping it is up to the same spec.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post

I like the idea of the phone box but we get really good reception around our way so I am not sure how much of a benefit it would be.

So Audi connect needs "Phone Prep High" I see this is about £350 on the A1 so I'm guessing its the same for the A3. But my other half and I both have iPhone 5's so I understand it won't work for us anyway, I know you can pop a SIM card in the car but this then overrides the bluetooth connection to the phone?

Oh and how are you finding the B&O system? They didn't have an A3 in the dealership fitted with it but they did an A5 so I'm really hoping it is up to the same spec.
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net and welcome to the 8v section, nice friendly group in here. Enjoy the forum. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by manmoth View Post
    Loving the spec, suspension is a very personal choice, I have the exact same main spec but with the s-line suspension which is a little hard for me to be honest as i have some savage speed bumps on my estate but it corners like its on rails..

one extra that I rarely see people add is the audi phone box but I love it, again it depends how you use the car but I have a 1.5 hour commute on the m25 and I used to lose calls every morning and evening. I don't think I have lost a single call since I had my a3 and having a USB charging port is nice as it doesn't require a cumbersome 12v to usb converter.
    Thanks manmoth.

Will the iPhone not charge from the AMI cable? I'm guessing I will have an AMI cable in the car lol, I think the salesman was more interested in the sale than telling us about the car, I have had to learn everything for myself online :-/

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net and welcome to the 8v section, nice friendly group in here. Enjoy the forum. x
    Thanks Sandra

I am learning learning more from this forum already than I did from the showroom! Although you will prob all get fed up with me asking questions ha ha. I just want to get the right car, nothing will be worse than picking it up and thinking "I wish I had ordered that"
    Already I'm thinking about audi connect or phone box? Lol
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Thanks Sandra

I am learning learning more from this forum already than I did from the showroom! Although you will prob all get fed up with me asking questions ha ha. I just want to get the right car, nothing will be worse than picking it up and thinking "I wish I had ordered that"
    Already I'm thinking about audi connect or phone box? Lol
    You will get lots of help and support from everyone in here. Dont be afraid to ask anything you like. We wont get tired helping you. When you finally order, we will be there every step of the way on the countdown to collection. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

6th Gear

Status

Yup, it's 'Technology pack with phone prep high + Audi Connect' or something - comes in at 1795 so 300 extra for Audi Connect.

You can't currently use the iPhone with it but a software update means you can use separate sim cards and still have the bluetooth connection, according to the brochure.

http://www.cemerson.co.uk/downloads/audiconnect.pdf

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Yup, it's 'Technology pack with phone prep high + Audi Connect' or something - comes in at 1795 so 300 extra for Audi Connect.

You can't currently use the iPhone with it but a software update means you can use separate sim cards and still have the bluetooth connection, according to the brochure.

http://www.cemerson.co.uk/downloads/audiconnect.pdf
    Thanks Cemerson
    That's really interesting, glad they have done something about it as Apple won't! Now the question is with the standard Tech Pack do I get traffic updates and re routing on the sat nav (like I do with Tom Tom now) or do I need to upgrade the Tech Pack? This is a feature I would use, realistically I won't use it to check facebook/twitter etc, my phone acts as a WiFi hotspot so don't really need that either?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    You will get lots of help and support from everyone in here. Dont be afraid to ask anything you like. We wont get tired helping you. When you finally order, we will be there every step of the way on the countdown to collection. x
    Thanks again Sandra.

We ordered our A3 on Saturday but like i say the sales guy was more interested in just getting a sale and not that knowledgeable (he admitted he had only been there 3 months) he told us we needed to order the Tech Pack in order to get front and rear parking sensors? I have already been back and changed parking plus and cruise control to Comfort Pack with front sensors as only extra £30, he should have pointed that out really. So not that confident with him at the moment.

6th Gear

Status
    I don't think that's true - often salesmen don't know much about it (I certainly knew more than my salesman about it!), and knowledge is power
    Sandra likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I don't think that's true - often salesmen don't know much about it (I certainly knew more than my salesman about it!), and knowledge is power
    I agree wish I had found this forum before we ordered. Have been looking at the new catalogue posted online and they have added the mobile phone prep high. Is this an upgrade worth adding? We both run iPhone 5's so will have to put a SIM card in the car, I understand you can still use your phone via bluetooth now when you insert a sim into the car, am I right in thinking the is the only way to get live traffic updates and reroutes on the sat nav?
    The dealer has now placed the order but not given us a build date yet.
    So excited 😃

Neutral

Status

Just ordered my new A3 S-Line

Hi,

MY14 Q5's allow simultaneous use of the SIM slot for data and iPhone hands free. And I have also been told there will be an update for older cars, but no date for that yet.

Hopefully this will be the case for the while Audi range.
    The A3 MY14 brochure confirms it as well on page 61...
    http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...4_04.06.13.pdf

I would suggest you confirm you have this option on your order...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi SQ5 Glacier White, 21" alloys, Black Leather, and all the other options except the Pano Roof. (For sale - PM me!)
    Audi S1 Vegas Yellow, 18" alloys, Black Leather, and all the other options except the Pano Roof. (On order)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by josedebardi View Post
    Hi,

MY14 Q5's allow simultaneous use of the SIM slot for data and iPhone hands free. And I have also been told there will be an update for older cars, but no date for that yet.

Hopefully this will be the case for the while Audi range.
    The A3 MY14 brochure confirms it as well on page 61...
    http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...4_04.06.13.pdf

I would suggest you confirm you have this option on your order...

Hey thanks for the confirmation but I think I have decided to stick the the standard tech pack as this will still give me dynamic re routing (all be it not as accurate as with audi connect).
    Had to cut back somewhere as just upgraded to the advanced key and Daytona Grey

Neutral

Status
    I have to say dynamic rerouting based on TMC is a bit of a joke... Only serves major roads. But I think advanced key is well worth having over Audi connect so good choice!

Audi SQ5 Glacier White, 21" alloys, Black Leather, and all the other options except the Pano Roof. (For sale - PM me!)
    Audi S1 Vegas Yellow, 18" alloys, Black Leather, and all the other options except the Pano Roof. (On order)