EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Zig
    Neutral

Status

V5C Registration Certificate & Statement of Insurance

If you have an A3 Sportback does your V5C in Section 4. Vehicle Details Sub-Section D.3 Model mention Sportback?

In ours it just states "A3 SE TFSI" although in Sub-Section D.5 Body Type it does state "5 DOOR HATCHBACK".

The problem is that the Statement of Insurance against Make and Model just states "AUDI A3 SE" and no where does it state that the vehicle is a Sportback or that it has 5 doors. The Certificate of Motor Insurance just has the registraton number.

My concern is that this gives the insurance company a way out, and not pay up, on the basis that the car being driven is different from that which they have insured.

Any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Best option is to write to them or ring them, ask your question and ask them to send you an amended version stating that your vehicle has 5 doors

My insurance certificate just states the Registration Number and does mention the make or model at all. The Registration number is enough to tie up with the DVLA records for the make and model, colour, engine size and everything else.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    My insurance certificate just states the Registration Number and does mention the make or model at all. The Registration number is enough to tie up with the DVLA records for the make and model, colour, engine size and everything else.
    Many cars are registered incorrectly, I'd personally call the insurer to check they have the correct model and spec.
    Sky Insurance
    Tel No: 03303 331 250
    Fax No: 01707 622 738
    Mailto: carclubs@skyinsurance.co.uk

Websites: www.skyinsurance.co.uk

Zig
    Neutral

Status
    skyinsurance - We have been in contact with the insurance company.

To give some of the history, we advised that the vehicle was as "AUDI A3 Sportback SE". However, in the initial Statement of Insurance, against Make and Model it stated "AUDI A3 Sport", so we got in contact with them and advised that was not correct.

In the updated Statement of Insurance that came through it stated "AUDI A3 SE", which is better but still no mention that the vehicle was a Sportback or that it had 5 doors. So they were phoned once again, they took the details and we are now waiting for them to phone back.

Part of the problem may be that the insurance company may now lifting information from DVLA. Hence the initial question if you have an A3 Sportback does your V5C in Section 4. Vehicle Details Sub-Section D.3 Model mention Sportback?

In ours it just states "A3 SE TFSI" although in Sub-Section D.5 Body Type it does state "5 DOOR HATCHBACK". So is this what you would typically expect to see for a Sportback?

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    Hello Zig,

My car was registered towards the end of May. There is no mention of the word Sportback in the V5C document.

Section 4 in the V5C says the model is A3 S-Line TDI and for body type it states 5Door Hatchback.

With regards to my insurance it is noted as an A3 Sportback (5door model). The insurance representative did struggle to match the car registration plate with a model/type etc... on their system and had to override.

I think 5 door hatchback is what you would typically expect to see for a sportback.

Zig
    Neutral

Status
    Thanks SJW, what is recorded on our V5C is in line with what is recorded on your V5C so it must just be a problem that the insurance company are having in either identifying the vehicle as a Sportback or a 5 door model.