• 1 Post By 97catalunya
  • 1 Post By holly35
  • 1 Post By royalsteve68

Thread: Newbie!

Reverse Gear

Status

Newbie!

Morning guys

Been mooching around for a few weeks now so thought I'd better post!

After years of driving SEATs I've been offered a company car. Choice was between a Golf, V40 or A3 and after a lot of research I've decided on the A3 Sportback 1.6TDi Sport in Amalfi with cruise, park system plus and tyre pressure monitor

The lease company should order it in the next couple of weeks and hopefully I'll get a short build date - should get it for the September plate change although given comments from you guys it might be new year before it's here!

Really looking forward to the new motor, had the 1.6TDi in a previous Leon and it's a cracking little engine, nippier than you'd think and obviously great on fuel and tax for the company car driver. I always thought the SEAT needed a 6-speed box so the A3 driving experience should be great

Great site by the way!

I feel another countdown thread coming on...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Good morning and welcome to audi-sport.net. Sounds like a nice spec on the car, time will fly in and we can have another countdown, i think iirc we are on 5 or 6 countdowns at the moment. Glad your enjoying the site, lots of very helpful people in here. Enjoy the forum. x
    AlnSaz likes this.
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Our car administrator hasn't been forthcoming with info but I've found out that the order was placed mid-June on a 21 week lead time. This was recently changed to 18 weeks so I reckon end of October delivery

It seems an age away but I'm sure it'll fly in. I've requested the order information, build date etc so I can monitor progress!

I've been given a long term Focus Zetec TDi hire car meantime and I must say it's a good drive. The interior lacks the quality of VAG group stuff I'm used to but it's a decent motor

I'm expecting the move from Ford to Audi to be a revelation!

2nd Gear

Status
    I tested a ford focus zetec s, and wasn't expecting much, but was a good likeable car as you said and looked really good.
    I can see why they sell a lot as no major flaws, but when I drove the A3 very soon after there is no comparison, everything is a big step up especially in terms quality and all the little details and thought that have gone into it really add up to a lot more than the price difference. I think you'll be extremely pleased.
    AlnSaz likes this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

6th Gear

Status
    Fords are pretty overpriced these days anyway
    AlnSaz likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I know I was shocked! Before ordering the Audi I looked at the Fiesta Titanium X (for all of 5mins) bringing it close to the spec of the A1 (what I was looking at at the time) it was actually a bit more expensive, and you would always only be driving a ford with scratchy plastics etc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    AlnSaz likes this.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

6th Gear

Status
    I did the same with the A3/Focus. Not only is their online configurator really unhelpful / not easy to use, the car ends up more expensive anyway - what's the point?!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    When my wife was shopping for her current car (a Seat Ibiza) she visited a Ford dealership. Started discussing what she was after and very quickly was told "Ford don't make cheap cars anymore", so she walked out. The Ibiza isn't as good as an Audi, but for the money it's pretty good. I don't understand why Ford have such a high market share.

3rd Gear

Status
    I think a lot of people opt for ford because they consider it a "safe sensible" option because they haven't bothered to explore any other options.
    Also living in Essex everyone I know that has a new ford bought it on a ford ticket and everyone seems to know someone who works for ford lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

2nd Gear

Status
    I think alot of people 'go with the flow ' as they are so popular how can every body be wrong sort of thing & the press gives them good write ups, but not sure why as are very average. i was offered £5000 of a £20000 car because it was an 3 month old ex demo with 1500 miles on clock ! so depreciation is going to be really bad on these.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well its been a long time! After various internal problems and a fight with the administrator (and his boss!) my car was ordered this week! Its a long story but I was so disappointed to find the original order (June '13) was 'misplaced' then various internal delays until now. It now looks like an early May delivery. The endless stream of rental cars will come to an end soon - and for the current Hyundai i30 that can't be too soon...not the worst car in the world but sooooo boring, harsh riding at times and the wheels look so undersized

To throw a spanner in the works, just before the order was placed, I was offered an A3 Sportback SE model in brilliant black with cruise and colour DIS - expected delivery 2-3 weeks. I was tempted to take it just to get an Audi on the driveway but what's another 3 months and its only £7 more a month on tax for the Sport so I'll wait. First Audi and first company motor so I'd rather choose the spec

Anyway, here's hoping there are no problems and my Amalfi Sportback 1.6TDi with cruise, park system plus and tyre pressure monitor will be here on a 14 plate in the early Spring
    On order Amalfi White A3 Sportback 1.6TDi Sport, cruise, parking system plus and tyre pressure monitor. Due May 2014

1st Gear

Status
    Mine was around 3.5 months from order to build

3rd Gear

Status
    Welcome to the world of Audi quality, well I hope you don't suffer any problems.
    Steeve

3rd Gear

Status
    people buy fords, vauxhalls and French cars as in the past you get big discounts, especially if they are a year old but I think those days have gone. I saw a high spec citroen ds3 at the gadget show and was staggered at its £28K price tag
    Last edited by royalsteve68; 1st February 2014 at 00:40.
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

5th Gear

Status
    No the big discounts can still be achieved. Go look at any internet brokers websites and the fleet discounts can still be had...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Looking forward to audi quality. Was a SEAT fanatic for 10 years and 6 different cars and liked the VAG for less cash appeal. Hope the step up is all I expect it to be
    On order Amalfi White A3 Sportback 1.6TDi Sport, cruise, parking system plus and tyre pressure monitor. Due May 2014

Reverse Gear

Status
    The wait is killing me! Delivery first week in May so only a few weeks to go...

Neutral

Status
    Also waiting on a A3 sportback in amalfi.Really nice colour and a change from the usual much seen harsher glacier.I love the way it gives you a bright white in sunlight and a very subtle soft off-white in dull light.Seams to suit the A3 better than the A1.
    Funny how some cars suit white while other just dont.
    I also specd privacy glass which also highlights and contrast well against amalfi.
    Oh yes,and welcome from the East -side!
    AlnSaz likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post

agreed, saw a ford kuga parked outside my local costco on a deal - it was not far off top of the range but at £33000 my eyes were watering as I kept thinking "its a ford". competent cars but for that money id want some luxury

For the exact same money I met someone at a football match who recently bought a 2010 plate jag XK R (rrp £96K) - now that's worth it (though not the rrp as id rather have an r8 or Nissan gtr)
    AlnSaz likes this.
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support