Potential New A3 owner and Forum Newbie

CrypticMG

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been browsing this site now for the past few weeks, and thought I would go ahead and join the Audi scene. I am in the Warrington area and currently in the process of buying my next car the A3. Looking at a 1.2 TFSI Sport 105ps with the following options;

Glacier White, metallic
Black-Silver Rallye cloth
17" 5 arm kinetic alloy wheels
Advanced key
Comfort pack - cruise control - acoustic parking system
Deselect sport suspension
Electric folding door mirrors
Technology pack
Xenon lighting pack

I just wanted your opinions on the options I have chosen and if you think I have missed out few ' must have's '..? The current ROTR on the Audi configurator is £23,525. But I have been on a few broker sites and seen £21,695 through orange wheels. In the process of seeing if my local dealers; Warrington, Liverpool, Bolton, Manchester can beat this.. (Hopeful) :whistle2:.

Just wondered what kind of discounts/deals you guys have managed to get, as I don't fancy paying list price!

Any info / tips will be much much appreciated..

Last edited:
​Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read through the threads in this section, lots of info and very friendly helpful people. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Reactions: CrypticMG
Welcome, think you have selected most of the popular options, would consider the hold assist as is pretty good by all accounts for less than £100, search for the thread on the topic for more info.

think you are pretty much spot on with the discount levels of around 8%

Hold assist is popular. I got 7% off the car list price and 6.1% APR finance on mine.

I haven't seen the advanced key as an option to add? :S Atleast not in the brochure..

thanks for the info guys, i was considering hill hold assist, but as i've never had it before i was unsure as to how much use i would have out of it.. What do you think of it, how much do you use it? Did anyone get that discount through your local dealer or was it through a broker? Liverpool audi originally told me that they will only discount the car by £500. And i am looking at delivery around Sept/Oct if i order mid June..

thanks for the info guys, i was considering hill hold assist, but as i've never had it before i was unsure as to how much use i would have out of it.. What do you think of it, how much do you use it? Did anyone get that discount through your local dealer or was it through a broker? Liverpool audi originally told me that they will only discount the car by £500. And i am looking at delivery around Sept/Oct if i order mid June..

Be weary on delivery date, November might be more realistic unless you are lucky

I was told all that too (including the fact that the maximum discount he'd offered anyone was £500 so far - probably says that to everyone), on delivery date he did show me an order from 2 weeks before I was in that was build week 24 - must have got lucky, mine ended up being 36.

Be weary on delivery date, November might be more realistic unless you are lucky

yeah thats possible, must depend on what options you select, i know a mate that ordered a 1.4 Sportback having an expected delivery of September, added the panoramic roof after much consideration and was told mid December