Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Colin1973
  • 1 Post By mitchd
  • 1 Post By A3sportbackMark

Thread: Delayed delivery??

Reverse Gear

Status

Delayed delivery??

Hiya, Im new to this forum but I have to say I am very impressed with the wealth of knowledge.
    I have on order- A3 SB, 2.0 TDI, Daytona Grey, Advanced Key, B&O, All Roof Rails, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Nappa Leather, Heated front seats, Hill hold, Int light package, Teck package, Tyre pressure, 18" Tittanium Matt boots...........Also with Privacy glass

I contacted the dealer to de-select the privacy glass as I have seen photos which in my opinion make it look like a drug dealers car.

I have heard that any changes made to the order will effectively put my car to the back of the que. I have been given a build date of mid Sept. Not sure if this change will have an effect??
    Sandra likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin1973 View Post
    Hiya, Im new to this forum but I have to say I am very impressed with the wealth of knowledge.
    Also with Privacy glass I contacted the dealer to de-select the privacy glass as I have seen photos which in my opinion make it look like a drug dealers car.

I have heard that any changes made to the order will effectively put my car to the back of the que. I have been given a build date of mid Sept. Not sure if this change will have an effect??
    Welcome Colin. Your statement about privacy glass being associated with drug dealing car owners - cracked me up.

Sometimes amending your order can be hit and miss with affecting build dates. I chose not to alter anything as at the time other forum members had said the alteration had put back their build dates. Having said that, others have amended their order several times with very little impact on the original build date. I even think in some cases it brought the build date forward. I would certainly work on it having a negative impact.

Status
    ​Welcome to audi-sport.net Colin. Anither new car to look forward to in this section. Enjoy the forum. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Third Gear

Status
    I made a couple of changes to my order, last one about a month ago and the car is now built and on route to the UK 3 months early.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Personally I'd keep the privacy glass for security & heat reasons, its not just the look, for example, I fitted mine to a car in Italy because obviously the heat is a fair bit less tbh & the kid in the back doesn't suffer near as much, I'd keep it if I was you.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin1973 View Post
    I have on order- A3 SB, 2.0 TDI, Daytona Grey, Advanced Key, B&O, All Roof Rails, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Nappa Leather, Heated front seats, Hill hold, Int light package, Teck package, Tyre pressure, 18" Tittanium Matt boots...........Also with Privacy glass

I contacted the dealer to de-select the privacy glass as I have seen photos which in my opinion make it look like a drug dealers car.

Hi Colin, when did you originally order the car?

1st Gear

Status

Whaaaaat!lol...I'll have to find another way of peddling!....keep it keep it...look>>>>>
    ESSAI AUDI A3 SPORTBACK - CCM MEDIA - YouTube
    A3 SB,1.4TFSi COD,S-Line, Privacy Glass, Daytona, Sat Nav

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNorthernBoy View Post
    Hi Colin, when did you originally order the car?

I ordered the car only 2 weeks ago, in fact I have made some additional amendments today which include adding the phone box, extended mono.pur finish, S-Line sports suspension & adaptive xenon headlights. Ive promised the dealer this would be my final changes, but reading posts from this forum makes me change my mind. I recon I should switch off and acknowlege the fact I wont be sitting in my car for at least 6 mths

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, I'm new as well, just to let you know my experience, ordered 8th of May and initially told build wk 31, a week later added heated seats and interior lighting pack (thanks to reading this forum!) and built wk came forward to wk 29, wonder how late i can make changes, having second thoughts with the SE suspension, maybe the s line would be fine, Hill hold + as well, better make my mind up!
    A Lot of really useful info on here, Thanks guys
    Sandra likes this.
    Ordered 8th May, build week 29, A3 SB S Line 2.0 Tdi s-tronic Daytona Grey, Comfort pack, Adv key, Parking +, Privacy glass, SE suspension, no smoking, Folding mirrors

Status
    Welcome Colin and Mitchd to audi-sport.net. Your in good company in here, lots of friendly helpful people in here. Hope you both enjoy the forum. x

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchd View Post
    Hi, I'm new as well, just to let you know my experience, ordered 8th of May and initially told build wk 31, a week later added heated seats and interior lighting pack (thanks to reading this forum!) and built wk came forward to wk 29, wonder how late i can make changes, having second thoughts with the SE suspension, maybe the s line would be fine, Hill hold + as well, better make my mind up!
    A Lot of really useful info on here, Thanks guys
    Welcome Mitch and Colin, I only joined in April, being a complete Audi novice. I'm amazed at the vast amount of knowledge the members have, not to mention their enthusiasm and helpfulness.
    i joined having just my ordered my 1st ever audi....... And it wasn't long before I added hill assist, SD sat nav and the xenon light package! Enjoy the ride.
    Sandra likes this.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Welcome Mitch and Colin, I only joined in April, being a complete Audi novice. I'm amazed at the vast amount of knowledge the members have, not to mention their enthusiasm and helpfulness.
    i joined having just my ordered my 1st ever audi....... And it wasn't long before I added hill assist, SD sat nav and the xenon light package! Enjoy the ride.
    Mark, glad your enjoying the forum. x