Countdown!...4 nights...

moonlight

Reaction score
Afternoon,

So....I have just been informed of my registration plate...should be ready to collect on Monday(the plate together with the car!)....and breath....

Is it Monday yet?

Reactions: SportbackStu
3 nights......though there's a slim chance it could be today!...something for the weekend!?

(Ordered end of Jan)

LOL - You have started a countdown thread. Not sure how I missed this.

Fingers crossed you get a call today saying come on over, the car is ready and waiting.

If it is a monday collection are you taking the day off? A call in to the office saying you are not well and have Audi-itis? :)

ha...well....my feeling is that the car is being delivered to Audi today.....they have told me they COULD turn it round in half a day (though I don't want them to rush anything!)...experience tells me it wont be today....and will be late Monday...so I suspect it will be an early departure from work...skip the how everything works tutorial and hit the tarmac.

Though I'm still hopeful for the call...dry day today too.

For me, Audi informed me they took delivery on the monday 20th/tuesday 21st May and it would be ready on the friday (24th). I would agree with you, definitely do not want them to rush the prepping and checking all is in order within a half day. I do not think this is something they would do.

My only gripe with the collection was that the weather was raining hard and that the car was not kept under cover in a lit environment for me to check over. Not easy checking the body and paintwork when rain is coming down hard. I washed the car on the saturday and was able to look at the paintwork and panels in better lighting/conditions. All in order so I was lucky the overcast day/rain had not masked any issues.

The collection checklist that Viperfire provided certainly helped me to look for certain things that I would have forgotten to ask. Got me focused. Definitely recommend it.

Wow, another countdown thread. I so look forward to these. Hopefully you get the call today, but if not, monday is good. Im going to have to get some ideas on how to make these coundown thread more fun. So looking forward to the pictures as usual. Im off to see if i can get a little something fun for in here to make the countdown easier. :) x

maybe some countdown music...how does it go now...doodoo doodoo doodoodoodoo...poooo...!

Reactions: Sandra
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=O8onF7DJgy8[/video]

lol...no but they'd do!.....I meant the show countdown with Ms Riley! That was my feeble attempt at the clock counting down.

There was a song back in the 90's....I can't wait another minute.......!

The cod will indeed get a review.....would be better to have this weekend I guess to put it through it's paces...otherwise...I'll just be driving few miles homes on Monday!

2 more sleeps...;)

Reactions: Gweneira and Sandra
​I have my music all picked out for tomorrow night. :) x

I'm excited mines probably on a boat or maybe even in the Uk ?? you must be exstatic. Good luck for collection.

Mark

One and a half sleeps ! It will free up a huge amount of space on my phone. I ll be able to delete all the a3 pics ! Really looking forward to those first minutes of ownership. I bet its late Monday and at rush hour!

One sleep to go Moonlight, I hope it isn't at the end of the day, but whatever time the wait is really worth it. You will be another person with a permagrin :)

Moonlight, start warming up the music and practice that uncontrollable grin (that all new owners tell us about). However, I'm sure the grin will come naturally. Good luck tomorrow.

Moonlight, the music go on later, im on my phone just now. :) x

Thanks ! One more night (phil Collins). I won't sleep if I start to think about it. Awoke this morn at 6 and tossed and turned for an hour and had to get up ! Cleared my car out today.. It's starting to feel real !

Your music is in its own thread now. Im sure you wont sleep much tonight, but come tomorrow morning, you will have the new car grin. I so hope the weather is kind to you and please dont forget the pics. :) x

Hope the car is ready for collection early in the day for you. Look forward to how your first day goes with the new car.

Thanks people. Must check the weather I ll be staring at the phone awaiting the call. Call me (blondie). Probable spend most of the night sitting on the drive trying work out all the gadgets ! But hey.. Still great fun ! Will find some dramatic backdrop to take some pics !

Thanks people. Must check the weather I ll be staring at the phone awaiting the call. Call me (blondie). Probable spend most of the night sitting on the drive trying work out all the gadgets ! But hey.. Still great fun ! Will find some dramatic backdrop to take some pics !

You have to go to sleep and when you wake, the sun will be shining, and then your car be ready and you be a member of the grin club. Have a great day tomorrow. :) x

Forecast is good ! The sun always shines on Audi Thanks. Tick tock

It's Monday! And it's your day moonlight. Enjoy the music, countdown and make sure the phone is on the hook! Enjoy.

Best of luck Moonshine. Enjoy your day. Enjoy the drive. We all look forward to hearing from you. :) x :yes:

thanks!...butterflies woke me up at 6 this morning!...lol...I haven't grown up yet.....B E A U tiful day.....why haven't they rung yet why whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

thanks!...butterflies woke me up at 6 this morning!...lol...I haven't grown up yet.....B E A U tiful day.....why haven't they rung yet why whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Lol, I think we just about as excited as you are. They will ring soon enough, you will probably jump out of your skin when the phone does ring. Are you far from the dealership? Are you at work today? You got the camera ready for the first pic of the unveiling? :) x

Good luck today moonlight, hopefully not too long now.

I've checked it and double checked...wait...yes it's still on ...no missed calls....

I'm about 15 mins from the dealership...from work unfortunately....I'm going to make contact in a few mins...this is were it goes one way or the other...sharp intake of air as I hear mutterings of it not been ready!?

Reactions: markwiggy
....soooooooooooooo.......I had a feeling in my water....I kneeeeeeeeeeeew it....dealer has just informed me that they haven't pdi'd it yet!

Not being carried out until tomorrow with collection now Wednesday morning.....do they not realise that I have now got to put my I-pod back in to my current motor!......put my best shirt n tie on today.....more waiting I'm afraid:aggressive:....they tell you one thing and do another...more restless nights

....soooooooooooooo.......I had a feeling in my water....I kneeeeeeeeeeeew it....dealer has just informed me that they haven't pdi'd it yet!

Not being carried out until tomorrow with collection now Wednesday morning.....do they not realise that I have now got to put my I-pod back in to my current motor!......put my best shirt n tie on today.....more waiting I'm afraid:aggressive:....they tell you one thing and do another...more restless nights

Oh no, im so disappointed for you. Its easy for me to say its just a few more days, but its not me collecting a long awaited car. Im sure you not very happy right now, but least you know its at the dealership and they will be preparing it for you. Chin up. :) x

Indeed.....it is there....a little tempted to go and see it...but I wont....ORIGINALLY it was going to be this Thursday...then a doubtful last Friday...then Monday....now Wednesday...so a day earlier than initially planned...I was only 'saying' to SJW that it would have been nice to have a few more days of excitement (when I found out delivery could be the next day - Friday)....but no I WANT IT NOW lol...and so the countdown continues........haven't told many people it was going to be today (apart from the Audi world that is!lol)

Indeed.....it is there....a little tempted to go and see it...but I wont....ORIGINALLY it was going to be this Thursday...then a doubtful last Friday...then Monday....now Wednesday...so a day earlier than initially planned...I was only 'saying' to SJW that it would have been nice to have a few more days of excitement (when I found out delivery could be the next day - Friday)....but no I WANT IT NOW lol...and so the countdown continues........haven't told many people it was going to be today (apart from the Audi world that is!lol)

We family now, lol. Ok so we need to wait a few more days, but its worth the wait. So we will have more time to think up some tunes for you. Dancing in the moonlight was the favourite for tonight, but we will think of something else fitting. :) keep smiling. :) x