Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

What is the "a" switch next to the hand break switch in some photos?

Probably a really obvious question but as the title says. Thinks its only on the S Line to?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    It's the hold assist - holds the brakes on after you come to a complete stop until you set off again. It's just a toggle button to turn it on and off.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    It's not on any trim level as standard, it's a £90 option
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

4th Gear

Status
    I'm going back to buying pre-1990 cars.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

3rd Gear

Status
    It's essentially just an updated version of 'hill-hold assist', except that it now works even when you are not on a slope. I have it on mine, and it's a nice touch. Would order again.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mfspen View Post
    It's essentially just an updated version of 'hill-hold assist', except that it now works even when you are not on a slope. I have it on mine, and it's a nice touch. Would order again.
    Exactly, I too would specify again works well but after 54 yrs driving with mechanical hand brake--------SPOOKY
    A3 SB SPORT 1.4 TFSI. Phantom Black, Alcantara/Leather, Xenons, B&O, SD Sat Nav, Comfort Package, Storage Package, Folding Mirrors, Park Plus & Reverse Camera, Hill Hold Assist, SE Suspension, Aluminium Roof Rails, Kinetic Alloy.

Neutral

Status
    Ohh Ok thanks, something to consider.

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B7000 View Post
    Exactly, I too would specify again works well but after 54 yrs driving with mechanical hand brake--------SPOOKY
    Totally agree with you B7000. I have only been driving for 21 years with the conventional handbrake up until now and spooky is one way of putting it.

Silly question but on topic - if you beat the electro mech system when disengaging (or just forget) the brake will you burn/damage the mechanism?

6th Gear

Status
    Doubt it - all that will happen is the wheels move while the pads have pressure on them, exactly the same as happens in normal braking (but far less extreme). At worst I imagine you'd shorten the life of the pads a miniscule amount.

6th Gear

Status
    You'll stall and look like an idiot

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Doubt it - all that will happen is the wheels move while the pads have pressure on them, exactly the same as happens in normal braking (but far less extreme). At worst I imagine you'd shorten the life of the pads a miniscule amount.
    Perhaps a burnt rubber smell then ;-) Thanks for clarifying.

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a6-chris View Post
    You'll stall and look like an idiot
    haha - too many idiots on the roads so will just blend in :-)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    Silly question but on topic - if you beat the electro mech system when disengaging (or just forget) the brake will you burn/damage the mechanism?
    The 'Hill Hold Assist' automatically disengages when you touch the throttle.