Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By garethpauljones
  • 1 Post By garethpauljones
  • 1 Post By Daveotto

Thread: Collected My Audi A3 Today [now with photos!]

Reverse Gear

Status

Collected My Audi A3 Today [now with photos!]

As of this afternoon I am the proud owner of a new Audi A3 SB S line 2.0 TDI. I've of course been out and about tonight - it drives like a dream and is quieter and more comfortable than my A1 S line 1.6 TDI (which had really firm suspension).

I was going to take some photos but it got too dark by the time I got back from my drive so I thought I would share something different with you instead - a video of a DVD playing on the MMI screen with the technology pack. The video quality is very good. I can't see myself using the DVD player often but you have to test these things! The audio kicks in after about 20 seconds (I have the standard Audi audio - not that you will be able to tell from a video recorded on my phone!).

Here is a link to the video: Audi A3 2013 - DVD playing on MMI with Technology Pack - YouTube (the flicker on the screen is just from the recording and you can't see it on the screen in the car).

[Edit: 30th May - here are some photos]

Also, I completed 2 30 mile journeys today and averaged 50mpg on one journey and 54mpg on the other - not too bad. That was in efficiency mode and driving at the speed limit - largely motorway and national speed limit A roads.

audi-1.jpgaudi-2.jpgaudi-3.jpgaudi-4.jpgaudi-5.jpg
    Last edited by garethpauljones; 30th May 2013 at 20:05.
    Audi A3 S Line SB 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey | Fine Nappa Leather, Extended Interior Finish, Comfort Pack, f/h Door Mirrors, Black Roof Rails, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Electric & Heated Seat with Lumbar Support, Technology Pack.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Have you got s line suspension or sport?

before you say it I ask because all new a3 come as standard with sport suspension on sport models and s line unless you specify for the s line suspension.....

i have s line suspension and recently completed a 2500 mile trip round Europe with no problems and found the suspension to be brilliant on all surfaces.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    Have you got s line suspension or sport?

before you say it I ask because all new a3 come as standard with sport suspension on sport models and s line unless you specify for the s line suspension.....

i have s line suspension and recently completed a 2500 mile trip round Europe with no problems and found the suspension to be brilliant on all surfaces.

Sean
    It's standard suspension (so sport) which is why I think it is noticeably softer than my A1 S line. I have also found the steering to be incredibly light and easy (which can be firmed up with the dynamic drive mode option). It's been really comfy so far - now just got to wrestle with artwork on the MMI screen like everyone else!
    Audi A3 S Line SB 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey | Fine Nappa Leather, Extended Interior Finish, Comfort Pack, f/h Door Mirrors, Black Roof Rails, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Electric & Heated Seat with Lumbar Support, Technology Pack.

5th Gear

Status
    Look forward to seeing pics mate!
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have one picture which I took earlier when I collected the car but it doesn't really show very much!

IMG_0262.jpg

Hopefully if the weather is nice tomorrow afternoon I'll take some shots.
    Gweneira likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just to bump this up as I have now added photos to the first post in the thread.

Neutral

Status
    Great photo's your car looks fantastic.
    if possible could you take some more of the interior.
    I would love to see the extended interior Finnish and leather seats.
    On order A3 SB 1.6 TDI S-Line - Daytona Grey, Fine Nappa Leather, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Aluminium Roof Rails, Hold Assist, Park Assist Plus, 5 Year Warranty.
    Build Week 27 Delivery: 1st September.

Third Gear

Status
    Looks nice mate, cheers for the pics nice to see the silk Nappa leather. Should have mine within the next month.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Status
    ​Gareth car looks amazing. Im sure you will have a permanent grin for a while. Enjoy. x
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Reverse Gear

Status
    This is the best I can do at the moment as it's getting dark outside but I hope this gives you an idea of the leather and extended finish. I think the mono pur looks very nice in the car.

audi-6.jpgaudi-7.jpgaudi-8.jpgaudi-9.jpg

4th Gear

Status
    Great pics, first Daytona with black roof rails I have seen......that's another one for my A3 S-line Daytona m25/a12 meet and cruise :-)
    markwiggy likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for these photo's, I think you made some good choices.
    The seats look really smart, I am so glad I went for the leather.
    I wish my budget could of stretched to the extended finish.
    On order A3 SB 1.6 TDI S-Line - Daytona Grey, Fine Nappa Leather, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Aluminium Roof Rails, Hold Assist, Park Assist Plus, 5 Year Warranty.
    Build Week 27 Delivery: 1st September.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Nice colour that, some tints would look nice.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Gareth I really like the spec of your A3 SPB. The mono.pur adds the final finishing touch to the interior. Are the door armrests in the rear also covered or is it restricted to the front only? The brochure suggests the latter. It would be nice to know. Thanks.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Wurth View Post
    Hi Gareth I really like the spec of your A3 SPB. The mono.pur adds the final finishing touch to the interior. Are the door armrests in the rear also covered or is it restricted to the front only? The brochure suggests the latter. It would be nice to know. Thanks.
    Hi - the extended finish also applies to the rear. It's on the rear seats, head rests and door inlays. I attach some photos below which don't do it justice!

IMG_0290.jpgIMG_0291.jpgIMG_0280.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf Course), Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Car looks stunning !!
    Now driving: A3 8V Sportback in Glacier White. 1.4 TFSI SE

Interior Light Pack
    Interior Aluminium Elements
    Upgraded 17" Alloys

Free DAB as standard as of April 2013 sure was!!
    Cheerio: 2.0 TDCI Zetec Mondeo (should have been a good car but hasn't )

Reverse Gear

Status
    Congrats! Mono.pur pack make it look like R8 cabin, love it!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Gareth for the pics. You must be really pleased, some real comfort and extra wow! at the end of what has been a long wait.It really looks the business.