Volks AutosSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CHEZ

Thread: Sick ( now with images)

Neutral

Status

Angry Sick ( now with images)

Just noticed that someone has scraped my NSF bumper in a car park and just f##### off. I am absolutely gutted about this.
    Last edited by smudger69; 27th May 2013 at 09:35.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Thats not good news.
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Way of the world unfortunately, just get it repaired & accept its part & parcel of idiotic sized parking spaces.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

moderately amusing

Status
    pics?
    it is new paint so "maybe" it will T cut out!
    it is amazing what T cut can achieve!
    .................................................. ..........

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEZ View Post
    pics?
    it is new paint so "maybe" it will T cut out!
    it is amazing what T cut can achieve!
    Its new paint its right through the primer. Just gutted about it all and how feckless people are about other people's property.

moderately amusing

Status
    feel for you brother!
    i always 'try' and park away from everything else, but guaranteed when i come back there will always be a battered old zafira next to me or similar everytime!
    my car seems to be a shed magnet in car parks!
    A3BE likes this.
    .................................................. ..........

Neutral

Status
    I know how you feel. I was in my home town the other day and when I came back I noticed that some 'idiot' had dinted my passenger door even thought I parked over on the other side where it was quiet. Quick call to Audi and they put me through to a repair place, £600 they wanted. So went to Auto smart who repaired an alloy for me and they did a great job on the repair for £156 and 3 hours work :-).

Pic attached.photo(1).jpg
    New - Audi A3 13 plate, 2.0 TDI S-Line, Scuba Blue, Rear Sensors, Light & Rain package, Comfort package, Adaptive Headlights, Lane Assist, Bang & Olufsen Speakers, DAB, Folding mirrors, Int light package, Alcantara leather, S-Line suspension, Tech package, Variable headlight control, Phone box, Hold assist, Speed limit display

Old - Audi A3 2.0 TDI, S-Line. Aqua Blue, Bose, Rear Sensors, Light & Rain Sensor Pack, Sat Nav Plus System.

Neutral

Status
    [/URL]

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Its not too bad tbh, smart repair would be your best bet.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    [/URL]

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Its not too bad tbh, smart repair would be your best bet.
    I know it's just the inconvenience of it all and inconsiderate idiots.

Neutral

Status
    [/URL]

1st Gear

Status
    B*stards someone wrecked my cars front bumper when I parked at meadowhall shopping centre! I was fuming

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudger69 View Post
    [/URL]
    Mate I'm not questioning you but that looks like a wall or bollard scrape not a car catching it...... Maybe your mrs??? I suppose a van catching it could do that.... No cctv or anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_fr200 View Post
    B*stards someone wrecked my cars front bumper when I parked at meadowhall shopping centre! I was fuming
    meadowhall is full of muppets mate, I park as far away as possible and walk in rain or shine... Then as we were walking my mrs catches a z4m with her handbag I had a right go at her inspected his car it wasn't marked but told her if she had marked it she was waiting there til he came back and paying for any repairs!

Some people just have no respect for others property, I think a smart repairer could solve that for £200 ish .... Damn shame though nice colour

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    Mate I'm not questioning you but that looks like a wall or bollard scrape not a car catching it...... Maybe your mrs??? I suppose a van catching it could do that.... No cctv or anything?

Sean
    Na it wasnt a bollard or anything like that plus the missus would tell me and I trust her wholeheartedly. I was racking my brain earlier and I remembered that my NS wing mirror was pushed back towards the bonnet when I was parked in a car park. I never noticed it till I was driving away as I always reverse park but it never crossed my mind to check anywhere else as the wing mirror wasnt damaged.
    Last edited by smudger69; 27th May 2013 at 16:34.

Neutral

Status
    £400 to sort that little amount of damage.

3rd Gear

Status
    £400 to sort that little amount of damage.
    That does seem a little on the high side. I had a similar job done (but on the rear bumper) of my A4 last year with Audi and it cost £130. I'd expect yours to be a bit more expensive as the front bumper would need quite a bit more prep. 400 notes would bring me out in a sweat though!

They unclipped the bumper, prepped it up and rolled it into the oven. All in a day.

Is there another dealership you trust? Some dealers even do smart repairs.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    That does seem a little on the high side. I had a similar job done (but on the rear bumper) of my A4 last year with Audi and it cost £130. I'd expect yours to be a bit more expensive as the front bumper would need quite a bit more prep. 400 notes would bring me out in a sweat though!

They unclipped the bumper, prepped it up and rolled it into the oven. All in a day.

Is there another dealership you trust? Some dealers even do smart repairs.
    Don't really care how much it costs as the insurance is paying as I aint being out of pocket for some moron who can't drive.

6th Gear

Status
    If I was designing a car, i'd put cameras into the wing mirrors and proximity sensors so that if a car door came near, they could start filming to get the offence on tape! Then leave the cameras rolling to get the registration plate as they leave, or wait till you come back if they don't leave before you...
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    If I was designing a car, i'd put cameras into the wing mirrors and proximity sensors so that if a car door came near, they could start filming to get the offence on tape! Then leave the cameras rolling to get the registration plate as they leave, or wait till you come back if they don't leave before you...
    i am sure you can pretty much do that now with one of those security cameras advertised on here. No proximity sensors but just leave it recording when parked up so you have a record of a number plate of any car that causes damage assuming you reverse park and camera has a wide angle lens to catch cars either side.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    Don't really care how much it costs as the insurance is paying as I aint being out of pocket for some moron who can't drive.
    I'm a bit confused now. In your original post you implied they'd driven off without leaving details.

All well and good if they're insured or have the means to pay up. Hope you get it sorted soon.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    Ye my insurance is paying as I don't know who did it.

6th Gear

Status
    ...So you'll still have to pay the excess and increased premium, and lose your no-claims?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    No increased premium no claims protected and ye £100 excess.

1st Gear

Status
    Self-driving and self-parking as standard can't come quick enough.

Neutral

Status
    Now sorted you wouldn't know any damage was ever there.