Folding mirrors query.

JossyB

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone else noticed if their driver's side mirror runs a fraction slower than the passenger side ?. Nothing really I know.

Picked my car up Thursday - absolutely love it !. :kissmyrings:

If you look at them from the front, you will see the angles are different, they don't run slower, its just 1 has to fold further than the other.

Must be better things to do than count the seconds of mirrors folding, next it will be handbrake delay!!.....

He has a valid query, the 8P had faults with folding mirrors across different years, where one would fold & other wouldn't, they wouldn't fold complete or would be loose/floppy from not folding properly, so its fair to question incase it has followed to the new chassis.

On the same subject, is there a way to set the mirrors to auto fold when you switch the engine off rather than have to turn the little dial in the door console?
Thanks

You can set it to fold when you lock the car with the fob. It'll unfold when you turn the ignition back on. The setting for this is in the MMI under central locking I believe (provided you have the folding mirrors)

Reactions: noidea