OMG Passenger Sun visor

V00D00

Reaction score
I dropped in at my local Audi dealer today, wanted to take another look at the SB, and I was horrified at the safety stickers on the passenger sun visor. I said to the sales rep. " couldn't they have stuck that monstrosity of a sticker on the inside next to the mirror, dropped down the sun visor and OMG there was one on the inside as we'll. I tried to see if it would peel off, but I think it's glued on.

Do Audi by law have to have these warning labels visible (child seat safety) or could you ask for them to be removed. My current A3
doesn't have them.

Does anyone else think they look bad? Has anyone managed to remove them? Or is it just me!

Reactions: Belfin
I dropped in at my local Audi dealer today, wanted to take another look at the SB, and I was horrified at the safety stickers on the passenger sun visor. I said to the sales rep. " couldn't they have stuck that monstrosity of a sticker on the inside next to the mirror, dropped down the sun visor and OMG there was one on the inside as we'll. I tried to see if it would peel off, but I think it's glued on.

Do Audi by law have to have these warning labels visible (child seat safety) or could you ask for them to be removed. My current A3
doesn't have them.

Does anyone else think they look bad? Has anyone managed to remove them? Or is it just me!

I agree, they look bad and I would also like to know if anybody has removed these. I don't want a large sticky patch left after removal. They really irritate me.

That might be worth a go, but I would be a little reluctant to do it to my new car, in case it all goes wrong. Maybe Audi should supply a non sticker pack for the car!

I imagine it's a legal requirement. I have also heard that you can order the driver's sun visor of a left hand drive car to replace it.

Reactions: Joosth
Now that's an idea. :rock:I will speak to the dealer and see what options they can come up with.

Don't quote me on that though cause I'm not totally sure, but see what your dealer says

It's got to be worth ago. But I imagine they won't be that flexible. At the same time I might see if they will throw in the Audi ash tray. I have ordered the car with non-stocking pack, but thought the ash tray looked quite cool.

I don't think it's a legal requirement as such, but NCAP penalise cars that don't have permanent warnings.

I asked Audi Customer Service about removing these eyesores and they told me my dealer would do it for me. However, whilst not point blank refusing, my dealer made it clear that it would be down to me if anything went wrong. He said that the ones on the A3 seem to be fused to the sun visor whereas previously it had been possible to lift a corner and use a solvent to remove them.
I suggested the LHD drivers side route but that hasn't been persued

It sounds like we are going to have to live with them. It's a shame they have to make them so big, and on both sides. I will still ask my dealer and see if they can come up with a solution.

Euro NCAP results:

8P "There was inadequate warning against placing a rear-facing restraint on the front passenger seat opposite an airbag" http://www.euroncap.com/tests/audi_a3_2003/176.aspx

8V "Permanently attached labels on the sun visor clearly warn of the dangers of using a rearward facing child seat in that position without first disabling the airbag." http://www.euroncap.com/results/audi/a3/480.aspx

The 8V still doesn't satisfy them though: "Although the passenger airbag can be disabled with an optionally fitted switch to allow a rearward-facing child restraint to be used in that seating position, insufficient information is provided to the driver regarding the status of the airbag preventing any reward for the system."

What if you did manage to remove the stickers and noticing that Audi decide to put them back during the next servicing :D. Wouldn't that suck :).

Reactions: SJW
NCAP is a farce for effectively forcing manufacturers to add stickers like these to gain a better rating. Pandering to total morons who should realise this anyway and affecting the rest of us.

The best method is probably to source a spare visor intended for the left side of a LHD model as this would obviously not have the stickers but god knows how much they'd want for that.

I can see cars having a cabin full of these in the future,liability cover gone crazy

I asked Audi Customer Service about removing these eyesores and they told me my dealer would do it for me. However, whilst not point blank refusing, my dealer made it clear that it would be down to me if anything went wrong. He said that the ones on the A3 seem to be fused to the sun visor whereas previously it had been possible to lift a corner and use a solvent to remove them.
I suggested the LHD drivers side route but that hasn't been persued

Looking at the ETKA part catalogue there are quite a few different sun visors mainly different colours to match the headlining but they all seem to complete complete with the pivot fixing unit and cost £71.52 incl vat.

Its becoming more American by the day as they have ridiculous warnings in the mirror glass stating the obvious & actually some distort the vision because of this, ok maybe some don't use common sense, but really, most drivers do.

It all done because of the American and now increasingly UK claim culture. When anything happens everyone is looking for someone to blame and make a claim. These notices are the manufacturers way of trying to limit the problem. The current A3 Owner's Manual has as many Warnings as information! It's all getting rather stupid.

Does anyone have the part number for a LHD sun visor? I need to get rid of those nasty warning prints. Is it a straight swap?

Does anyone have the part number for a LHD sun visor? I need to get rid of those nasty warning prints. Is it a straight swap?
If ordering one of these, make sure to ask the dealer to ensure it will not be printed with the warning label as I ordered one for my previous A1 for the same reason, was told it would be blank (by a dealer!) but when it arrived it had the same horrendous message printed on it so it went straight back and I gave up trying!