Traffic Annoucements

Nardies

Reaction score
Hi all, bit of an annoying issue. I have the DAB/FM traffic announcements switched off in the Radio settings, however randomly they seem to turn themselves back on, does anyone else have this? It's extremely annoying, especially if you're...ahem...singing along to tunes, only for someone to stop the music and tell you about a jam 30 miles away!

No, mine was on when I got it and it was really annoying, I switched it off and that's the last I heard

Strange. I had a read through the manual confirmed that it's turned off as TCP is not showing, then randomly it's back on again!

What unit is it?

I have a symphony II and there are two buttons, one switches on the main interruptions and the other starts latest messages relating to your journey...

I really don't mean to insult intelligence but are you definitely hitting the right button as I did this on a journey once and swore I was turning it off until I realised I was hitting the wrong button :keule:

I have the Technology Pack, do I go into Radio > Settings > Announcements and have DAB & FM, FM only or off. Selecting 'off' turns off TCP.

However, something else appears to be turn it back on and I can't work out what that is.

Hmm, not sure sorry mate. I don't have to go into any settings....just two buttons

Audi Symphony II

TP is on/off & TI is comments for me

Is that an 8P dude? I've got an 8V...

However, something else appears to be turn it back on and I can't work out what that is.

Clutching at straws - but I've noticed on some things (Navigation home address, for example) it seems to depend on if you phone is connected or not. I.e. I have two phones (one work mobile and one private mobile) and had to set the home address 3 times (Work phone, private phone and no phone).

I wonder if it is yet another 'feature' that is linked to something like the phone or key?!!

Apologies, yes, I'm 8P......slides away humbly

Clutching at straws - but I've noticed on some things (Navigation home address, for example) it seems to depend on if you phone is connected or not. I.e. I have two phones (one work mobile and one private mobile) and had to set the home address 3 times (Work phone, private phone and no phone).

I wonder if it is yet another 'feature' that is linked to something like the phone or key?!!

I too, noticed that. I guess it is some sort of feature, possibly a bug though.